Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   OT- next snowstorm (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1034960-ot-next-snowstorm.html)

My Ford Truck 01-30-2011 03:11 PM

OT- next snowstorm

http://wxcaster4.com/nam/CONUS1_ETA2...WFALL_72HR.gif

I'm in the 18-20" path. Where are you?

Been a long time, if ever, since we've seen that much snow at one time. I remember one back in the 60's that was big, but local weather is calling this one "potentially historical."

Wife's Jeep might get a workout!

BACAGrizz 01-30-2011 03:20 PM

We're supposed to be getting 3 to 6 inches of snow mixed with freezing rain here in OKC.

Harrier 01-30-2011 03:47 PM

REALLY!! If I can tell the colors correctly that puts me in the 18" to 20" band. Good thing I can telework. I'm not sure if my wife can handle that.
I don't know. I will wait until closer to the time before I get too wound up about this.
Part of me says, cool lots of snow; the other part says oh man! lots of snow.

kenjh 01-30-2011 04:17 PM

plus 40 out side...trying to tighten up the generator belt...play in the snow for me !!!! remember when it was a fun thing!!

My Ford Truck 01-30-2011 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Harrier (Post 9898457)
REALLY!! If I can tell the colors correctly that puts me in the 18" to 20" band. Good thing I can telework. I'm not sure if my wife can handle that.
I don't know. I will wait until closer to the time before I get too wound up about this.
Part of me says, cool lots of snow; the other part says oh man! lots of snow.

Yes, you look to be in the big band too. I don't typically get worried about storm predictions two days out unless my buddy get worked up.

He is.

truckdog62563 01-30-2011 05:52 PM

I'll take your snow if you take our ice. Stu

carnut122 01-30-2011 06:23 PM

In the 60's here today. I put new tires on the motorcycle, but didn't finish up in time to ride today. Maybe I missed my chance? I'd poke fun at you guys, but that's a sure way to get hit with the snow. When I lived in Illinois in the early 80's we had 2 feet on the ground within 24 hours. I don't miss that!

homade 01-30-2011 06:29 PM

Hey Grizz, when is the bad weather supposed to hit okc, I've gotta fly into okc probably Thursday to pick up a 45 ton wrecker to bring back to ky. and was just wondering, Garry

BACAGrizz 01-30-2011 06:39 PM

Garry,

From what I've seen it's supposed to be here Monday night/Tuesday morning.

Should be done snowing by Wednesday morning and getting sunny and cold (if you think 28°F. is cold) Thursday with temps climbing to the 40's for Friday.

What time do you arrive?

My Ford Truck 01-30-2011 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by truckdog62563 (Post 9898948)
I'll take your snow if you take our ice. Stu

No thanks!!! I still have vivid memories of the ice storm two winters ago. 30 hours without power, tree limbs down everywhere including through the back window of my car, and a couple days of work cleaning our yard. And we didn't have it as bad as some areas of the country.

Harrier 01-30-2011 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by My Ford Truck (Post 9899574)
No thanks!!! I still have vivid memories of the ice storm two winters ago. 30 hours without power, tree limbs down everywhere including through the back window of my car, and a couple days of work cleaning our yard. And we didn't have it as bad as some areas of the country.

My parents live just a little north of Springfield MO and were without power for 11 days I believe. They live out in the country and were very low on the repair list. There was no kerosene in town, so I met them halfway in Camdenton with 10 gallons. They would go into the senior center to shower. I believe they would heat soup on the kerosene heater.

truckdog62563 01-31-2011 06:21 AM

That weekend I'd agreed to haul my trailer to the Georgia/Florida state line to pick a truck for a friend. Knew the storm was coming, but had no clue it'd be that bad. Locked in the hubs around Mt. Vernon, Il, and from there to Nashville, TN, it was 20 mph with trees falling all along the interstate. And in some areas on the interstate. Got the truck picked up and decided to head back up I-55 instead of going the way I came. Just as bad along there, and darn near ran out of gas in the process. Did find one gas station operating on a generator. I think I had somebody besides the dog riding with me. I'll take snow any day. Stu

51PanelMan 01-31-2011 09:04 AM

And that's why I live in California and would never leave. :)

homade 01-31-2011 09:38 AM

Grizz, I don't really know yet, my little sis is setting this up as I am coming out to pick up a 45 ton wrecker they bought, somewhere just south of OKC,I'll let you know later, maybe meet somewhere for a bite to eat or something but it's hard telling what time I'll even be there, Garry-----PM ME A CELL # AND MAYBE WE CAN GET TOGETHER.

BACAGrizz 01-31-2011 10:12 AM

Sent a PM.