6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

NO GODFORSAKEN BOOST

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 07:54 PM
lakewood
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NO GODFORSAKEN BOOST

Yeah im really pissed. on my way home from church tonight, my truck isnt giving me any boost.

When i started it i thought it sounded funny, when i accelerated it felt even funnier, felt like my 7.3, you floor it and it goes nowhere. both my boost gauges(stock, a.m.) are showing no boost, i stomp on it, climbes to about 1800 rpms, no boost, then jumps to 2500 with 9 pounds of boost. i pull over on the side of the road, restart the truck about 5 times, nothin, still not producing boost. so i take off again, im checking to see if its black smoking, my friend is behind me and im using his head lights, but no smoke. finally make it up to 65-70 mph, at that speed i normally see about 10 psi continuously, this time nothing. i get home, listen to the exhaust sounds like a non-turboed v-8, cant hear my turbo at, and usually its screaming. pop the hood, all the CAC boots are on and everything looks fine.

I am pretty po'd right now, so sorry for any grammar mistakes.

I know its going into limp mode, truck has never done this before, its been 2800 miles since i got the EGR deleted and this is the first problem i've had.

Is there anyway to reset the code(no cel) so i can at least drive to school tomorrow?

Also dont want hp tunes, because well like most 17 year olds i'll use em, to the best of their abilities

Old 09-08-2010, 08:49 PM
lakewood
Posting Guru
Bump.
Stilled torqued

Old 09-08-2010, 09:02 PM
John Irwin
Elder User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My boost shut down last night too, and I was thinking turbo, now I think the ficm has finally died. It was running fine, shut it down, got back in a few hours later, and it would hardly run. I'm thinking, no fuel, no boost. I couldn't get more than a pound out of it, floored, it wouldn't hardly accelerate, then I bumped the Edge up to race, and within a few seconds the boost hit and away it went. Could your problem be fuel...??
I'm just brushing up on the solder rerun for the ficm, and heading out to the shop to try it. Good luck!

Old 09-08-2010, 09:07 PM
lakewood
Posting Guru
FICM is a possibility i guess, but i dont think so personally. the turbo isnt kicking in, thats not controlled by the FICM, exhaust is still flowing through the turbo, the vanes just arent opening. so thats why i think my truck has finally gone into limp mode

Old 09-08-2010, 09:12 PM
solaratomic
Senior User
Bad VGT actuator and/or connector? Just throwing something out.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:19 PM
jetact
Elder User
EBP valve/switch is my guess. I am sure someone smarter then me will give a good answer tonight

Old 09-09-2010, 03:13 AM
bismic
Fleet Owner
Received 2,507 Likes on 1,742 Posts
Disconnecting the batteries should clear the codes IIRC.

We really do need the codes. Do you have any coolant or oil temp readings?

Old 09-09-2010, 05:20 AM
MrBeechwood
Junior User
must be an epidemic my turbo seems to be acting up too. Heavy on the pedal in third gear I noticed my speed was not climbing at all and I was getting passed like an old man.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:56 AM
CAMPINGTOM
Senior User
Originally Posted by lakewood
the turbo isnt kicking in... so thats why i think my truck has finally gone into limp mode
When I was in limp mode the turbo still worked, just wouldn't build over 20 psi of boost. I don't think your in limp mode.
Did John clean your turbo when he had it off?

I agree that it might be vgt solenoid or something along those lines.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:02 AM
hifiman
Junior User
My 05 did things as you mention and it was a simple change of the EBP sensor that fixed the problem. Mine showed a p0470 and p0299 code.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:26 PM
lakewood
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by CAMPINGTOM
When I was in limp mode the turbo still worked, just wouldn't build over 20 psi of boost. I don't think your in limp mode.
Did John clean your turbo when he had it off?

I agree that it might be vgt solenoid or something along those lines.

John took the turbo aprat, cleaned it, and checked the unison ring, everything echecked out

Old 09-09-2010, 04:27 PM
lakewood
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by hifiman
My 05 did things as you mention and it was a simple change of the EBP sensor that fixed the problem. Mine showed a p0470 and p0299 code.

I have a code reader, but a cheapo one i borrowed from a friend, im gonna go see if it works now. ill post if i get any codes

Old 09-09-2010, 05:13 PM
lakewood
Posting Guru
The cheapo code reader, well didnt do anything.
I talked to the tech that did the work, hes thinking ebp valve, or vgt soleinoid.

Not sure what ebp valve stands for, ill take at guess at exhaust back pressure valve?

Old 09-09-2010, 05:19 PM
solaratomic
Senior User
that's correct exhaust back pressure sensor, it's located on the drivers side manifold on a bracket. It's about 1/2 way back on the engine. You may wanna try cleaning it w/carb cleaner. Also spray a good amount down the tube or take it off and clean it w/a pipe cleaner.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:23 PM
lakewood
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by solaratomic
that's correct exhaust back pressure sensor, it's located on the drivers side manifold on a bracket. It's about 1/2 way back on the engine. You may wanna try cleaning it w/carb cleaner. Also spray a good amount down the tube or take it off and clean it w/a pipe cleaner.
Ok thanks, you mind posting a pic or somethin showing exactly where it is?

Quick Reply: NO GODFORSAKEN BOOST