2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift/Tire Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 02:02 AM
Wtfpwnt
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lift/Tire Help

Hey everyone. I've got a 2007 Lincoln Mark LT and I want that off road aggressive look. I want some mud grapplers that stick out from the fenders and look ready to just eat your *** up, and I want to lift it, but not sure what I should buy.

Would a 6" lift look good? If so, should it be all body, all suspension, or a bit of both? If a bit of both, how many inches of each? What brands? What am I expecting to pay?

Would 35" tires look good? Would they fit the stock 7 split spoke 20" wheels that I have now? (20x8.5) What exact size and brand should I get? Any idea of the prices? As you can see, I have a ton of questions and am open to all suggestions and HOPEFULLY pictures of what you suggest if there are any available so I can get an idea of what my truck will look like.

Thanks!

Old 07-01-2011, 03:13 AM
evilwayz7
Senior User
You can check out my garage I got a similar truck lifted and plenty of options.

Old 07-01-2011, 04:17 AM
Wtfpwnt
New User
Man, that is a great looking truck. I would not be displeased one bit if mine ended up looking like that.

How much did the two lifts cost?
How about the tires? Again, I'm going to see if I can find some nice M/Ts that will fit the stock 20s. So I imagine they might cost a little more on 20s instead of 18s, but still.

Thanks for posting though.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:02 AM
evilwayz7
Senior User
Thanks. The total lift cost was around $3300 including labor. The body lift was around $250 and suspension was around $2000. $1000 labor to install body lift and suspension lift. I got a smoking deal on rims and tires at $1200 for the set but the pro comp tires come in 20". They also have a M/T. I like the tires myself and they have lasted over 4 years. Not sure what your planning on spending but it was worth it for me.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Wtfpwnt
New User
I will have around 5-6k to spend, but would like to get it all done as cheap as possible. Where exactly did you buy the two lifts for that price? If you could direct me to the website/company, I'd appreciate it. I could get them ordered and then find a local shop that could install them for me.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cheap and lift are not something that go well together usually. While Evil went all out I would say to stay away from the body lift and just do the suspension. The 5-6K will be needed for the total lift cost plus the new tires and wheels. Mud Grapplers are a mean *** tire but unless you plan to do tons of off road driving I would recommend the Trail Grapplers. A hell of a tough tire but better for the road/off road person. I am going to install a Rough Country lift most likely next year on my truck. I talked with my local shop and they said it was a really quality lift and easy to install compared to some with less drilling and cutting then most. I am also going with only a 4" lift as a 6" would hurt some of the uses for my truck. But if you are looking for the 6" then check out Pro Comp and Fabtech lifts as they are some of the best and strongest on the market when it comes to 6" lifts.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
I would also recommend finding a local shop first rather then after ordering the kit. I also found out that I could get the kit from my local shop for the same price as buying it straight from the manufacturer and then got a break on their labor because they knew they had everything. Just a few more thoughts.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Wtfpwnt
New User
You said a 6" lift could also be detrimental... should I maybe stick with a 4 inch lift then? I don't want it to be too drastic, just noticeable and nice. Also, I figure a 4 inch lift might be a little cheaper.

Also, I was thinking about keeping the stock wheels and just getting some tires. I'm kind of fond of the wheels anyway, and that would also save me a good chunk.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:04 AM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Wtfpwnt
Also, I was thinking about keeping the stock wheels and just getting some tires. I'm kind of fond of the wheels anyway, and that would also save me a good chunk.
Why not go with a 2" level and run 275/65/20s on the stock wheels?
That 275/65/20 is round about 34.5" tall and stock width. It's a nice compromise between stock and a full blown lift, and it's considerably less expensive.
The 2" level is enough to notice the difference, run larger tires, but not look overly lifted.

Just my $.02

Old 07-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
If I said something about a 6" lift being detrimental then i misspoke. Evil went with a Suspension lift and a body lift and that is just something i recommend staying away from. The suspension part is fine but of the people I know personally and talking with the guys at my local 4 wheel shop they don't recommend the body lift. I am by no means an expert though this is just my opinion based on information from others.

I use the bed of my truck every single day for tools, material, and whatever else I throw back there so the 6" lift would just make it that much harder to get in the bed when I need too. I am going with a 4" because it gives a nice lift to the truck and allows me to put the tires on I want with no trouble and doesn't make it much different then I have it now.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
If you poke through my garage you will find I have a 3" leveling kit with a 1" rear block and I am currently running 33". I could have gone to 35" if I wanted to but made a mistake at the time of purchase.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:47 PM
Wtfpwnt
New User
I was talking to a buddy today that has the F250 King Ranch diesel and he has a lift and tires and all, and he said he knew a guy that had a truck like mine that simply went with some 33x12.5x20 tires on some 20x10 rims. I don't think that'd look bad with a level kit for the front. I'd probably go with some KMC Monsters or something, with the Nitto Mud Grapplers. I really don't put a lot of miles on my truck so they'd last me a while and even if they did wear out, I'll just buy more later on. So tell me what you think about that idea.

The reason I might pass on the lift kit right now is cuz I found a 2006 Yamaha Raptor I really want, lol. But, doing the lift later is still always an option so I'm all ears. Thanks for the input guys.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:27 AM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Start small...always easier to go big later on.

I think a level and some 33-35" tires would look nice. You have the Mark LT after all, it's got a bit of "class" already, so going huge might make it look like every other F150 out there.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:34 AM
Wtfpwnt
New User
That's kind of what I was thinking. But I hate the idea of having a truck that no one else has, and then seeing 3 others in my own town.. (lol) so I was wanting to do something *different* to stand out, ya know.. but you're right. There are a lot of F150s with that body style that are jacked up like we are talking about.

So I guess just some mud tires on some rims with a level would be a nice choice, at least for starting out like you said. Now, to see if I can find some for a decent price. Haha. Thanks everyone.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:51 AM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Check out AutoSpring on ebay. Lots of guys here have their spacers. Pretty hard to beat the price.
HellBentSteel is another inexpensive option.

Or for more money, try ReadyLift or Bilstein 5100s Leveling strut

Quick Reply: Lift/Tire Help