Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

power brake question

Old 02-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Björn
Elder User
Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.
power brake question

Old 02-26-2011, 05:20 PM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Björn View Post
it is a firewall mount kit,so yes,you can make it fit.

I have a slightly larger booster and sized master hanging on my firewall..

I don't know if that is the right bracket however. the one I used bolted between the firewall and the dash to provide some additional firewall stability (as it will flex when you step on the brake otherwise)

Sam

Old 02-26-2011, 05:20 PM
teardropty
Posting Guru
teardropty has a very good reputation on FTE.teardropty has a very good reputation on FTE.teardropty has a very good reputation on FTE.teardropty has a very good reputation on FTE.
Email the seller directly. I have dealt with him on a lot of brake setups and he is great about tech support and knowing what is what. If he says it will work, it will work. Good luck.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:29 PM
Björn
Elder User
Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by sdetweil View Post
it is a firewall mount kit,so yes,you can make it fit.

I have a slightly larger booster and sized master hanging on my firewall..

I don't know if that is the right bracket however. the one I used bolted between the firewall and the dash to provide some additional firewall stability (as it will flex when you step on the brake otherwise)

Sam

Do you have a picture of the booster on the firewall Sam

Old 02-26-2011, 05:47 PM
ibuzzard
Gone But Not Forgotten
ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.
Bjorn,that unit is what I have sitting on a shelf,for a future project.It uses a smaller vacuum unit and is designed, along with the extending bracket ,for trucks that have the firewall mounted brake and clutch master cylinders.The bracket/smaller booster are necessary because of how close the clutch and brake master cylinders are.And teardropty is right,that guy,IrishDave is great to work with.Contact him with your exact info,and he'll sell you just what you need.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:48 PM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Björn View Post
Do you have a picture of the booster on the firewall Sam
there is a section in my gallery on installing the fw mount booster and hanging pedals..

and here is a recent pic, best I have at the moment..
sorry for the sunlight

Sam

Attached Images  
Old 02-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Björn
Elder User
Originally Posted by ibuzzard View Post
Bjorn,that unit is what I have sitting on a shelf,for a future project.It uses a smaller vacuum unit and is designed, along with the extending bracket ,for trucks that have the firewall mounted brake and clutch master cylinders.The bracket/smaller booster are necessary because of how close the clutch and brake master cylinders are.And teardropty is right,that guy,IrishDave is great to work with.Contact him with your exact info,and he'll sell you just what you need.
Oke thanks for the info

Originally Posted by sdetweil View Post
there is a section in my gallery on installing the fw mount booster and hanging pedals..

and here is a recent pic, best I have at the moment..
sorry for the sunlight

Sam
Sam where did you buy it

Old 02-26-2011, 06:20 PM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
the hanging pedal arm, and booster were bought separately from ebay.
the master is the new chrome MCP booster from classic performance products

I like this master cylinder cause it has a built-in adjustable proportioning valve, and a brake light switch port too.

Sam