1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

Custom 99 Expediton

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 12:56 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by 402 Motoring
Hmmm.......ICE? Guess I must be getting old. Whats ICE?
In-Car Entertainment

Old 10-19-2010, 08:22 AM
402 Motoring
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.....DUH.......sorry should have known that. Yep but nothing too crazy. The plan was for either a RockFord or Pioneer component speakers, maybe 4 10" subs in a custom fiberglass enclosure. I'm not using my third row seating so I do have some room back there for something nice. I'm not going after that "blingy" look but something more refined but still enough to show case our shops work.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:06 PM
cleaningbug94
Senior User
Originally Posted by 402 Motoring
Not really a kit per say. I do this for a living so it was pretty easy for me. The 06 fenders will bolt on but they have to be modified to work with the 99 body. In my case the hood is a "one off" custom piece that I built, the grille is custom built, the bumper is custom built, and the headlamps are custom built. You could just use all the parts off an 03-06 Expe and just modify the fenders. It is a pricey mod, but I wanted something different and I wanted to breathe new life into my old friend. Today I took my headliner and sun visors over to a trim shop I work with. I'm having it redone with stock 2010 Ford Cashmere headliner fabric that will match the rest of the interior. Since the interior is gutted I installed dynamat type material on the underside of the roof to cut down on sound and the heat. I also plan to install the same on the floor before I install my new custom rug. I should have the interior 90% done by late next week. Today I also started my last big custom
mod for the truck...some custom rocker panel covers that will extend the aggressive look to the sides of the truck.

Check out my progress photos here

Hey can you build the parts for me and i pay you for the parts and work.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:35 PM
minitrk
Senior User
Since you've put so much work into the truck already, might I suggest some audio that would serve it well. MB Quart makes some incredible speakers, SoundStream makes some incredible speakers and amps. For a head units, the sky is the limit as there are several TOP manufacturers out there. If you would like to have everything matching... Deck, speakers, and amps might I suggest some McIntosh pieces. If the exterior and interior are getting the top of the line royal treatment, why not follow through with the audio/video?

Old 10-19-2010, 06:22 PM
402 Motoring
New User
Originally Posted by minitrk
Since you've put so much work into the truck already, might I suggest some audio that would serve it well. MB Quart makes some incredible speakers, SoundStream makes some incredible speakers and amps. For a head units, the sky is the limit as there are several TOP manufacturers out there. If you would like to have everything matching... Deck, speakers, and amps might I suggest some McIntosh pieces. If the exterior and interior are getting the top of the line royal treatment, why not follow through with the audio/video?
I forgot to mention that we are also a high end audio shop but my son handles all of our audio installs. I'm basically leaving it up to him on what brand we're going to use. We generally use Rockford but he just did his Charger with some component Pioneers and it sounds like a movie theater in his car, so I may go all Pioneer. At one point I had planned to use this truck solely as a show vehicle but in the end it now will be used as my dd to and from my shop so I've toned the overall look down a bit from what I was going to do. Still it will be a nice overall truck when I'm done.

Since we're on the subject of audio. Here is a photo of a custom job we did on a 2010 Camaro.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:42 PM
minitrk
Senior User
VERY NICE!! I agree Pioneers are nice, they have come a LONG WAY in the past couple years. If it is going to be your DD I would consider going all out with it and then putting your shops name on the rear window. That way you can advertise as you drive, kinda like a mobile show room. Bet it would draw in some more business. I can bet when you pull into anywhere with it you will get some people that want to have a look see, so I would showcase ALL your talents, you showed it on the outside and choice of interior so far, so you might as well go all out with it. Sorry if I sound like Im telling you what to do, just saying what I would do.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Moto Mel
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your truck is beautiful and the work shows that you are a true craftsman. The only suggestion I have would be to consider the wood steering wheel from a Navigator with the HVAC and Audio controls built in. The wood has a very nice feel and adds something to the looks of the interior.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:01 PM
402 Motoring
New User
Well I'm definately not into the wood look...at least in the interior of my rides...LOL..but once this wheel wares out I would definately go with the Nav wheel and just paint match the wood.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Moto Mel
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Then don't waste a Navigator wheel on it, get a wheel from another expedition or Excursion.