1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sheer disappointment in the 2011 Super Duty

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 07:13 PM
sandmanf250
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
are you back again.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:22 PM
5.4L to Freedom
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by VintageSCUBA
Well, I have read most of the posts and it seems that old Howard Johnson had it right, "...you need more that 57 flavors of ice cream to keep 'em all happy." So it also seems with trucks, options and packages.

This is my 5th "truck", but it is my first Super Duty. I ordred it so I could have it my way and I luv it. F-250 SC 6.2 gasser, Lariat, (no two tone paint), FX4, 4.30 gearing, Tough Bed spray in liner, tailegate step, 8' bed, Nav system, clearence lites and block heater. I plan on running this machine at least 10 years, 120,000 - 150,000 miles. It's been in service (2) weeks, 700 miles on the clock and I have to say, great machine. I am really impressed with the 6.2 V-8, the new tranny and I love the way it looks. And the seats are the best I have ever had in a truck!

Tell ya what, that is most definitely the best looking 2011 I seen yet... sharp truck. I still dont agree with the direction they're headed. The seats in my 04 lay the seats I sat in to shame, however that is a matter of preference so i'm not trying to start the fire back up. It does make me feel better tho that there is at least 1 2011 on the road that doesn't make me want to cry when I see it lol

Old 07-05-2010, 04:33 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Posting Guru
I agree... I am not a fan of the 2011 styling either, but that is one nice looking truck!

Old 07-05-2010, 04:58 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,254 Likes on 824 Posts
If one is looking for masculinity, the 2011 is the answer. I think it's a great looking truck.

However, I normally like the looks of the XL trucks but the 2011 doesn't do it for me. That huge grill looks better dressed in chrome than in black.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:00 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Posting Guru
I dunno, a black truck with a matching black grill would look sweeeeet!

Old 07-05-2010, 05:47 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by IB Adrian
I am confused why people believe the Superduty needs a clean sheet redesign.

1. It is the most capable truck.
2. It has shown to be the most reliable truck.
3. I think its the best looking truck.

What is to be gained from a clean sheet redesign, apart from the possibility of completely messing things up?
1. maybe so.hopefully so lol.
2.since the 7.3l probably though,can't say much for the 6.0 and 6.4 rep.that Mexican engine has to make you wounder if things will be any better.
and what happened to the price of the diesel.....it gets made in Mexico AND goes up lmao.
3. i disagree.since '99 ford just copied the new ugly dodge design.the 2011 is the worse '99 cab design of them all.
when's "ford" styling coming back? some of us kinda miss it since the '97 OBS.
4. fords focusing on selling trucks to people who don't need trucks.take a look inside,what do you see? car like features.take a look outside,what do you see? a big overgrown looking car if you removed that big ugly box,they call grill.

make an engine in Mexico and charge more for it.thats good for ford (short term only,mark my words.) think thats what Henry's focus was? i don't.

ford needs to go back to their roots in design,and stop drifting into car like luxury bs,and focus on selling trucks to people who need them for some sort of reasonable price.

workers need trucks.
what happens when workers who need trucks pay more for trucks?
the tree services/plumbers/carpenters/general contractors etc?
who do you think makes the payment on those trucks?
you guessed it.the prices of everything will be going up that homeowners need done,because the workers who need trucks are forced into buying over sized luxury cars with more expensive made in Mexico diesels lmao.
nice.like the economy isn't bad enough right now,with many small business struggling or closing shops as is, running old trucks.
gee's thanks for the shift of focus to whom you sell trucks to ford.

