Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X owners random chat thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 10:38 AM
wallz
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Just a constant nagging. Def don't give in and clean up after then, that just helps them realize that they don't ever need to clean up cuz someone else will. It is a daily battle, and at least once a week we will go with them and participate with em to clean up, and they seem to enjoy the thorough cleanup then.
We have even started with you guys have ten min to supper and if you are not at the dinner table when we start you miss out on dinner. This way they have some big incentive to actually clean up, but again you have to do your part and go check up on them. The kids also seem to clean up better when they have an organized space to put the toys. If it's in a big pile and looks messy, that is how the whole thing stays.
We found that when the toys all have a separate space/container then the clean up goes smoother and the end product is more organized as well. Older tv cabinets work well for this and they are cheap cuz nobody uses them any more for tvs.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:57 AM
1BADRIDE
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, kids are a pain...lol. I have 3 kids, 2 boys and a girl. 6, 4, and 1 1/2 years old. I started a counting method with them. Once they had the living room trashed and there were toys everywhere. I gave them to the count of 5 to get everything to their bedrooms and what ever was left after 5, I threw away. They took their time and at 5, I threw alot of toys away. Guess what, when I start counting now, it's a scramble of kids running around grabbing stuff and taking it to their rooms. It only took one time for them to find out I wasn't kidding and now they clean up pretty darn fast....LOL

Old 09-12-2010, 11:27 AM
longjohn
Junior User
Gotta love the kiddos. I took an extended weekend road trip with a college buddy in the ex. Miss the family, but it has been good to get away. I actually am getting to watch football this morning instead of cartoons.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:29 AM
1BADRIDE
Senior User
Originally Posted by longjohn
Gotta love the kiddos. I took an extended weekend road trip with a college buddy in the ex. Miss the family, but it has been good to get away. I actually am getting to watch football this morning instead of cartoons.
AMEN!! LOL, my wife is taking the kids to a birthday party, so it's football for me!

Old 09-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 1BADRIDE
Yep, kids are a pain...lol. I have 3 kids, 2 boys and a girl. 6, 4, and 1 1/2 years old. I started a counting method with them. Once they had the living room trashed and there were toys everywhere. I gave them to the count of 5 to get everything to their bedrooms and what ever was left after 5, I threw away. They took their time and at 5, I threw alot of toys away. Guess what, when I start counting now, it's a scramble of kids running around grabbing stuff and taking it to their rooms. It only took one time for them to find out I wasn't kidding and now they clean up pretty darn fast....LOL

Did you actually throw the toys away? I have threatened to do the same before and they cleaned up before I could throw stuff away. My plan was to throw it all in a garbage can and then stash it in the basement or something and use some for xmas presents or something. lol

Old 09-12-2010, 11:36 AM
wallz
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Ya gotta luv having the big screen tv on game day, but the kids end up using it for comics and you end up enjoying the den with the small tv, and enjoy the peace and quiet while watching the game. Lol

Old 09-12-2010, 12:04 PM
1BADRIDE
Senior User
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
Did you actually throw the toys away? I have threatened to do the same before and they cleaned up before I could throw stuff away. My plan was to throw it all in a garbage can and then stash it in the basement or something and use some for xmas presents or something. lol
Oh, it went in the garbage...lol. Now I just put the stuff in a bag to drop off and donate the stuff to needy kids. At least it doesn't go to waste then.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:18 PM
dzldenny
Senior User

We have several methods for the kids. Outside toys not picked up go in the firepit. They have to put them in there. They hate that. Inside toys get picked up or I make them watch me pick them up. The cheap toys (meal toys ect) get tossed. The pricy stuff (play station controllers, RC toys ect) get taken away and they have to be cought being GOOD to get to choose one to earn back. They get home from school 5-10 min before I get home from work. If they are sitting doing homework when I walk in or even help each other without being told, they get to pick one.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:38 PM
william_04_x
Lead Driver

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts
My daughter is spoiled. I didn't even spank her the last time she set the house on fire.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:55 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by william_04_x
My daughter is spoiled. I didn't even spank her the last time she set the house on fire.
Neither did I any of the times I did.....lol

Old 09-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Originally Posted by dzldenny
We have several methods for the kids. Outside toys not picked up go in the firepit. They have to put them in there. They hate that. Inside toys get picked up or I make them watch me pick them up. The cheap toys (meal toys ect) get tossed. The pricy stuff (play station controllers, RC toys ect) get taken away and they have to be cought being GOOD to get to choose one to earn back. They get home from school 5-10 min before I get home from work. If they are sitting doing homework when I walk in or even help each other without being told, they get to pick one.

Thats pretty good, I'll have to give that a try.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Just watched another overhaulin show, this one was the 65 vette they painted midnight blue. I have noticed it before but this car showed it the most because of the color. Orange peal everywhere. I have painted quite a few panels and a few cars and I know orange peal is normal but this cars orange peal looked like the worst I have ever done. You would think people that paint cars every day and pride themselves on the finish would have a better out of the booth finish than what they are getting.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:03 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
Ahh I remember that thread Matt...but that thread REALLY wandered more than some ill handling Ex's out there!

Just because I like these types of threads...reps to all ya'll that post in here...just because I can!!!
haha yes, the good ol days, back when i actually had a running excursion... Thanks to my good ol brother haha Any ways, ill rep ya for no reason hehe

Old 10-31-2010, 08:35 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Is there a way to shut off the auto locks in the X? It is frustrating me jumping in the X and backing up to a trailer getting out and the rear door is locked every time.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:09 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
I hope my X doesn't start doing this!

My Truck

Quick Reply: X owners random chat thread