6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Has anyone tried DCP fuel injectors yeah or no?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Quad411
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone tried DCP fuel injectors yeah or no?

I have done all the testing I can do FICM, Fuel pressure, etc. and changed all the filters and oil. The 6.0 Excursion is still running like crap and still readin #5 injector on the OBD scanner. Im amking an appointment with ford to have them put it on there computer, to make sure its a injector, and only and injector. I would like to go with a set of 155 cc fuel injectors. I was going to use RCD, since they where local, but I havent heard to many positive things about them, even from some local people. I then talked to innovative. I communicate through e-mail a lot, because I dont always have time to talk on the phone. They where great at responding to the first e-mail, but then when I started asking a few more questions about the injectors, I never got a response. I found the stock DCP's on e-bay and sent them an e-mail asking them about the 150's, and the said no poblem, they answered all questions in a timely manor, so as far as customer service, it was an a+ there. I was jsut wondering if anyone else has had any experience with there injectors. Also, another question, I had, I can see the drivers side is pretty easy to change the injectors, but the passenger side looks a little bit harder. I copied how to change them in the tech. folder, but another guy I was talking to at a local shop said you had to lift the body off to get the right valve cover off because of the A/C housing being in the way. I can see its tight, what do you do? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:45 PM
2006powerstroke90
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Please do not quote me on this, but on my 06 f350 I can take the valve cover, oil rail, all injectors, rocker arms, and push rods out on that side so I am not sure if he knew what he was talking about or thats just the way it is on the EX's

But as far as the injector question, sorry cant help you there, just thought I would try to shed some light on your other question.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Unrealo4
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Quad411
I have done all the testing I can do FICM, Fuel pressure, etc. and changed all the filters and oil. The 6.0 Excursion is still running like crap and still readin #5 injector on the OBD scanner. Im amking an appointment with ford to have them put it on there computer, to make sure its a injector, and only and injector. I would like to go with a set of 155 cc fuel injectors. I was going to use RCD, since they where local, but I havent heard to many positive things about them, even from some local people. I then talked to innovative. I communicate through e-mail a lot, because I dont always have time to talk on the phone. They where great at responding to the first e-mail, but then when I started asking a few more questions about the injectors, I never got a response. I found the stock DCP's on e-bay and sent them an e-mail asking them about the 150's, and the said no poblem, they answered all questions in a timely manor, so as far as customer service, it was an a+ there. I was jsut wondering if anyone else has had any experience with there injectors. Also, another question, I had, I can see the drivers side is pretty easy to change the injectors, but the passenger side looks a little bit harder. I copied how to change them in the tech. folder, but another guy I was talking to at a local shop said you had to lift the body off to get the right valve cover off because of the A/C housing being in the way. I can see its tight, what do you do? Any help would be appreciated.
He's talking about lifting the body to get the HEADS off. Even then you don't have to lift the body off.The valve cover is easy but you do have to take the fender guard off. Under the quarter panel to get to the back lower bolts on the valve cover and oil rail. Sorry I have no exp with those injectors. Ford remans cost about $220.00 or so that's what I use.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:22 PM
2006powerstroke90
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was talking to at a local shop said you had to lift the body off to get the right valve cover off because of the A/C housing being in the way.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:07 PM
rdunagan
Posting Guru
i changed my injector on the passenger side and you can get the valve cover off just gotta wiggle it a tad nothing hard at all. the oil rail is the b****. you have to take the tube off to get the oil rail off lucky i didnt have to because it was the #1 injector. no expirence with them but i know if you send your injectors to industrial injection they can make your stock ones now into 150's. and which ever injector is bad you just buy a new one from them and your set. i think they quoted me 1200 to "rebuild mine into 190cc" which wasnt bad

Old 03-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Unrealo4
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 2006powerstroke90
I was talking to at a local shop said you had to lift the body off to get the right valve cover off because of the A/C housing being in the way.
I read the post, but there was a obvious miscommunication there somwhere. Someone said valve cover and the other guy thought heads. The Ex's are basiclly F series with a suv end. I've changed injectors on the passenger side. There's no way I would consider lifting the body for that.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:11 AM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts
I can point you to more than one horror story about RCD injectors. They are being sued by one customer because of crap work. The story is well documented on the .ORG

Having YOUR injectors modified is a crap shoot because it depends on how your injectors are already performing. Getting them modified doesn't repair or overhaul them. If you have stiction or some other problem now chances are you'll have the same problem when you get them back. If you want modified injectors then go with Ryan Casserly at Full Force Diesel. He starts with "new" Ford injectors and modifies them. NO junk, no BS, just a great company with great customer service and a GREAT product.

As for getting the right valve cover off.....you MIGHT want to remove the fender liner to make access to the valve cover bolts easier. God blessed me with long skinny arms and I'm able to get to the bolts with a 12mm flex head gear wrench. No need to remove A/C parts or lift the body to change an injector. By the time most folks get the fender liner out I've got the valve cover off and I don't have air tools.

The following users liked this post:
Old 03-02-2011, 06:21 AM
matty169
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Rear bolts......

1/4 inch drive ratchet, 12 inch extension and a swivel. Done. No inner fender removal.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:20 AM
lenzhotrod
Senior User
You could always remove a motor mount and lower the engine. Think outside the box. Also remove trans x-member and lower. Just watch your fan!

Old 03-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Quad411
Junior User
Just dropped it off at the normal dealer today for the final diagnostic. The dealer informed me, that the other dealer I talked to doesnt do much work on diesels, thats probably why told me to take the body off.