Black Friday madness - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Black Friday madness

Old 11-21-2011, 02:59 PM
ford2go
Postmaster
ford2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud of
Black Friday madness

Hi,

Is anybody going to participate in this Black Friday stuff?

Probably because I've reached the stage in life where I pretty much have what I want -- or couldn't possibly afford it -- I think it's nuts.

Actually, I always have thought that it was fairly unreasonable. I know that there are some actual deals available, but I also know that they often feature trash.

Wally is pretty famous for that. When DVD players were still pretty new, they had one adverised for $29. My SIL went there at oh dark thirty and found a humongous line -- with limited stock available. He looked around and saw what seemed to be a better one -- for $39. He spent the extra 10 spot and went home. He said that the$29 model didn't look too good.

This year I noticed that one of their 'specials' is a Compaq laptop. They've been trying to dump that baby for months. I don't think that anybody actually wants it.

Maybe some of you have had better experiences. I only tried it once, years ago, when they opened at 7 am -- didn't see anything to write home about.

Curious as to your opinions on it.

hj

Old 11-21-2011, 04:09 PM
dchamberlain
Post Fiend
dchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputation
I don't like to go shopping on normal days. Other than grocery shopping, I go two to three times a year to the town where the nearest Wal-Mart is. I get stuff I can't get otherwise (like the diet coke zero I like) and every couple of year I go to Goodwill and get used jeans.

Anything else I get online, mostly from Amazon.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:17 PM
helifixer
Post Fiend
helifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputation
we still have 2 ELK tags to fill will a hunt for food count as "shopping for a deal"

Old 11-21-2011, 10:27 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
My Christmas shopping is about complete. Black Friday and I don't get along real well.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:20 AM
Ford_Six
Super Moderator
Ford_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputation
I generally do not leave the house on Thanksgiving weekend. I'll be frying and eating a turkey, I was going to take my oldest son and get a tree but I need to rebuild the top end in my workhorse sled to haul it back so that's at least another week down the road.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:58 AM
tbm3fan
Postmaster
tbm3fan is a splendid one to beholdtbm3fan is a splendid one to beholdtbm3fan is a splendid one to beholdtbm3fan is a splendid one to beholdtbm3fan is a splendid one to beholdtbm3fan is a splendid one to beholdtbm3fan is a splendid one to beholdtbm3fan is a splendid one to behold
Hell, no, out of principle. Besides I despise shoulder to shoulder crowds on me.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:45 AM
hanklin
Ambassador
hanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputation
I`d rather sit here comfortably at home ordering online. Sitting outside for hours to save a couple bucks is a waste of time

Old 11-22-2011, 08:53 AM
cjben
Post Fiend
cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.
I don't go,but my ex wife is heavily into it and has saved a lot of money the last couple of years. She got all three kids lap tops for less then half price and a ps3 for a hell of a deal also.