1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Another srp1 hpop failure

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 11:06 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by deadsenator
This would be a new SRP1 for $500. No core.

Is the T500 for a 97 still a 15° swashplate? Prolly need to read more....
15's are upgraded to 17.
Flow mods
and other stuff.

$349 and comes with Hpop gasket to replace your old one.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:25 PM
ryhed
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F.U. srp1

Wow, I should have kept up with this thread, due to workin in 4 states this year already I didn't. Well here is an update, Truck died again back in november. Went home for the holidays, came back in march to retrieve it, It was stolen. Cops found it untouched, probably cause they thought it had a blown motor, took it to ford and GUESS WHAT???? HPOP failure again. Seems there has been a stop in production of these pumps back in lets say august 2011. Called gary, emailed gary, no response, that was 6 months ago he still has not found the time to reply. Too bad for him I live in missouri, when i'm home, i may just stop by and toss this pos through his window. I would never buy another one, EVER. I'll also be placing him on the union do not participate list and if i keep one person from buying this headache, I have done my job. His poor design and good marketing has cost me $700 to have it installed, twice,plus another 1300 at ford to tell me the same damn thing, AGAIN. I also bought another truck due to being stranded from this lemon part. If you wanna know my true feelings about this send me a p.m. i'll write you a novel.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:30 PM
ryhed
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update, update, Caryt, my vendor has taken care of me again. I know I vented earlier but he has eased my mind. I know I won't buy another srp1 again but if I don't want to pay for another one they will replace again, with an updated version. Seems like gary is out of his rut and answering phones and emails. To see the good in all of this, I now have a flawless, mint 03 with under 100k and i can now use big red as a toy or a beater. This is my p.m. to caryt that i'm making a public message:

Re: stealth hpop
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryhed
Well, I hate to keep coming back with problems, however the hpop took a dump again. Is there a problem with these pumps? This is the second one that has gone out. It died last november and i just took it to a ford stealership and they confirmed it. same problem as last time, metal shavings everywhere. I just dont understand it, i rarely get on it as it was my daily and i didn't want to break it but it did it again. I ended up buying a newer truck just so i could get home for the holidays.how do you want to handle the issue? I will never run another one of those hpop pumps again, as they are failure prone. my stock had 271k on it and i never had this issue. There is definatly a problem with the two pumps I had installed.

Caryt:
No problem Please call Gary at Stealth asap he can get you a new updated pump...or please get me your name..all my files are listed by name and I'll get it taken care of for you.

Cary

We developed the Reverse Shackle SD spring swaps for D60 '85-04 and D60 '05 up axle swap with suspension for the OBS.
We developed the B mod, Bilstein special valving, suspension and handling cures for the Excursions.

We know what it takes to make a OBS or SD ride fantastic!

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Hypermax H2e and H2e modded turbos!, D66 OBS turbos, Casserly- Full Force Diesel Injectors! Icon, RCD, Pure Performance, Bilstein, RS-SD kits for OBS trucks, BTS Trans, EDGE Products, Tunes by Tony Wildman , Stealth HPOP's, Tymar products, Hella lighting, Isspro guage kits, If I can help you with your truck please PM or Email me.

Cary
email: ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com
Website: Home introduction only, we want personal contact to insure you get what you need.