Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

July BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Friday is supposed to have a high of 83* and low of 53*. Saturday about the same and Sunday a few degrees cooler. Thirty percent chance of rain, (I'm thinking possible thunder showers) on Friday and Saturday.

It has been really beautiful lately.

I suppose you will be going out I-80 rather than driving around Tahoe?

Old 07-29-2011, 05:02 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good morning and TGIF!

Old 07-29-2011, 06:50 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Finally Friday...I'm off to my high school reunion!

Old 07-29-2011, 09:30 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hey everyone!
TGIF...I'm so glad that the weekend is here. What a stressful week! GRRR!

Have a happy & safe weekend.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:24 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Goodmorning NV & FTE friends

Hope you have a great weekend!
Supposed to have thunder storms again tonight. It was awesome lastnight standing outside watching the skies light up with streaks of lightening, listening to the scanner tone out 4 brush fires in about 45 minutes! Dispatch was going crazy! We got lucky...it rained just hard enough to soak MoundHouse before the storm turned & headed toward Reno. Safety first, but kinda looking forward to tonight!

Old 07-30-2011, 10:00 AM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
How Do Neighbor! how is Donna today?

Old 07-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

We got the storm, big time last night. All these eighty foot tall pines were swaying so hard I got a little nervous! Then came the hail, not record setting and small enough that there was no damage but it was pretty exciting! Bring it on!

Old 07-30-2011, 12:38 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I got back on Thursday afternoon from San Diego and my oral boards and testing and Friday morning I received an email from the city stating that I scored a 95 on my oral board/testing combo for the city and I'm currently tied for the #1 slot on their eligibility list. WOOOHOOO! Definitely doesn't hurt to be #1 on their list, eh? ;-) So, now I wait for them to contact me regarding the next step. It should be background and at the end of Aug I'm supposed to do a second round of interviews with them.

However, I did have an issue with the F-150 on the way down to San Diego that was a little weird. I'm wondering what your all's take is on it. I had the A/C on the entire time and of course it comes out the panel vents. Well, as I'm driving, it would keep turning off the panel vents and blowing the A/C out the defroster for the windshield. I thought at first it might have been linked to the cruise because if I would hit the brakes and turn off the cruise control, it would come out the panel vents again. However, I could turn the cruise back on and it would stay on the panel vents for a while and then go back to the defroster again. Then it seemed to do it when I was around 85 mph and when I would slow down to 70 mph, it would come back through the panel vents, but that also coincided with me turning off the cruise. However, then I kept the cruise off and brought it up to 85 mph and it did it again. But then I kept it at 70 mph and it switched itself again (no cruise on) to the defroster. So, it wasn't the speed. I'm wondering if it had to do with the elevation of me going through the mountains? I was up around 4,000 feet or so (varying elevations).

So, my question is, what is causing this and how do I fix it? What do I look at to replace to fix this? I know when I first turn on my A/C in the truck, that it does go to the defroster and after about 30 seconds, it will divert to the panel. This has happened since I bought the truck and it seemed normal because it happens every time, even if I don't use the A/C and just use "Panel". It doesn't seem to really happen to me around town (we live around 2,500 feet), but it has happened a couple of times as of late. But it happened every few minutes during the entire trip to San Diego this past week. This just started happening, so it isn't an ongoing problem.

Any ideas or help with this would be truly appreciated. I'm sure I'll post it up in the appropriate forum as well, but was wondering if anyone here had any ideas. My truck is an 03 F-150 XLT SuperCab Sportsman Series w/4.6L & a 5 spd manual trans.

Thanks!

Old 07-31-2011, 12:35 AM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
Thanks for the forecastBruce, and yes we do just go straight through Reno.Luckily all the rain has been west of us at home haha,Beautiful weekend up here so far.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:36 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Took my dog Romeo out for his final pee of the day. There was a bear a couple of houses down the street, a big one. Romeo goes charging down there to check it out. Usually when that happens the bear runs off of climbs the nearest tree. Not this one. The bear just stood there watching him approach. Romeo got fifteen feet from the bear and he put on the brakes. He got stopped maybe six feet from the bear who had not yet moved. Romeo starts barking, with that deep growl in his throat. He starts circling the bear who only moves enough to keep Romeo in view, back and forth........ Finally the bear stands up on his hind legs and that is when I realized just how big that sucker is. I'm yelling for Romeo to come back........ which he eventually did, much to my relief. That bear just stands looking at us, no doubt wondering what kind of dumb sob would be stupid enough to screw with him.........

Other than that, the afternoon thunder storms went well east of us. Just got a few big drops of rain.

My wife and I took Romeo to the beach, that was really enjoyable.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:41 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Originally Posted by racerchick21
Thanks for the forecastBruce, and yes we do just go straight through Reno.Luckily all the rain has been west of us at home haha,Beautiful weekend up here so far.

So you are up at Donner now?
Having a great time with the girls.......... (my favorite thing.)

Old 07-31-2011, 07:36 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Morning All!

Last day of the month, 5 days before the ATN's, and our dear mother earth is about to give birth to the 7 Billionth person soon!

Old 07-31-2011, 08:26 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Goodmorning all

Have a blessed Sunday!

Old 07-31-2011, 04:55 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Originally Posted by Bdox
Took my dog Romeo out for his final pee of the day. There was a bear a couple of houses down the street, a big one. Romeo goes charging down there to check it out. Usually when that happens the bear runs off of climbs the nearest tree. Not this one. The bear just stood there watching him approach. Romeo got fifteen feet from the bear and he put on the brakes. He got stopped maybe six feet from the bear who had not yet moved. Romeo starts barking, with that deep growl in his throat. He starts circling the bear who only moves enough to keep Romeo in view, back and forth........ Finally the bear stands up on his hind legs and that is when I realized just how big that sucker is. I'm yelling for Romeo to come back........ which he eventually did, much to my relief. That bear just stands looking at us, no doubt wondering what kind of dumb sob would be stupid enough to screw with him.........
Sweeeet!!!! Get any pics?

Old 07-31-2011, 05:24 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Naw, I never think of taking a camera when it's dark. Haha,

Quick Reply: July BS thread