1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Advertising SPAM in the Private Mail

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 08:54 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bets anyone ???

I'm thinking he will be back inside a month in some reincarnation or another. Let's start a watch and the first person who finds him wins a prize of some kind. We could also start a pool and the winner picks the day and gender of his appearance. He's got a tough one this time. He will either have to get another truck or kill Julie for it. Otherwise it's not all that hard to do. You get a different IP account in another name and a different computer to sign up on the FTE. I thinking it could be easily done from an Internet Caffe or any number of free access points.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:13 AM
BACAGrizz
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Next incarnation or iteration.

Who knows. Maybe, just maybe, Dan/Julie has been reading this, done some self evaluation, and has come to the realization that:

· People can have different ideas and that no one person has all the answers
· There are different ways to do things.
· No single way is right or wrong.
· People can disagree without having to be called a moron or idiot or suffer verbal abuse of any kind.

And maybe, just maybe, there will be peace in the middle east in our lifetime!

I for one certainly hope so.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:19 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,122 Likes on 821 Posts
Here's another change in direction:

When I get email notices of a new post to this thread and click on the link to the email, which has "goto=newpost" at the end of the link, I am taken to a post 2-3 pages before the last page. I can understand if I don't check my email for a while because there are many updated posts in a short period of time in this thread but it happen right after I post and someone posts within a minute or two of my post. Could it be that there are so many posts that it kind of screws up the system? Anyone else have this problem?

Old 12-30-2010, 09:21 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 786 Likes on 385 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveBricks
Tens of thousands of posts in some of the off-topic threads.
Man that's a lot of posts for a thread.
Good thing we are staying on topic in this thread.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:24 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,122 Likes on 821 Posts
It just happened again.

Just wanted to pad the count some more

Old 12-30-2010, 09:31 AM
jim collins
Cargo Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
It just happened again.

Just wanted to pad the count some more

Never happens in mine, but then i have a block on a lot of things comming in to my e-mail. One more for me . L.O.L.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:37 AM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 121 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by jmadsen
Speaking of Trains and Trucks!
I think someone on here posted this picture a while back, it's been the desktop/screensaver on my wifes computer for a long time.

Does anyone know where this truck is? I think it's a Merc truck and still has the Mercury Radio Delete plate attached...
Let me at it !! I'll bet Ilya's rear bumper I could find some good salvageable parts on it .Defrost ducts $30 and many small fasteners and brackets.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:15 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
Here's another change in direction:

When I get email notices of a new post to this thread and click on the link to the email, which has "goto=newpost" at the end of the link, I am taken to a post 2-3 pages before the last page. I can understand if I don't check my email for a while because there are many updated posts in a short period of time in this thread but it happen right after I post and someone posts within a minute or two of my post. Could it be that there are so many posts that it kind of screws up the system? Anyone else have this problem?
Yeah, I have that too. I just keep the thread up in the background and when I get e-mail notices I just pull up the thread and press "Ctrl-R" which refreshes the page. For most people F5 will work but I have special keyboard software that uses that for something else. "VIEW/Refresh" will also work. I suspect that we may be loading up our browser history and causing some problem there. I hesitate to clean out the browser history but I may try it to see if that fixes the problem. Since everybody does not have the problem I am thinking it could well be a user end issue.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:23 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 618 Likes on 383 Posts
Cleaning out your "cache" would do it, not History. If you go to thread xxx=newpost once, it saves that in the cache and is likely to pull it up if you go to it again. Since it is going to "newpost" in both cases it can't tell the difference.

Not the facts, just my opinion, of course.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:25 AM
BACAGrizz
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I have noticed that I get the update notice for the last post after my post and the newer ones usually don't send an e-mail for each.

Here is where it gets weird. Sometimes they do and I will get an individual e-mail for each post in the thread since the last time I saw it.

There seems to be no pattern to the actions. Occasionally the thread notifications show up (ironically enough) in my SPAM box.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:41 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Maybe this thread is just too much for the FTE servers to handle and they will explode and scatter the Teehees across globe.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:44 AM
My Ford Truck
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My guess is Sandidandejulie has been stalking this thread, checking it twice. Gonna find out who is naughty and nice...

Old 12-30-2010, 10:54 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by My Ford Truck
My guess is Sandidandejulie has been stalking this thread, checking it twice. Gonna find out who is naughty and nice...
Put me down for naughty.

Quippe me aliquis errare ille qui curat ...

Old 12-30-2010, 11:20 AM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by firstrider
Let me at it !! I'll bet Ilya's rear bumper I could find some good salvageable parts on it .Defrost ducts $30 and many small fasteners and brackets.
Don't forget to get the core support springs and bolts. I remember that someone was looking for them some time ago.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:38 AM
edzakory
Elder User
Originally Posted by 51PanelMan
I hope I don't sit in front the computer all day, pretend that I'm a woman and post TEE HEE messages when I'm retired.
Damn, I guess I'm on to Plan B!

Quick Reply: Advertising SPAM in the Private Mail