Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to: Clean EBPS to gain lost MPGs (Video)

Old 12-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Spool&Go
Posting Guru
Spool&Go has a very good reputation on FTE.Spool&Go has a very good reputation on FTE.Spool&Go has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by A/Ox4 View Post
You have to be pretty careless to break the sensor.

Just don't throw it or push anything too far into the hole.
roger, Thanks

Old 12-11-2011, 07:19 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1
A/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by dn29626 View Post
I am enjoying your videos. What is the reason you use SAE rather than metric tools?
Thanks for the feedback! Glad youre enjoying!

I use what ever the specs call for. If I had to guess, I would say that most of the time I use metric.
Actually, when I use wrenches I will often go for a SAE because I have a wider selection of SAE wrenches. Most of my metric wrenches are on the small end.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:21 AM
BillyBob69
Post Fiend
BillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to behold
Yes...HOLY CRAP THIS IS AN OLD THREAD!!
But it was referenced to me because I couldn't find any others with the info I needed. Great video! It is exactly what I am doing along with a couple of other items this weekend.
I have to ask tho....What the hell are you using for gloves? I have bought about 4 different kinds of latex and rubber gloves and I shred them all within 5 min of use. I finally just got mechanics gloves but they can be slight obstacle sometimes depending on what I am doing.

Thanks again for the video! Even if it is 7yrs old

Old 10-29-2018, 10:57 AM
Pitcrw6
Postmaster
Pitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BillyBob69 View Post
Yes...HOLY CRAP THIS IS AN OLD THREAD!!
But it was referenced to me because I couldn't find any others with the info I needed. Great video! It is exactly what I am doing along with a couple of other items this weekend.
I have to ask tho....What the hell are you using for gloves? I have bought about 4 different kinds of latex and rubber gloves and I shred them all within 5 min of use. I finally just got mechanics gloves but they can be slight obstacle sometimes depending on what I am doing.

Thanks again for the video! Even if it is 7yrs old
Get a box of chemical resistant rubber gloves. There are all kinds out there and work great. Lowes, Home Depot sells them. Regular latex gloves don't last 5 min.

Old 10-29-2018, 11:43 AM
BillyBob69
Post Fiend
BillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Pitcrw6 View Post
Get a box of chemical resistant rubber gloves. There are all kinds out there and work great. Lowes, Home Depot sells them. Regular latex gloves don't last 5 min.
Yeah so I have noticed. Even the so called latex mech gloves from Harbor Freight die instantly.

I will check out HD on the way home.
Thanks!

Old 10-29-2018, 06:11 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.
"Even the so called latex mech gloves from Harbor Freight die instantly."

I've heard that most of the stuff from HF does the same thing.

Old 10-29-2018, 11:59 PM
'88 E-350
Posting Guru
'88 E-350 has a very good reputation on FTE.'88 E-350 has a very good reputation on FTE.'88 E-350 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I use nitrile gloves, been using them for many years. Brake cleaner will mess them up pretty quickly, carb cleaner a bit slower. Won't melt them, but they swell/expand and become easier to tear and the stuff permeates them enough to smell it on my skin after I take them off, but not enough that I can feel the stuff on my skin. They hold up to gun cleaners and other medium/mild solvents well. Oil, ATF, diesel, coolant seem to do nothing to them. They're harder to rip than latex too.

When I hit something sharp enough to cut them and me they seem to help clean the part before it enters me so there's less junk in the cut, plus there's no gunk on my skin to get pushed into the cut.

Latex get super slippery when oily, nitrile give better grip than skin on oily and especially coolant covered parts. The Harbor Freight nitrile gloves work fine. I have a friend that's a distributor for industrial safety stuff so I buy Radnor brand from him cheaper than HF.

Old 10-30-2018, 06:19 AM
SaintITC
Posting Guru
SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.
I use the 7mil nitrile gloves from HarborFreight and they hold up well. The thinner 5mil ones - which are always on sale - tear easily. You can find 7mil gloves for a similar or sometimes better price online, it's just that the HF store is right around the block from my work. The 9mil are great for heavier work. I reuse them often, pull them off leave inside out to dry, then flip'em and blow them up with the air hose to get em back on easier.

Old 10-30-2018, 08:13 AM
BillyBob69
Post Fiend
Thanks for the info all! I go by an HF on my way home so sounds like I may have to give them a try once more. I honestly don't remember the thickness that I bought before. But will be stopping by Home Depot as well.