My truck has a turbo now!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 10:27 PM
22rimfire
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My truck has a turbo now!

Because I uh, bought a Powerstroke F350

I know I don't post here real often, but I'm here reading a lot. I really have loved my 6.2, and it has done everything I've asked it to do very well. I plan on getting a fifth wheel in the next few years though, and I guess I just had the diesel bug so.......

After much deliberation, I decided to to trade in my not yet two year old F250 gas for the Powerstroke. Just couldn't help myself. The incentives are good right now and most importantly, the DW gave her blessing!

I didn't order it, but gave the dealer the specs on what I wanted and they found one for me at another dealer and brought it in. It really only lacked one option I wanted, and that was the rear view camera. Would have made hitching up the TT much easier, but it will be incentive to get the fiver sooner Going from a 250 gas to the 350 diesel I only gained approx 400 lbs of payload. Those diesel engines are heavy I guess. Only have 40 miles on it so far and It's definitely a stiffer ride empty. Love the sound of the diesel, but wish I could hear the turbo more, like my friends Dodge. Came down a steep hill on the way home and tried Ford's new EB, and although I wasn't towing, it worked nicely.

This is my first diesel, and I've much to learn, and as time goes along I'll have questions, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. Can't wait to put enough miles on to tow the TT! Here are the details and required pics-

2015 F350 6.7 4X4 XLT CC LB
Preferred equipment pkg 613A
6.7 Powerstroke diesel
6-speed trans
Exterior- Blue Jeans Metallic (Same color as my old truck)
Interior- Steel cloth
3:55 E-lock rear axle
Chrome Pkg
XLT Premium Pkg;
LT275/65R18E BSW Al Season
chrome Angular steps 6"
Fog Lamps
LCD Productivity screen
Advanced security group
Adjustable Pedals
Chrome Clad 18" Wheels
reverse sensor
6-way power drivers seat
11300# GVWR Pkg
Shift on the fly
Sirius radio
Engine block heater
Camper Pkg
Power telescoping/folding mirrors
Upfitter switches
Heavy duty Alternator
tailgate step
Cloth 40/console/40 front seat
Body side moldings

Plus all the standard stuff

Here she is

Old 04-12-2015, 09:59 AM
jimd1050
Worry later? IT IS LATER!
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 22rimfire
Because I uh, bought a Powerstroke F350

I know I don't post here real often, but I'm here reading a lot. I really have loved my 6.2, and it has done everything I've asked it to do very well. I plan on getting a fifth wheel in the next few years though, and I guess I just had the diesel bug so.......

After much deliberation, I decided to to trade in my not yet two year old F250 gas for the Powerstroke. Just couldn't help myself. The incentives are good right now and most importantly, the DW gave her blessing!

I didn't order it, but gave the dealer the specs on what I wanted and they found one for me at another dealer and brought it in. It really only lacked one option I wanted, and that was the rear view camera. Would have made hitching up the TT much easier, but it will be incentive to get the fiver sooner Going from a 250 gas to the 350 diesel I only gained approx 400 lbs of payload. Those diesel engines are heavy I guess. Only have 40 miles on it so far and It's definitely a stiffer ride empty. Love the sound of the diesel, but wish I could hear the turbo more, like my friends Dodge. Came down a steep hill on the way home and tried Ford's new EB, and although I wasn't towing, it worked nicely.

This is my first diesel, and I've much to learn, and as time goes along I'll have questions, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. Can't wait to put enough miles on to tow the TT!
Really nice looking truck... good luck with the diesel!

