6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

my rant to ford motor company

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 09:15 PM
alfama351
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my rant to ford motor company

This is an email I sent to ford motor. Hope this gets me somewhere, any way sorry for the long post.

I own a 2004 Super Duty Ford F-350, crew cab Lariat, powered by the
6.0 Power Stroke Diesel engine.
Overall I’m satisfied with my decision to purchase another Ford truck, I have owned several in the past 15 years, about 7 or 8 of them. However the 6.0 diesel has had it's issues, which my selling
dealer has addressed to the best of their capabilities. There is one issue that they cannot seem to get rectified, the truck has been back for the same problem 4 times, and going back on Monday to see if they
can figure it out.

I use my truck to run my business, and with out my truck I can not make a living, every time the truck goes in to the dealer for any issue, I have to take time out of my busy day to get it
there and back, and when the truck is to stay longer than 24 hrs, the dealer provides me with a rental, the biggest problem with that is I bought a truck because it's a necessity, not a luxury or a weekend
vehicle, and Ford does not allow for truck rental when the vehicle is down, so it is making my work life very difficult and stressful, I must say that the dealer has been very accommodating in meeting most of
my requests, and when the truck was recalled because of a transmission issue the service manager did make arrangements to have a pick up truck( at their cost ) for my use during the 5 days that they had the
truck . While the truck was there for the recall, I had them check for the rough running and stalling, that occurs very often, this is the issue that they can't rectify, now I’m going to have to arrange for a
ride to the dealer, twice, unless I wait, which they really frown upon and it's not like I have the time anyway.

Also they tell me that there isn't any codes to go by, because the truck does not show any
Well with that said, this is the fifth time going in for the same problem, and not having time to do this every time that the vehicle acts up, I have no choice but to find out what my options are under
the lemon law. Like I said in the beginning of this long message, that I had to take time out of my busy day to write, I'm satisfied with this purchase; this is a great vehicle when it doesn't act up.
I need assistance with my special needs and I look forward to resolving these issues without a lot hassle and time.
Thanks in advance to your prompt response

Old 05-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Mark Oomkes
Senior User
Good luck. I've sent 2 letters to Ford along with a service survey and new purchase survey and haven't heard 1 thing from them. Also sent a letter to the dealership asking why I have to work to buy a truck from them (sales reps don't return calls) and didn't hear anything from them either. I get the impression that they don't really give a rat's rear end about some if not all of their customers.

I guess I'm the stupid one thinking that they care about someone that's bought 6 trucks from them in 6 years. I'm in the same boat, attempting to use these trucks for work.

Old 05-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Jebadiah04
Posting Guru
The worst experience that i ever had was Ford was when we bought our 86 bran new.

The darn paint fell 60% off before 1 year. Ford refused to repaint the truck so it ran around primer grey for a good 10 years. Other than that...been a great truck.

Old 05-04-2005, 03:35 PM
bedwards
Senior User
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Sold my 86 with 190000 miles and two peeling paint jobs on it. Still wish I had it though. Great truck.

BE

Old 05-05-2005, 07:21 AM
5moons
Junior User
Very well written letter alfama. Very professional, non-controversial, you told them the good and bad about the truck. You were very upbeat and positive about how your selling dealership has worked with you. If they don't reply to yours, I would guess that they don't reply to any of them. From your letter you seem like the type of person who would be easy to work with to resolve this issue. Good luck, I hope you get some attention.
5moons