Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

power brake question

 
  #1  
Old 02-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Björn's Avatar
Björn
Björn is offline
Elder User
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 673
Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.
power brake question

  #2  
Old 02-26-2011, 05:20 PM
sdetweil's Avatar
sdetweil
sdetweil is offline
Post Fiend
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Pflugerville, tx
Posts: 11,596
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Björn View Post
it is a firewall mount kit,so yes,you can make it fit.

I have a slightly larger booster and sized master hanging on my firewall..

I don't know if that is the right bracket however. the one I used bolted between the firewall and the dash to provide some additional firewall stability (as it will flex when you step on the brake otherwise)

Sam
 
  #3  
Old 02-26-2011, 05:20 PM
teardropty's Avatar
teardropty
teardropty is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kalamazoo MI
Posts: 1,057
teardropty has a very good reputation on FTE.teardropty has a very good reputation on FTE.teardropty has a very good reputation on FTE.teardropty has a very good reputation on FTE.
Email the seller directly. I have dealt with him on a lot of brake setups and he is great about tech support and knowing what is what. If he says it will work, it will work. Good luck.
 
  #4  
Old 02-26-2011, 05:29 PM
Björn's Avatar
Björn
Björn is offline
Elder User
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 673
Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by sdetweil View Post
it is a firewall mount kit,so yes,you can make it fit.

I have a slightly larger booster and sized master hanging on my firewall..

I don't know if that is the right bracket however. the one I used bolted between the firewall and the dash to provide some additional firewall stability (as it will flex when you step on the brake otherwise)

Sam

Do you have a picture of the booster on the firewall Sam
 
  #5  
Old 02-26-2011, 05:47 PM
ibuzzard's Avatar
ibuzzard
ibuzzard is online now
Gone But Not Forgotten
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Boulder Creek, Ca.
Posts: 2,675
ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.
Bjorn,that unit is what I have sitting on a shelf,for a future project.It uses a smaller vacuum unit and is designed, along with the extending bracket ,for trucks that have the firewall mounted brake and clutch master cylinders.The bracket/smaller booster are necessary because of how close the clutch and brake master cylinders are.And teardropty is right,that guy,IrishDave is great to work with.Contact him with your exact info,and he'll sell you just what you need.
 
  #6  
Old 02-26-2011, 05:48 PM
sdetweil's Avatar
sdetweil
sdetweil is offline
Post Fiend
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Pflugerville, tx
Posts: 11,596
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Björn View Post
Do you have a picture of the booster on the firewall Sam
there is a section in my gallery on installing the fw mount booster and hanging pedals..

and here is a recent pic, best I have at the moment..
sorry for the sunlight

Sam
 
Attached Images  
  #7  
Old 02-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Björn's Avatar
Björn
Björn is offline
Elder User
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 673
Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by ibuzzard View Post
Bjorn,that unit is what I have sitting on a shelf,for a future project.It uses a smaller vacuum unit and is designed, along with the extending bracket ,for trucks that have the firewall mounted brake and clutch master cylinders.The bracket/smaller booster are necessary because of how close the clutch and brake master cylinders are.And teardropty is right,that guy,IrishDave is great to work with.Contact him with your exact info,and he'll sell you just what you need.
Oke thanks for the info

Originally Posted by sdetweil View Post
there is a section in my gallery on installing the fw mount booster and hanging pedals..

and here is a recent pic, best I have at the moment..
sorry for the sunlight

Sam
Sam where did you buy it
 
  #8  
Old 02-26-2011, 06:20 PM
sdetweil's Avatar
sdetweil
sdetweil is offline
Post Fiend
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Pflugerville, tx
Posts: 11,596
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
the hanging pedal arm, and booster were bought separately from ebay.
the master is the new chrome MCP booster from classic performance products

I like this master cylinder cause it has a built-in adjustable proportioning valve, and a brake light switch port too.

Sam
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
dsrtjeeper
1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
18
11-04-2013 01:12 PM
hotfalcoon
1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
1
03-31-2012 03:00 PM
mainefrenchman
1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
35
02-16-2011 12:04 PM
richabilly
1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
5
12-15-2009 04:55 AM
Fomoko1
Manitoba / Saskatchewan Chapter
11
01-23-2007 07:50 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: power brake question


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.