1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

OT- next snowstorm

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 10:46 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 764 Likes on 374 Posts
Well, we had a 12 inch main break below our house in the middle of the night. It was siphoning the water out of our hot water heater. Just took the guys some coffee. They have it fixed and will be turning the valves on shortly. Just in time for the bad weather to hit.
So we are on a boil order until further notice...shoot they may not be able to get up the hill to our house to tell us the boil order is off...

Old 01-31-2011, 04:26 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
personally i don't give a crap what ma nature is / was / or will do , as geuss what the world don't stop and my job definetley doesn't and i like to pay my bills so ..... every one here is crying like the world is gonna end in central illinois , and flooding the dain stores and fuel stations ............. sheezuz people it's freakin' winter time and geuss what .... chIT HAPPENS !!!!!!!!!!!!! please give up whining that the sky is falling , learn to drive in it or get outta my way and stop telling me about it as i don't care . my world and life goes on despite the weather of the season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND YES I AM CRANKY ABOUT IT AS I'M TIRED OF ALL THE BULL ABOUT SOMETHING THAT HAPPENS EVERY DA*& YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-31-2011, 04:46 PM
thundersnow70
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
i can tell ya what we call it in South Dakota...........monday,tuesday,etc...

Old 01-31-2011, 04:49 PM
My Ford Truck
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 55 f350
personally i don't give a crap what ma nature is / was / or will do , as geuss what the world don't stop and my job definetley doesn't and i like to pay my bills so ..... every one here is crying like the world is gonna end in central illinois , and flooding the dain stores and fuel stations ............. sheezuz people it's freakin' winter time and geuss what .... chIT HAPPENS !!!!!!!!!!!!! please give up whining that the sky is falling , learn to drive in it or get outta my way and stop telling me about it as i don't care . my world and life goes on despite the weather of the season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND YES I AM CRANKY ABOUT IT AS I'M TIRED OF ALL THE BULL ABOUT SOMETHING THAT HAPPENS EVERY DA*& YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually this doesn't happen every year. We could now possibly see 2' of snow out of this system, something that has NEVER happened in these parts. I typically don't get excited when the NWS predicts snow because they are wrong SO often, but this one could be FUN!

I'm prepared:
Milk - check
Bread - check
BEER - check

Old 01-31-2011, 04:57 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 764 Likes on 374 Posts
As Randy Travis said "As long as old men sit and talk about the weather, as long as old women sit and talk about old men"
In Central Missouri, 10 inches comes once every 5 years or so...20" (doubt we will get that much.) very rare.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:04 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
I lived outside Chicago in '67 when the 18+ inches hit. Best sledding in years!

Seriously, it was cleared up in a day or two, for the most part. And back then we didn't get much in the way of a forecast, just "looks like snow coming".

Old 01-31-2011, 05:27 PM
Lance Hogan
More Turbo

I, like all the other folks here in Central Illinois, went to the store to stock up. I believe I have everything if it get bad. Nevertheless, tonight I am going to watch the video from the 2010 GSM F100 Run in hopes of remembering what warmer days feel like.

Stay Warm!

Lance

Old 01-31-2011, 05:39 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Lance, you and Kim better not let Andie get cold or hungry or you might have to answer to the BIG guy that thinks she is just soooooooo special so take good care of all but especially little Andie, Paw Paw Garry

Old 01-31-2011, 05:45 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Grizz, I found out the wrecker is in Ada and they are looking into flying into Dallas which I think is DUMB but they are paying the bills, seller says he might bring the truck to Dallas. By Thursday the weather should be over with and roads in good shape and I'd rather run 44 and 70 than run out of Dallas, Garry

Old 01-31-2011, 05:46 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Any time you all want more snow, just let me know, eh.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:57 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Thats OK Havi, You seem to be adapted very well to it but I don't think I could easily adapt, more power to you folks who can weather the extreme cold and snow, AT-A-BOY-HAVI-----------

Old 01-31-2011, 06:31 PM
B 3000
Junior User
1"-3" here but who cares

Old 01-31-2011, 06:43 PM
53pickemuptruck
Senior User
10 to 12 " here ,who knows where it'll stop.I came thru Macomb in a storm like this in the 70's it was a nightmare. One lane all the way from Galesburg. Got to bluffs and there was no tracks, thats when i got worried. Still waitin for a visit from ya Jeff. I'm going backwards instead of forward with my truck. How's yours comin along?

Old 01-31-2011, 08:02 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 55 f350
Kevin, eat two Chocolate Honey-mooners and call me in the morning! As long as Mel-o-cream is open, there's till hope! So, the mail still runs in the snow in Illinois? it doesn't in GA. Have fun in the white stuff!

Old 01-31-2011, 08:35 PM
Lance Hogan
More Turbo

Homade,

I plan on taking care of Andie and Kim because I don't want to make the Big guy upset. Matter of fact, I purchased a generator this morning (6:30am) frp, Home Depot that should run our entire home if we lose electricity. Further, I have plenty of gas, propane, and food. I hope we don't get hit hard, but I am preparing as if we will.

Lance

Quick Reply: OT- next snowstorm