1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Magic Air heater emblems

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 11:11 AM
fifty-two_f1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 51 does not have "Ford" on it anywhere so that does not bother me any. Does anyone know for sure if ford actually made their own heaters. I know EA labs made their heaters for the 42-48 cars. So if it can be proven that ford did not make their heaters, then everything should be good. At least I would think. There is a loop hole for everything anymore.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:50 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some time when it's real cold but pretty outside and I would love to just have a heater in my trucks so I COULD JUST GET OUT A DRIVE.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:58 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
These are the restored Magic Air heaters for my two '52 F-1 trucks . Maybe they are a special left over '51 version . Any one have an explanation for the red vs. lt. yellow Magic Air ?

Old 05-01-2010, 09:39 PM
fifty-two_f1
Fleet Mechanic
I think the yellow is faded red. Most of the red faded. Mine was faded. I figure the reason for red is because of the color of the paint in the "FORD" and "F1" on the hood spears and the red on the FORD on the hubcaps. Just a thought. By the way was is the specific color red for the emblems on the hood?

Old 05-06-2010, 06:12 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
So, did anyone from here buy the trim? Sold for $103.

Honestly, I thought about bidding, if the price stayed under $50.

I hope you'll be able to get a few more of these made and sold at a reasonable/affordable price.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:26 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

I did watch the aucton .For $112.00 total .A little steep for my blood . Maybe an FTE member who has contributed alot of info on heaters , boots ,and fresh air tubes could get a volume discount . If not it is off the to my buddys 4 axis CNC shop to see about making them .
Congrats to fifty-two_f1 for making them and a very successful auction .Later , Denny

Old 05-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Well Fifty-two_F1 was hoping the first one would go a little high! Congratualtions on that. I've noticed on e-bay that there are certain things that will stay high like that. I keep waiting for the price to come down but they never do. Good l uck with it.

By the way, someone posted a set of door latches with a drivers side door lock on them tonight. First set with that I've seen in about 8 months.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:13 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
dang I missed it, I would have bid at least 125 for it! I need it to go with my $350 heater I bought a few weeks ago LOL just kidding. But ya just never know with ebay?

Old 05-06-2010, 10:14 PM
fifty-two_f1
Fleet Mechanic
Well I was pleased with it. I will sell these to you guys. I know you need them, but I need to at least need to break even. I will not make the 52 emblem because it says FORD on it. If someone wants to try to have it reproduced go for it! On the other hand I will get busy and set some decals on these blanks and sell them here.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:58 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by fifty-two_f1
Well I was pleased with it. I will sell these to you guys. I know you need them, but I need to at least need to break even. I will not make the 52 emblem because it says FORD on it. If someone wants to try to have it reproduced go for it! On the other hand I will get busy and set some decals on these blanks and sell them here.
That's great news and much appreciated. Please let us know when you post them in the classifieds.

Thanks!

Old 05-07-2010, 10:12 AM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

fifty-two_f1 , keep us posted with a reasonable price / unit or multi unit price . Am still interested . Would like to get them less decals if possible . I will have some decals made with the blue and lt. yellow Magic Air .Thnaks , Denny

Old 05-07-2010, 02:53 PM
fifty-two_f1
Fleet Mechanic
I can have the yellow magic air made if you guys need them. The decal shop that they are made at still has them in the computer so I can just have them change the color. I can do any color combo if anyone wants different colors. It takes me a while to set decals because I am picky about how straight they are. I am sure you guys have had this discussion before and I missed it but what did they used the yellow magic air emblems on? and why did they change colors?

Old 05-07-2010, 03:21 PM
BlueOvalRage
Cargo Master

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Are we sure that some of them were actually yellow and not just faded red? I'm not doubting because I've never seen one in person, but it would seem plausible that red could fade to yellow over time in the sun and red pigment is notorious for fading. The blue on the one in Denny's picture with the yellow script also looks lighter like it might be faded. Perhaps a trucks that was parked with the back window to the east? The morning sun can be brutal.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:32 PM
fifty-two_f1
Fleet Mechanic
Well I forgot to mention that I can sell just the decal or just the emblem these do shine up nice also.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:12 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Have another emblem here that is light yellow . What are the odds that 3 emblems faded to the same light yellow color from red ? The emblem on the top heater in the picture of the 2 restored Magic Air heaters was always light yelow from the day I can first remember riding in it ( the 1ST-RIDE ) with my Grandfather when I was around 6 yrs. old on up thru jr. high riding in it w/ my Dad to the woods and back & forth countless times from the lumber mill where I put in mega hrs . I believe that is why my back is toast .Mentioned that to Dad yrs. later and his reply was (B.S. ) One didn't have much to look at riding in it as the motor cover emblem was front low center .
Fifty-two_f1 , any idea on a brotherly amount for the emblems ?

Quick Reply: Magic Air heater emblems