6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Ficm Issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 05:36 PM
leadfootal
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Ficm Issues

If any of you out there have had issues like hard starting, having to keep truck plugged in to start, power lacking and codes reading short or low voltage on a 6.0 2004 f350, you will be glad to know that you can fix it like I did and sent it out to ficmrepair.com. Wow what a difference in how my truck acts and starts now. Even at the two year price it is still lower then buying one from ford, to which are crap and you will have same problem occur, he rebuilds them with better parts at half the price or less. I had to tell all you ford guys before you start losing injectors and how Truck is responding just doing this easy task.My truck was down for a week while I took it out and sent express and back express out Monday back in Friday so easily done. This guy ed will go over everything with you and e-mail you back along with being honest. I picked up his site from this site and was glad I did. So if you have issues check it out, for I had two power circuits out.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:15 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts
Yep I will be sending mine to Ed if I ever have an issue with my FICM

It blows me away to see Folks paying 1000-1100.00 for a New unit from the dealer. I know some folks Look into that moter bay and get really nervous and dont dare touch it. But Its really not that Bad. and Well worth the time to get it out. Once you fix the weakness you have a solid part. A new one may have weak soilder joints to. But then some need the truck ASAP those folks just have to bite the bullet. So if you could live with out the truck for a week Ed is definatly the way to go.

How can you Beat it Ed gives ya a better warrenty than Ford does

Old 12-18-2011, 07:12 PM
Nice Work Truck
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ed really took care of me.
I sent mine out to Ed on Wed. afternoon and he had it back to me yesterday.
Now I did explain to him that this is a work truck and if it does not run I don't earn.
So he said that he would try to take care of me.
Now my truck is running GREAT.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:51 PM
da-bees
Senior User
FICM Issues

I know that some here frown on statments unfavorable to Ford Motor Co. and I somewhat aggree that it is akin to beating a dead horse to question why the 6.0 or for that matter anything was desighned with built in weaknesses.
I would however find it difficult to accept if a module bought from Ford today has the same weakness as they had all along.
Is there evidence the module has been redesighned to eleminate solder joint failure?

Old 12-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Nice Work Truck
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by da-bees
I know that some here frown on statments unfavorable to Ford Motor Co. and I somewhat aggree that it is akin to beating a dead horse to question why the 6.0 or for that matter anything was desighned with built in weaknesses.
I would however find it difficult to accept if a module bought from Ford today has the same weakness as they had all along.
Is there evidence the module has been redesighned to eleminate solder joint failure?
Ed did my FICM for $325 with a 2 year warranty.
I would not even consider a new one ( with possible issues ) for $1100-1200.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:08 PM
Special Ed
Elder User
I had my truck at the dealer for some under warranty issues & they wanted to put a FICM in for me at $1200. They told me I needed it now or anything could happen. I had been watching it for a few months already & it only dropped down few volts at most. Anyways my point I asked if Ford addressed any of the issues why they keep failing with upgraded parts or anything like that & they said no same module same BS. So I asked why I would pay them $1200 to install another BS module & they told me because I needed it & thats all Ford offers. I took it out & got it repaired saving over $1000 & have a better product now.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:18 AM
leadfootal
New User
This why I had ed do it for 325 and a two year on it! I had several issues with ford on this truck including a oil cooler that is against firewall costing me 3000 with known issues with it clogging up,bursting hoses under turbo and ford knowing about it and doing nothing even when truck was acting up during warranty could not find anything of coarse but was this unit going bad. Even went to board of directors over it with no avail and was told sorry out of warranty, past four years by one month, bought truck new, should have bought extended warranty. egrs always clog up after they replaced it new I since have been getting gasket kit and cleaning it, saving the money, for the mechanic from ford told me about that one.Short of buying a egr delete kit, maybe one day. When had truck for two years switch on turbo went out then turbo.Three or more sensors have been replaced. Lets just say it is running good for now. My first mistake was paying it off within two years and payed all that money for lift. Otherwise might have been gone along time ago. Don't get me wrong I like the comfort and ride and everything else on truck, just frustrated as hell on motor problems along with several others!! Thanks for listening sorry for long post.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:19 AM
sammy77
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Nice Work Truck
Ed did my FICM for $325 with a 2 year warranty.
I would not even consider a new one ( with possible issues ) for $1100-1200.

I replaced mine last week with a "half shell" only paid $345 though I still get discount thru my dealer.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:06 AM
bodabdan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sammy77
I replaced mine last week with a "half shell" only paid $345 though I still get discount thru my dealer.
I hope it works out well for you, but keep in mind that Ed not only fixes the broken parts and touches up the solder joints, but he also replaces many of the components on the board with higher end components. When the job is done, you have a ficm that has better parts inside than what the factory units have.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:59 AM
scrdanis
Senior User
I just sent my circuit board to CIRCUIT BOARD MEDICS. Cost $130 and a four day turn around. Has a year warranty. They were great and answered any questions. Will definately do it again. They also do re-buiolds on most any circuit board.
I pulled the FICM and shipped it by noon on Monday. They recieved it and did their wooga-wooga and sent it back. The truck was back on the road Thrusday. Over night both ways.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:08 PM
sammy77
Postmaster
Originally Posted by bodabdan
I hope it works out well for you, but keep in mind that Ed not only fixes the broken parts and touches up the solder joints, but he also replaces many of the components on the board with higher end components. When the job is done, you have a ficm that has better parts inside than what the factory units have.
I hope it works as good but I really had to get my truck back ASAP. Of course I had to replace an injector as well.