(sorry IB Adrian lol.none of this was directed at you.i just liked your set of questions for the quote to go off from lol.)

people talking about cup holders lol.....well.no comment.i'll just show you what a cup holder looks like to someone who "needs" a truck:

Old 07-05-2010, 06:58 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Posting Guru
Actually, I am all for American made products, but in the world of 302 blocks Mexican blocks were the strongest ones built. Hopefully this will be the same thing, won't know for sure until some of them report back with six figure odometers though.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:47 PM
drh1175
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love what they did for the most part. I will start on the outside. The hood is a step back. I like the 05-07 the best but it is still a step up from the 08-10. The new counsel is a huge step forward. 4 cup holders are a minimum. I start out the day with a cup of coffe and then finish it with water and or pop. With two people up front I think 4 cup holders are ideal. Now the downfall for me is the back seat. I love the area for tools. But with that said. My two dogs ride in the back seat. They belong on the floor. The past models seat folded up and had a nice flat metal floor. A piece of carpet or a kennel fits perfect in there. I could get by with the storage if it had a top to it so the dogs could sit on it. I guess I would have to build something out of wood and carpet to change that. Overall I think they did a good job IMHO.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:15 AM
sithot
5th Wheeling
6.0 and 6.4 are the reasons the 7.3's still bring good money with 200,000 on them.
It might not have been perfect but it was a hell of a engine. I'll miss mine one day but for now I'm happy with a new 150. My 6th Ford and 5th truck.

Tom

Old 07-06-2010, 01:09 PM
5.4L to Freedom
Posting Guru
Could somebody pls red FORDF250XLTHD for me, it wont let me and i believe that he just completely settled our cupholder debate, hands down. You may not have to agree with everything he says, but I think he hit the nail on the head with the pic.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Jrfish007
Elder User
Originally Posted by IB Adrian
The price bit I can understand and empathize with.
Particularly for the diesel option, it is expensive... but it always has been.
All the emissions technology the 6.7 needs sure doesn't make it any cheaper to build.
Sorry for the late response lol

Anyway, that is not true. I paid well under $3,000 for my 1996 7.3 PSD engine. In addition, diesel in other vehicles don't cost that much, a Jetta for instance is less than $2k. I think it has more to do with emission regulations and government fees, but am not sure.

Yes the emissions may tack a few dollars on, but the platinum they use in gasser catalytic converters is far from free.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Big Ruth
Senior User
I don't know guys. I picked up some parts for my 95 this morning and sat in a 2011 4x4 PSD crew cab and it's...pretty...flippin...nice.

Although I popped the hood and MAN is the motor crammed in there.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:38 PM
rstrong
Senior User
Originally Posted by Jrfish007
Actually yes. The cost. I would like to see a truck built more around farm truck. I refuse to pay almost $8k more for a diesel engine on a $30k truck. Name one other auto where people can check a box and add 25% of there MSRP for just an engine.

On another note, I'm not seeing why everyone is so up about the manual. Even the stripped farm trucks I used ot use were autos, it was basically the only option they had. Ever back a hay wagon into a barn with a manual?

But honestly, these things are going for $50k, how many people are actually going to pay $50k for a manual? We get people complaining about how the truck is not luxurious enough for the money they are paying and then complain about not having a manual. I completely understand that the truck market has moved to far upscale to jsutify devloping a manual for teh 1% that will by it. Not only that, but since the auto is now standard, it should have become more cost effecitve. So they saved 99% of buyers $100 on their $50k truck
The way I see it; If I spend 50k on a truck I should be able to buy what I want........ NOT what Ford wants ME to buy!!!!
Check my signature, do you honestly think I buy Automatics??? Have I ever backed a haywagon with a manual? Yes i put mine in 4LO so its slower.
My rant not directed at anyone just venting

Old 07-14-2010, 10:38 PM
twags6
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rstrong
The way I see it; If I spend 50k on a truck I should be able to buy what I want........ NOT what Ford wants ME to buy!!!!
Check my signature, do you honestly think I buy Automatics??? Have I ever backed a haywagon with a manual? Yes i put mine in 4LO so its slower.
My rant not directed at anyone just venting
Exactly! If I wanna get an XLT truck with carpet delete and cd player, I should be able to. The funny restrictions they had on some things always amazed me.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:17 PM
jc8825
Posting Guru
I agree with most of what you are saying. I don't understand why a pickup is 52K. I would never spend that on a truck. I want a base model F-250 4x4 with a manual tranny (can't get one anymore), crank windows, and vinyl seats, and that will still run over 30K!
FX4 logos have always been ugly. Just get plain 4x4 (non-FX4) and you will be fine.

Quick Reply: Sheer disappointment in the 2011 Super Duty