1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Advertising SPAM in the Private Mail

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 11:40 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dave
Start watching? - Where have you been?
Dan can't change his grammer/style/ego.
He did post on your forum - read the few words - It's the same on all the forums he posted on including the Navy ones.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:43 AM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Received 2,469 Likes on 1,408 Posts
Originally Posted by jmadsen
I think it's a Merc truck and still has the Mercury Radio Delete plate attached...

OOOH! OOOH! OOOH!

Old 12-30-2010, 11:45 AM
HD74
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After reading more than 16 pages of this thead I'm happy to see this crap come to head and I know It's been a while since I've posted. The absence was for the most part because of Jul-he. In the beginning I found Jul-he to be quite helpful and she-he even sent me parts I needed for my build and wouldn't take any payment and even paid the shipping. I'm still very grateful for that and all the help but, after awhile I began to wonder am I dealing with a man or a woman. It's my nature to give the benefit of the doubt until I see proof otherwise and so it reared it's ugly head in the form of deceit. The thing I value more than any other thing is a man/womans word. Jul-he your a freak and the sader part of this whole thing we've lost all the great info you had posted because of your dishonesty. Jul-he I think you should bend over and take it like a man!

Old 12-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Cooter55
Senior User
Quick...without looking...can anyone remember what was being sold in the PM Spam?

How's that for bringing it back on topic?

ps. There is no prize for the right answer, just an attaboy/girl for a good memory

Old 12-30-2010, 11:55 AM
BACAGrizz
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Was it pickup bed covers?

Old 12-30-2010, 12:55 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Cooter55
Quick...without looking...can anyone remember what was being sold in the PM Spam?

How's that for bringing it back on topic?

ps. There is no prize for the right answer, just an attaboy/girl for a good memory

Was it a leather bra for an F150 ????

Old 12-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I never even read it,,, Just hit DELETE!!!!

Old 12-30-2010, 01:01 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,200 Likes on 2,691 Posts
Originally Posted by jmadsen
Was it a leather bra for an F150 ????
No, it was a leather bra for Julie. That's what got him so riled up,lol. But the pm I got was for tonneau covers.

Old 12-30-2010, 01:02 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,942 Likes on 1,879 Posts
Originally Posted by BACAGrizz
Who knows. Maybe, just maybe, Dan/Julie has been reading this, done some self evaluation, and has come to the realization that:

· People can have different ideas and that no one person has all the answers
· There are different ways to do things.
· No single way is right or wrong.
· People can disagree without having to be called a moron or idiot or suffer verbal abuse of any kind.

And maybe, just maybe, there will be peace in the middle east in our lifetime!

I for one certainly hope so.
At first I was convinced that if Dan showed back up on the board and made and honest apology with an explanation that the group would snicker and tease a bit and then it would blow over. After all is said and done this is a place for truck enthusiasts, and despite our other interests and quirks we are here to talk, show off, imagine, dream, debate, and otherwise play withour trucks.

Now I'm not so sure. After reading through this thread and hearing about all the people that "she" publicly belittled and all the people that "she" ranted on and attacked through PM's I think a lot of folks are going to hold a grudge for awhile.

There is no argueing that "she" was quite helpful, but it would seem like the help came with too high a price. Its a shame.

I think the proverbial dead horse has been sufficiently beaten to a pulp. But this thread on the other hand has taken on a life of its own and who knows which way its going to go next. It's been very entertaining and I can't wait to see which way it will go next.

Bobby

Old 12-30-2010, 01:05 PM
edzakory
Elder User
In the highly caricatured cosmology of the FTE, The Administrator is the embodiment of Good, and its proud defender against the often helpful, yet highly pernicious manifestations of Dan.

Old 12-30-2010, 01:06 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 52 Merc
OOOH! OOOH! OOOH!

LOL I figured that would get ya all fired up!!!!

I wish I could remember who and or where the picture was originally posted, it looks like the terrain could be in Utah?? could be almost anywhere I guess??
I love finding things along the rails, I found a couple cars last summer in the creek embankment, can't seem to find the pictures though.

Josh

Old 12-30-2010, 01:26 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
This thread has set a record for a non-stickie post. The previous record thread was Dick's "Where are you" post at 484 replies. The all time record thread is the Stickie post "1948-1960: 1949/1950 VIN # Cut off" at 664 replies. This thread is getting close to surpassing that. I say, "Let's do it!"
Maybe in this section but definitely NOT on FTE.

Here is a non stickied post that is currently active in the super duty section and has over 10,200 posts currently and still going

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...10-vs-psd.html

This one has a long ways to go, but keep at it and might set a record.

Old 12-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Cooter55
Senior User
Originally Posted by edzakory
In the highly caricatured cosmology of the FTE, The Administrator is the embodiment of Good, and its proud defender against the often helpful, yet highly pernicious manifestations of Dan.
Yeah...What he said!

Old 12-30-2010, 01:33 PM
MarcusPBoldt
5th Wheeling
I don't like spam, but I do like Green eggs and Ham!

Old 12-30-2010, 01:35 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 4tl8ford
Dave
Start watching? - Where have you been?
Dan can't change his grammer/style/ego.
He did post on your forum - read the few words - It's the same on all the forums he posted on including the Navy ones.

Yep, I've been out of touch for a while. I wouldn't be here now if it weren't so entertaining. I have no idea what other forums or boards he posted on.

BTW, I just looked at my forum and I couldn't find his post, just an indication of his last visit on May 1, 2009. The admin panel says he never posted. If you have a link send it to me.

Quick Reply: Advertising SPAM in the Private Mail