Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

November Chat/BS/General Nonsense thread...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 04:49 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,295 Likes on 2,451 Posts
Well another long day is done and LOTS of fun (the smell of cordite/gunpowder) makes me breath heavy, lol.

Yea Rc those were the rough days, I imagine. As far as what I am doing its all part of the job......it is what it is.

Congrats Ches HOLY COW! Good for you Alan, get that stuff fixed or at least get them to make life a little more livable.

Nice lights there Unk Bob, and good on you for the volunteer work.

Penny will be here tomorrow for a week, so I am going to really enjoy the weekend + a few days.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:03 PM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
Received 190 Likes on 174 Posts
thats a good deal there alan.. i use the va for all of my medical needs and they havent killed me yet..... glad to her you will have a good weekend there rich.. bob ho ho ho ho ...

Old 11-17-2011, 05:50 PM
1OldFordMan
Logistics Pro

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
I've been going to the V.A. for a little less than a year now (just never got around to filling out my paperwork). So far fairly pleased with the results. I remember couple years ago I got nailed on my annual physical for LOW blood pressure, took 3 visits to the civilian dr. I was seeing, $70/visit. She had me on HIGH blood pressure medicine, a water pill, & a prostrate pill all at the same time. Took 3 weeks because she was on vaycay & I had to see the practicing nurse the first 2 visits. "Stop taking this pill & come back in a week". "Okay, your numbers look better, stop taking this second pill & come back in a week. The dr. will be back from vaycay then." First V.A. visit they tried to say I had high blood pressure, gave me a machine to check it & VERY SPECIFIC instructions on HOW to check it. Doing what they told me, my numbers came in good. They haven't said anything since then.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:20 PM
1OldFordMan
Logistics Pro

Just talked to this guy on The List. Planning a trip up to Troy Sat. He has a computer & tank both. Price is good, just hope the parts are too.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:55 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 257 Likes on 194 Posts
Rock on Pat! I'm sorry I couldn't be more of a help. I'll still look if ya' want me to.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:31 PM
1OldFordMan
Logistics Pro

Thanks for trying. If this falls through, I WILL be getting back to you. Buddy on the phone with me is telling me they're set to your VIN & have to be "flashed" & your VIN put in????? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot??? I DON'T speak computer, what is he talking about & does he know what he's talking about? IF so, how do I do that?

Old 11-17-2011, 09:37 PM
pintoches
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
found some mixed paint I can buy cheep today,hopefully I say it right, ready to spray single stage acrylic enamel

I was kinda hopping for a brighter green?

Old 11-18-2011, 03:57 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
good morning missouri.. havent found the problem with the bus yet... i have a idea it may be a cracked injector sleeve...so i am going to go get my spare engines and take em apart can maybe just clean up a head off one of them to use...i just hope that i dont kill this little s-10 sticking one in the back to haul to the shop.. it is not a real truck.. and the engines are kinnda big

Old 11-18-2011, 05:21 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Dang the luck there Rc, hope you can get the ol magic carpet (with slide out) bus back up and flying.

Morning to all you folks sleeping in......

Old 11-18-2011, 05:33 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
yea rich it is a bummer i have to do this work now.. i was really wanting to be doing the interior instead.. but i guess making it run is more important.... i know i will get it back running down the road because i have another car show in texas in a few months i want to be at... i just hope the piggy bank holds up till i get the engine back together ha ha ha ha

Old 11-18-2011, 05:46 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Yea is sort is easier to drive it to Tx than haul it, and probably a lot more fun.

Hang in there with it.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:22 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Originally Posted by 1OldFordMan
Thanks for trying. If this falls through, I WILL be getting back to you. Buddy on the phone with me is telling me they're set to your VIN & have to be "flashed" & your VIN put in????? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot??? I DON'T speak computer, what is he talking about & does he know what he's talking about? IF so, how do I do that?
In 1991??!! No friggin' way. It's just a computer. He's talking about an OBD2 car. The mileage and vin is stored in the computer, not the speedometer. In that case, you have to take it to a dealer and have them program the information for you. ...even at that, not ALL newer cars require that when you put a computer in it. Some cars the engine computer is just an operating computer and the body control module is where the vin and mileage is stored and THAT computer is the one that needs to be flashed. They charge around $75 for the service. It's crap, I know, but you need it to get a newer car running. I bought a computer for my '90 Corvette, plugged it in and started the car. No issues. Don't worry about having it "flashed". You just don't need it on a car 1992 or older. 1994 was the first year for OBD1 and 1997 was the first year for OBD2. (O.B.D. = On Board Diagnostics)

Old 11-18-2011, 07:29 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Good Morning Everybody!

I don't plan on doing much today. Yesterday I was hurtin' again. The guy with the S-10 is supposed to come and pick up his truck again.

Great news though. After the trip out to Mt. Vernon, the steering in the truck is now perfect. No whining, no noise, steers like a new one. (knock on wood) I think I got it licked. I had SO MUCH fun driving the ole' girl yesterday. It's like a brand new truck now. (with manual brakes) It steers nice, there's no extra slop in the steering, it runs great. ......I love my truck.

Ches, the only problem with that paint is it's NOT NECESSARILY ready to shoot. ...and you'll have to have reducer anyway to clean your gun. ALSO, allow TWO DAYS for it to dry before you can touch it. So where ever you shoot it it, it needs to stay there for a while. It'll flash in a couple hours, but you'll still be able to put thumb prints and jean prints in it for a couple days. Remember when I quit the dealership because they put a butt print in a hood I painted? yeah, ...same stuff. The slow dry time also creates a problem with dirt. A faster drying paint that uses a hardener will get dust that lands on the paint. Well, it's just dust if the paint is dry. It can be wiped off. When the paint stays tacky like that, the dust settles IN TO the paint and will need to be wet sanded and buffed to get rid of it. Just a heads up for you.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:49 AM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts
Ches, if that is Nason Ful Cryl, I think they offer a hardener to shorten the dry time and toughen the paint up a little but it is exactly as Alan described and doesn't hold up very well to any sort of nicks and rock chips, it is the same type of paint the OEM's used from about 1970-1984 when they went to urethanes. The coverage with it isn't that great either, get a tintable sealer and tint it with a small amount of the paint when you get ready to spray and it'll do three things, the sealer will help the paint to stick better, if you do get a chip, the sealer will be very similar in color to the paint so chips won't be so evident and the sealer will give the paint an even color surface to cover which will help the paint to turn out one consistent color. Since that's an acrylic paint, I'd use Velvaseal or Nason's equivalent to it as long as it is tintable.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:50 AM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts
[quote=earthquake68;11051252]Good Morning Everybody!

I don't plan on doing much today. Yesterday I was hurtin' again. The guy with the S-10 is supposed to come and pick up his truck again.

Great news though. After the trip out to Mt. Vernon, the steering in the truck is now perfect. No whining, no noise, steers like a new one. (knock on wood) I think I got it licked. I had SO MUCH fun driving the ole' girl yesterday. It's like a brand new truck now. (with manual brakes) It steers nice, there's no extra slop in the steering, it runs great. ......I love my truck.

Hopefully you've won the fight with the *****-10.

That's great about the steering! Did you do anything special or just drive it?

Quick Reply: November Chat/BS/General Nonsense thread...