Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   power brake question (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1044295-power-brake-question.html)

Björn 02-26-2011 01:29 PM

power brake question

Can you fit this set in a ford f100 1956
Someone has ever done that Power brakes FORD TRUCK 1957-1972, F-100, F-250 CHROME - eBay (item 330533709333 end time Feb-28-11 08:44:25 PST)

sdetweil 02-26-2011 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Björn (Post 10022077)

it is a firewall mount kit,so yes,you can make it fit.

I have a slightly larger booster and sized master hanging on my firewall..

I don't know if that is the right bracket however. the one I used bolted between the firewall and the dash to provide some additional firewall stability (as it will flex when you step on the brake otherwise)

Sam

teardropty 02-26-2011 05:20 PM

Email the seller directly. I have dealt with him on a lot of brake setups and he is great about tech support and knowing what is what. If he says it will work, it will work. Good luck.

Björn 02-26-2011 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by sdetweil (Post 10022753)
it is a firewall mount kit,so yes,you can make it fit.

I have a slightly larger booster and sized master hanging on my firewall..

I don't know if that is the right bracket however. the one I used bolted between the firewall and the dash to provide some additional firewall stability (as it will flex when you step on the brake otherwise)

Sam

Do you have a picture of the booster on the firewall Sam

ibuzzard 02-26-2011 05:47 PM

Bjorn,that unit is what I have sitting on a shelf,for a future project.It uses a smaller vacuum unit and is designed, along with the extending bracket ,for trucks that have the firewall mounted brake and clutch master cylinders.The bracket/smaller booster are necessary because of how close the clutch and brake master cylinders are.And teardropty is right,that guy,IrishDave is great to work with.Contact him with your exact info,and he'll sell you just what you need.

sdetweil 02-26-2011 05:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Björn (Post 10022791)
Do you have a picture of the booster on the firewall Sam

there is a section in my gallery on installing the fw mount booster and hanging pedals..

and here is a recent pic, best I have at the moment..
sorry for the sunlight

Sam

Björn 02-26-2011 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by ibuzzard (Post 10022871)
Bjorn,that unit is what I have sitting on a shelf,for a future project.It uses a smaller vacuum unit and is designed, along with the extending bracket ,for trucks that have the firewall mounted brake and clutch master cylinders.The bracket/smaller booster are necessary because of how close the clutch and brake master cylinders are.And teardropty is right,that guy,IrishDave is great to work with.Contact him with your exact info,and he'll sell you just what you need.

Oke thanks for the info

Originally Posted by sdetweil (Post 10022873)
there is a section in my gallery on installing the fw mount booster and hanging pedals..

and here is a recent pic, best I have at the moment..
sorry for the sunlight

Sam

Sam where did you buy it

sdetweil 02-26-2011 06:20 PM

the hanging pedal arm, and booster were bought separately from ebay.
the master is the new chrome MCP booster from classic performance products

I like this master cylinder cause it has a built-in adjustable proportioning valve, and a brake light switch port too.

Sam