6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Comprehensive insurance Coverage for major repairs on a truck(I don’t have a prob)

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 06:08 PM
nico963
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Comprehensive insurance Coverage for major repairs on a truck(I don’t have a prob)

Was having a discussion with a coworker today.

Can you claim or has anyone claimed a HPFP failure under comprehensive insurance or do you have to have MBI with Geico or something similar?

Btw My 17 6.7 is nothing short of amazing!Hands down the best vehicle I’ve ever owned.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:40 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,416 Likes on 1,011 Posts
Others have turned in a claim for picking up water and had it covered.

The MBI you refer to is good insurance though as it is bumper to bumper to 100K and only a 250 dollar deductible. I have it.

Old 12-07-2018, 07:03 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
I look at it this way - if you have both, chances are one will cover it. If you have one, they will say it isn't covered. I only have ESP and can't get MBI as State Farm doesn't offer it (AFAIK). I can tell you that my ESP Premium Care is NOT stepping up the plate as I have a lot of little things going on that are not covered. And I have a $0 deductible with it, so it's annoying.

Old 12-07-2018, 07:45 PM
nico963
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by senix
Others have turned in a claim for picking up water and had it covered.

The MBI you refer to is good insurance though as it is bumper to bumper to 100K and only a 250 dollar deductible. I have it.
Thanks senix,I’ve tip toed around my State Farm agent and It sounds like they wouldn’t be much help if I ever had an issue.Im gonna look into some company’s that have MBI just to make sure if I ever have any major issues that qualify I’m covered.

With all this I will say,I’m not concerned about the reliability of the 6.7 at all.

Old 12-07-2018, 07:46 PM
nico963
Fleet Mechanic
And thank you as well Dakster

Old 12-09-2018, 01:58 PM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,376 Likes on 4,634 Posts
Originally Posted by Dakster
I look at it this way - if you have both, chances are one will cover it. If you have one, they will say it isn't covered. I only have ESP and can't get MBI as State Farm doesn't offer it (AFAIK). I can tell you that my ESP Premium Care is NOT stepping up the plate as I have a lot of little things going on that are not covered. And I have a $0 deductible with it, so it's annoying.
I have the 7 year/125k ESP. What issues are you having that is not covered, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks.

Old 12-09-2018, 06:46 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Overkill2
I have the 7 year/125k ESP. What issues are you having that is not covered, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks.
43 to 45k miles on my truck for this.

1. Axle seals failed, rear diff fluid was bad, that drain and refill not covered. Dealer because they said flush and fill on the receipt and they didn't flush, refunded me.

2. Radio won't take an update and my Samsung phone sometimes woont work with it, sometimes impairs itself automatically. Not covered unless the radio tests bad.

3. DEF tank level not reading correctly had to pay for reprogramming. I got tired if resetting it myself. So now, next time it diies or they will investigate further. I think a fluid level sensor is bad.

4. Ford ended up helping out 75% here. Running boards rusted through. I reported this at 5k miles... they kept saying not bad enough, until my 36k expired and then it's not covered...

Old 12-10-2018, 06:19 AM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 908 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by nico963

Thanks senix,I’ve tip toed around my State Farm agent and It sounds like they wouldn’t be much help if I ever had an issue.Im gonna look into some company’s that have MBI just to make sure if I ever have any major issues that qualify I’m covered.

With all this I will say,I’m not concerned about the reliability of the 6.7 at all.
I think you have to be a bit more literal with them. We've had this discussion before. If someone takes a hammer to your truck, comprehensive will cover the damage. If someone pours water down your fuel fill and it toasts your fuel system, that's also vandalism. Even if you were the one that poured DEF down the fuel fill and toasted the engine, it should be covered under comprehensive coverage. Insurance is intended to cover extraordinary events. Its just that this scenario smells to the insurance guy like something shady is going on trying to get insurance to pay for something they shouldn't.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:35 PM
Boaterguy
Laughing Gas
Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Dakster
43 to 45k miles on my truck for this.

1. Axle seals failed, rear diff fluid was bad, that drain and refill not covered. Dealer because they said flush and fill on the receipt and they didn't flush, refunded me.

2. Radio won't take an update and my Samsung phone sometimes woont work with it, sometimes impairs itself automatically. Not covered unless the radio tests bad.

3. DEF tank level not reading correctly had to pay for reprogramming. I got tired if resetting it myself. So now, next time it diies or they will investigate further. I think a fluid level sensor is bad.

4. Ford ended up helping out 75% here. Running boards rusted through. I reported this at 5k miles... they kept saying not bad enough, until my 36k expired and then it's not covered...
I'm a little confused that those issues we not covered. My 2015 has had all those issues, sans the radio, and my axle seal was on the front diff, my esp covered everything with no arguements. Time to find a new dealer.

Old 12-11-2018, 02:07 PM
Deuce40s
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I bought my truck, I called my State Farm representative and asked him directly if they would cover a fuel system replacement due to poor fuel. He said they would.