General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

EX's. try again or leave them in the past

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 11:55 PM
BuiltToughF250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thursday Feb. 13th
ok, i have a lot of ex's who ( it never fails ) call me around Valentines Day, ( happend tonight )

so, what do you think, if shes an ex' do you forget about her, do you have a good time, ( i think you know what i mean ) or do you try to re-kindle the relationship ??

me and Dayna went out tonight, shes my version of "the one who got away" the relationship started up out of a friendship, but seemed too odd so i called it off, and now like a moron i realize shes " the one" so, im drinking away the thoughts i guess you could say. whats your opinion?

Old 02-14-2003, 12:16 AM
mrwizard
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interestingly enough, my ex-wife's name is Dana (no 'y'). The really funny thing is, she is also my current wife. Even funnier, if I had to bet money on it, I bet she'll be my ex-ex-wife before too long. So I guess what I'm saying is I tried the "try it again" thing and it isn't working very well.

Old 02-14-2003, 02:48 AM
Ratsmoker
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Marriage is forever in my book, but "divorce is forever" is in the same book too. Just how I look at it. Every situation is different. If I ever got divorced (doubt it would ever happen) I wouldn't ever go back. Just me. Not be the right thing for you.

Old 02-14-2003, 08:40 AM
tw
More Turbo

Depends on whether were talking about ex girlfriends or ex wives. Id give an ex girlfriend a chance if it didnt end badly the first time.
With an ex wife, i figure i gave it my all the first time and didnt work, theres nothing left there. Just my opinion.

Tony Warren
Nebraska

Old 02-14-2003, 11:26 AM
vinny8
Senior User

AAHHHH...some of you guys/gals may remember that I posted a similiar question several months ago...should X's stay X's. My ex-husband wanted to try again once he took the depression cure. I tried...glad I tried..but it didn't work. Too much bad stuff in the past..ya never forget. So I'm officially taking the stance that X's are X's for a reason..and you can't go back..and going forward after a past is most difficult, if not impossible. The majority of replys I got from the board were there are plenty of fishys out there. So...go forth and prosper..have a good time.
Lisa

Old 02-14-2003, 09:02 PM
Ultramagdan
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I can think of a couple of woman that I dated that at the time seemed like "the one that got away" and every now and then I think about them. But, woman for woman, my wife was the best woman I could've ended up with. As I look back I can see how the relationships would've gone with the other ones.

Nope, end it with your X and broaden your horizens. If your a good man, you can find a good woman.

Old 02-15-2003, 12:09 AM
72mach_1
Senior User

I think it depends on how it ended the first time..............If it was just a ( this may not be the right time ) kind of thing.......then yeah why not.......

If its a ( cheated on me "with everybody") kind of ex.....then NO

Cause I don't care what ANYBODY says....If they cheat once....they"ll cheat again................

Old 02-15-2003, 01:28 AM
1970f2504x4
Posting Guru

I agree with the last post. It all depends on how you ended with that Ex. My current girlfriend and I dated a number of years ago for about 2 years. It was one of those deals where "It just wasn't the right time". We ended it in 1998 and didn't speak for four years (It was a little too painful for me to make contact). We never really fought, always got along, had a ton in common, and were pretty crazy about eachother.. but were both in very different points of our lives. Fast forward to 2002... I got an email from her saying "whats up?"... saw her.. took things very slow.. and I must say we are closer than we have ever been before. We both did alot of growing up, and I think she could be "the one".

I've had other relationships that ended differently. The last one before my current girlfriend we were engaged and she broke it off. We fought alot, she would keep things from me, the list goes on. I am sure that would have ended in divorce in 5 years or less now that I look back.

Another relationship I had... I tried but didn't have the right feelings for her. Something was missing. Im sure she would make someone else happy, but not me. She was about 80% there... but not the full 110%.

So I guess you have to look how things ended with your "ex". Did it end for a good reason? Was she cheating? Did you guys fight and argue alot? Was it just not the right time? All things to consider. Whatever you do... don't just jump into things. TAKE IT SLOW. That is the best thing if you decide to proceed. Gotta be cautious and take things others may have said about her into consideration. You can look at things in a different light now and analyze it for what its worth. Anyways... thats my 2 cents. Whatever happens, good luck.

Old 02-15-2003, 01:34 AM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

How does the saying go- Let sleeping dogs lie? If there was a reason it ended, I would use that as a reason not to start back up. Maybe the girl you loved was her back then, but people change. Been down that road before, wouldn't do that again. It's just my opinion, but a previous failed relationship between the two of you might be good reason not to start up again.

Old 02-15-2003, 03:05 AM
Vampiro
Cargo Master

me and my ex carlee got back together and it lasted for 2 years. then mel and me had a huge fight and it sank, never again, now with ne and kate i hope it never ends. i think shes the one for me

give it a try, but remember what happened the first time

Old 02-15-2003, 05:21 AM
GatorFishing
Senior User

Just recently divorced my wife of 23 years. We just kind of drifted apart. It wasn't anything serious. Just after awhile it seemed we argued more than anything else. We have been apart for a few months and she calls last nite (valentines day) and says she wants to try again. I don't think so. I've moved away and started my life over. I don't miss the petty arguements we always had. My blood pressures gone down enough I quit taking medication for it. I guess it would depend on your situation but in mine the one that got away needs to stay away.

Old 02-15-2003, 08:33 AM
big_daddy_velvet
Elder User

So many people are so much better off without the stress and agony they had in their relationships, and yet those are the people that urge to get back into it with the person they love to hate. It sickens me! I spent 3 weeks trying to get a couple of my friends together a few years ago, and then I spent 3 years trying to break them up, because they were ruining each other's lives. If you can't get along with a person, send 'em packin'. I have dumped several handfuls of girls for various reasons, and I haven't spoken to any of them since; I don't care about them anymore...
Don't waste your time on the illusion that things change, because they don't. You haven't changed, she hasn't changed, and all of that old schlitz from your first try will boil to the surface and you'll fight about it all over again.
BDV