I hope they changed the "Diesel Particulate Filter Cleaning" timing since the 6.4l Powerstroke. I know they went to Urea instead of fuel as a cleaning agent. I just traded my 2008 6.4 for a 2015 6.2 last October because of the Maintenance Requirements on the diesel. I couldn't handle it anymore! It seemed that the "Cleaning Particulate Filter: message would pop up either, as I was just getting to work or just getting home. I'd either have to go out and drive another 10 or 12 miles to let it finish, or shut it off and wait for it to give me the "Drive to Clean Exhaust Filter" message. If I didn't drive the extra miles often enough, it would go into "Limp Mode" until I got it fixed! I don't know about you but I don't like a vehicle telling me when and how long I have to drive it!!! Again, couldn't deal with it anymore. I carry a 3100 lb Eagle Cap Truck Camper and the 6.3 works just fine... plus gasoline is a lot cheaper! Just a different opinion on the subject...

Old 04-12-2015, 11:50 AM
T diesel
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Beautiful truck!
What's the payload?

Old 04-12-2015, 02:54 PM
22rimfire
Senior User
Originally Posted by T diesel
Beautiful truck!
What's the payload?
Thanks. 3267 lbs

Old 04-12-2015, 03:52 PM
clintbonnie
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
[QUOTE=22rimfire;15262224]Because I uh, bought a Powerstroke F350

I didn't order it, but gave the dealer the specs on what I wanted and they found one for me at another dealer and brought it in. It really only lacked one option I wanted, and that was the rear view camera. Would have made hitching up the TT much easier, but it will be incentive to get the fiver sooner.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I ordered my F350, I did not get the factory rear view camera.. but I just installed one that I got from Amazon.. Nice camera/monitor for the money.. works great..made by Pyle.. After you get your 5er, you could remount the camera to view your 5er hitch. see:
Amazon.com : Pyle PLCM31 Vehicle Front View & Backup Camera Monitor Kit, Window Suction Mount 3.5'' Display Monitor, Waterproof, Night Vision Cam : Vehicle Backup Cameras : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Pyle PLCM31 Vehicle Front View & Backup Camera Monitor Kit, Window Suction Mount 3.5'' Display Monitor, Waterproof, Night Vision Cam : Vehicle Backup Cameras : Car Electronics

Old 04-12-2015, 06:02 PM
22rimfire
Senior User
^^^
Thank you much! That looks good and not a bad price.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:49 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 300 Likes on 157 Posts
Nice truck

Old 04-12-2015, 08:01 PM
Super Duty DJ
More Turbo
Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts
Good looking truck.

Old 04-13-2015, 04:53 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,667 Likes on 1,656 Posts
Originally Posted by jimd1050
Really nice looking truck... good luck with the diesel!

I hope they changed the "Diesel Particulate Filter Cleaning" timing since the 6.4l Powerstroke. I know they went to Urea instead of fuel as a cleaning agent. I just traded my 2008 6.4 for a 2015 6.2 last October because of the Maintenance Requirements on the diesel. I couldn't handle it anymore! It seemed that the "Cleaning Particulate Filter: message would pop up either, as I was just getting to work or just getting home. I'd either have to go out and drive another 10 or 12 miles to let it finish, or shut it off and wait for it to give me the "Drive to Clean Exhaust Filter" message. If I didn't drive the extra miles often enough, it would go into "Limp Mode" until I got it fixed! I don't know about you but I don't like a vehicle telling me when and how long I have to drive it!!! Again, couldn't deal with it anymore. I carry a 3100 lb Eagle Cap Truck Camper and the 6.3 works just fine... plus gasoline is a lot cheaper! Just a different opinion on tqhe subject...
Just FYI....the 6.7 is a totally different animal, when it goes in to active regen(cleaning exhaust filter) mode, you just drive normally...shut it down where you are, and it picks up where it left off and you just drive away.
And 22......you have a very nice truck

Old 04-14-2015, 09:00 AM
22rimfire
Senior User
Originally Posted by 99150
Just FYI....the 6.7 is a totally different animal, when it goes in to active regen(cleaning exhaust filter) mode, you just drive normally...shut it down where you are, and it picks up where it left off and you just drive away.
And 22......you have a very nice truck
That's good to know 99150, thanks. That was one of my first questions about this truck, was what to do if I arrived at my destination just before, or during a regen.