R1_Demon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Miss Donna. Much appreciated.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:50 PM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
Happy Wednesday! We're heading out to the lake this afternoon despite the wind, if you wait for perfect weather around here you'll never get anywhere lol. On the up side, it's blowing away the cotton (I hope!).

Sorry to hear about your accident Matt, one of the reasons I don't do much street riding. Hope everything works out OK for you!

Bruce, aren't you supposed to get some snow out of this too?

Old 05-26-2011, 12:14 AM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by R1_Demon
Craig - I too have found that dirt bike experience has helped me with road experience a time or two. Good to hear it worked out for you. Definitely watch out for all the frickin' nutballs around here. I rode for tens of thousands of miles in CA without a hitch and go figure I get a hit and run here in Las Vegas.

People here just cannot drive and/or don't care. I've lived in and have driven in most every part of the country and this is the worst state/area for drivers anywhere that I have been. That is also why insurance is so darn high here as well.

Be careful out there on that SV. Nice bike BTW.
Matt,

In the last several years the worst of drivers anywhere are in Nevada. Reno is worse than Las Vegas. Just not as many nuts.
I ride every day here & it is very seldom I ever have an issues with drivers of cars. In fact I have ridden in several areas in Arizona & Southern California without issues. They run ads in Arizona warning people to watch for motorcycles. Most of the accidents here that turn bad are from riders not wearing helmets. Arizona does not require helmets. But I wear one law or no law.
Hit & Run no less, that is about right in Nevada also. I use to hear of that a lot when I lived there.
Anyway glad your OK. Sorry again about the way life is for you right now. Sometimes it seems like if I had any luck at all it would be bad. But things will turn around keep the faith. God works in ways that I sure don't understand. Maybe one of these trips through Las Vegas we can get together even if for a few minutes. I travel through there about 8 times a year or more.
Craig

Old 05-26-2011, 12:32 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by racerchick21
Happy Wednesday! We're heading out to the lake this afternoon despite the wind, if you wait for perfect weather around here you'll never get anywhere lol. On the up side, it's blowing away the cotton (I hope!).

Sorry to hear about your accident Matt, one of the reasons I don't do much street riding. Hope everything works out OK for you!

Bruce, aren't you supposed to get some snow out of this too?

We got snow all right. And very high winds. A cousin from the east coast called and said he would be in Reno, so we drove up for a visit and dinner. The weather certainly made for an interesting drive. Luckily it was not so cold that the road could freeze or it might have been tragic.

Craig you are at it again, showing up here bitching about Nevada. If you must post derogatory stuff about Nevada please post it somewhere else. I'd like to be able to come here without the need to play defense. OK? Since you are so knowledgable about Nevada, you must know that half the accidents here are caused by transients.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:48 AM
jarod17
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good evening everyone.

Sorry to hear about your accident Matt. Keep a positive outlook on things and remember, when things start going real bad, something real good is coming.

When I was living is Vegas I rode my 18 speed all over. I went through on average about a helmet a week. Even had a cop try and tell me it was my fault that the other guy ran a red light and hit me. That one really made my day

Old 05-26-2011, 06:16 AM
scottzj
Hangin 10 bra
Good morning FTE!
We barely made it thru the storms and some serious knarly storms hit us.
Thursday is here and long weekend for some of us!
Have a great day and safe holiday weekend.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:21 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Morning Nevada!

Happy Thursday!

Old 05-26-2011, 07:25 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
One more day to a long weekend

Old 05-26-2011, 10:45 AM
scottzj
Hangin 10 bra
Originally Posted by 67 Olfthfl
As for the storms...I've been trying to get Scott to let me come out & help him in the rescue efforts, but.....
Well problem is, I highly doubt you would be going back to NV after you came here! HAHA

Old 05-26-2011, 02:44 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by R1_Demon
Thanks Miss Donna. Much appreciated.
Your Welcome!
Hey, do you have a rear window tint sticker thingy with skulls on it? I saw a truck that looked just like yours today & thought of you.

Old 05-26-2011, 02:55 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Good afternoon NV & friends
Have a great Thursday!

Old 05-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by IB Tim
One more day to a long weekend

Oh what the heck, everyone take the rest of the day off!

Old 05-27-2011, 06:45 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Morning Nevada!

Happy TGIF!

Old 05-27-2011, 10:32 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by Bdox
We got snow all right. And very high winds. A cousin from the east coast called and said he would be in Reno, so we drove up for a visit and dinner. The weather certainly made for an interesting drive. Luckily it was not so cold that the road could freeze or it might have been tragic.

Craig you are at it again, showing up here bitching about Nevada. If you must post derogatory stuff about Nevada please post it somewhere else. I'd like to be able to come here without the need to play defense. OK? Since you are so knowledgable about Nevada, you must know that half the accidents here are caused by transients.

Wow...take it easy guys! I'll play defense this once.... I understand not everyone is from Nevada on our board, but Craig does in fact own property in Nevada, although he lives in Arizona. So like all Nevadans (or anyone, anywhere else), we all have to deal with tourists & looky-lues & many of them do cause accidents.

Since we're bitching about Nevada, I guess I'll put my 2 cents in too...
I HATE THIS FREAKEN HELL HOLE - NEVADA!!!
I can't wait until my kids are 18 so I can move (divorce decree clause).
There's nothing really for kids to do anymore here.(ice/roller skating, adventure parks, movies (are outragous),, & the cops stopped the kids from cruising the streets & hanging out in parking lots years ago. So, now we have kids that are cutting/dropping out of school, going out hard core partying at 10+ y/o (they shouldn't even know what a beer bong, pot or meth pipe looks like), getting pregnant at 12+ & actually having the baby (so the parents can help raise it?) Then the cops bust them, put them in jail/probation to collect $$$$.
Nevada is about $$$$!!!!
It's either SEX, alcohol/DRUGS, & GAMBLING!!!!
OK, I'm done complaining. Thanks for reading...

Old 05-27-2011, 10:35 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

ok...let's start over - Goodmorning NV & friends

TGIF! Now let's go enjoy our weekend!

Quick Reply: May BS Thread