1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sheer disappointment in the 2011 Super Duty

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 03:32 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I will say this, why is is necessary to have 12 thousand cupholders in a truck? My 03 has ten, four on the tailgate and six inside. Why? It seats four, so why six holders??? Looks like the new SD has that many as well, possibly more. I noticed on the front of the center console alone it had four, only within reach of the driver and passenger front seats (two more just behind the armrest). I understand a need to fill space with gadgets, but instead of six cupholders why not four cupholders and a tiny funnel with a hose on it to pee into that leads to the underside of the truck. Anybody that can drink four drinks at one time has GOT to appreciate the value of an on-the-go toidy! Now THAT'S thinking with yer dipstick, Jimmy!

Old 05-29-2010, 05:53 PM
redford
Received 1,631 Likes on 955 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrfish007
I hope they do, because I want the 2011 console in my '09. I like the 4 cup holder much better than my jump seat 2 cup holder. just not sure if it will fit since I have a floor shifting 4x4.
Exactly how many beers....er....cups do you need to hold anyway?

Old 05-29-2010, 06:07 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have 4 cupholders in the front of my 03, 2 in the console and 2 in the dash, for when my other two are full. then two in the rear that are only usable if there isnt a 3rd person back there

Old 05-29-2010, 06:13 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Posting Guru
GOOD NEWS!!!

Next year Ford is set to come out with the "Nick Nolte" interior upgrade package. It will feature a vinyl driver seat to more easily wash the urine off as well as a full six refrigerated cupholders so that you can comfortably rest an entire six pack of Bud Light in the center console. The package will hit the market mid-year with an estimated MSRP of $1,495 and 40 hours of community service.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:09 PM
sandmanf250
Posting Guru
what about the word chevy or mopar. do they offend you to.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:10 PM
Jrfish007
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TennesseeMustangPerf
I will say this, why is is necessary to have 12 thousand cupholders in a truck? My 03 has ten, four on the tailgate and six inside. Why? It seats four, so why six holders??? Looks like the new SD has that many as well, possibly more. I noticed on the front of the center console alone it had four, only within reach of the driver and passenger front seats (two more just behind the armrest). I understand a need to fill space with gadgets, but instead of six cupholders why not four cupholders and a tiny funnel with a hose on it to pee into that leads to the underside of the truck. Anybody that can drink four drinks at one time has GOT to appreciate the value of an on-the-go toidy! Now THAT'S thinking with yer dipstick, Jimmy!

Always good to think with your dipstick!

I have 2 cup holders in my entire truck, they are on the jump seat. I put my sun glasses in one cup and my security badge in the other. I then have to hold my cold beverage between my legs making me have to instantly go pee. On the plus side I did get the easy pee clean vinyl seats!

Old 05-29-2010, 08:18 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Posting Guru
Good choice! Lol

Old 05-30-2010, 07:40 AM
Rugby3
Elder User
GOOD NEWS!!!

Next year Ford is set to come out with the "Nick Nolte" interior upgrade package. It will feature a vinyl driver seat to more easily wash the urine off as well as a full six refrigerated cupholders so that you can comfortably rest an entire six pack of Bud Light in the center console. The package will hit the market mid-year with an estimated MSRP of $1,495 and 40 hours of community service.

Nice but will it work in my 01?

Old 05-30-2010, 10:57 AM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Rugby3
Nice but will it work in my 01?

Buy a six pack... he will come.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:24 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,254 Likes on 824 Posts
This thread actually came in good time for me. I was reading my "new" truck trend this morning and they did a shoot out between the 2011 F-250 KR 4x4 6.7L and the Dodge Cummins 4x4 SLT Laramie. Very interesting article in deed.

While I will agree th at FoMoCo needs a new sheet of paper, the new engine / transmission combo mated to the 3.55.1 axle set is actually as capable as the cummins with the 3.73.1 axle set.

Better MPG's especially when working her hard, better ride, smoother shifts, quieter engine, more secure feeling truck loaded and unloaded. She doesn't wander when loaded or pulling a heavy trailer, the Dodge apparently does, as report by the TT staff.

The only advantage the Dodge had over the Ford was price. The Dodge was cheaper by about 10K as she isn't as well appointed as the KR Ford.

So, if we had a crappy drive train combo, the headliner fabric may be the least of our worries.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:56 AM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Posting Guru
In the towing tests, they set the sleds lower than what the Chevy and Ford was rated at, because the Dodge was not rated as high... found that sort of interesting.
I will say this though, one of the big bumps to the 2011 for me was the mileage despite the performance. Now, I am more than pleased with the performance from my 6.0, more truck than I will ever use it for, which can equate to longer truck life since I won't be straining the vehicle a lot, but the mileage was a nice bump. The new 2011 tested at 22mpg average, and I was blown away by that. Here is my thing.
My 6.0L (2003) is a crew cab diesel long bed. This will take off a little mileage due to the weight and the two extra tires. It is also a 4X4, again this will shave some off the mileage. The test was done by people that were trained to prolong mileage, I am sure. That being said, with me getting 16-18 mpg average during normal driving, I wonder just how much more fuel efficient the 2011 really is... real world.

Old 05-30-2010, 02:25 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,254 Likes on 824 Posts
In the towing tests, they set the sleds lower than what the Chevy and Ford was rated at, because the Dodge was not rated as high... found that sort of interesting.
I will say this though, one of the big bumps to the 2011 for me was the mileage despite the performance. Now, I am more than pleased with the performance from my 6.0, more truck than I will ever use it for, which can equate to longer truck life since I won't be straining the vehicle a lot, but the mileage was a nice bump. The new 2011 tested at 22mpg average, and I was blown away by that. Here is my thing.
My 6.0L (2003) is a crew cab diesel long bed. This will take off a little mileage due to the weight and the two extra tires. It is also a 4X4, again this will shave some off the mileage. The test was done by people that were trained to prolong mileage, I am sure. That being said, with me getting 16-18 mpg average during normal driving, I wonder just how much more fuel efficient the 2011 really is... real world.

The Truck Trend article noted that the Ford averaged 16.6 mpg's and actually got 18 loaded while the Dodge averaged 16.4 and got 17.9 loaded. Still pretty respectable considering the amount of mass these trucks are moving. You'd probably have to go with the 3.31 axle to achieve better mpg's.

Old 05-30-2010, 02:58 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Posting Guru
That actually brings up another thing. My truck is running these numbers off 4.56 gears.

Old 05-30-2010, 02:59 PM
QwkTrip
Cargo Master
I like a lot of cup holders. On a long trip, I will always have a bottle of water open. If I buy a soda that means I need 2 cup holders just for myself. And I like to have more bottles of water within easy reach so I don't have to try to find stuff in the back seat. Right now I have 2 cup holders total in the front, and my wife needs space for her drink, too. I use the door storage to hold the bottles. Another set of holders on the floor would be nice. I sure as heck don't want them on the center arm rest.... that's where my arm goes.

Old 05-30-2010, 05:10 PM
crash1
Posting Guru
One thing i found real funny was the fuel door has a spot for exhaust fluid .LOL.gives a hole new meaning to the joke about muffler bearings and muffler oil/fluid/grease.LOL.

Quick Reply: Sheer disappointment in the 2011 Super Duty