1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Anyone know of any Dipricol Optix gauge specials?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 05:15 PM
whitesdford
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone know of any Dipricol Optix gauge specials?

Looking for some of these to replace my edge attitude. Does anyone know of any place that may have these on sale, or have a good recommendation for a good place to get some?

Thanks.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:30 PM
hucka1a
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check these out.
Riffraff Diesel: Isspro
http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/mm5/me...Code=F731-PACK
Edit: I know these are not Dipricol's, but something else to consider.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's where I got mine -- give Dennis a call. He'll square you away. BTW, I love mine!!
DiPricol Optix Gauges

Old 11-02-2009, 07:55 PM
strokersace
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I've got a special on a Dipricol electric fuel pressure gauge. Was on the pickup for 4 months and worked flawlessly. Removed only because I'm selling the truck. Bought new from DieselManor for nearly $200. Would part with it for much less!

Old 11-02-2009, 08:55 PM
bigb56
Cargo Master

Received 220 Likes on 150 Posts
Originally Posted by strokersace
I've got a special on a Dipricol electric fuel pressure gauge. Was on the pickup for 4 months and worked flawlessly. Removed only because I'm selling the truck. Bought new from DieselManor for nearly $200. Would part with it for much less!
Is it an Optix, black dial?

Old 11-02-2009, 09:24 PM
bigb56
Cargo Master

Received 220 Likes on 150 Posts
I got my diPricol coolant temp gauge here, now I just need a fuel pressure gauge.

DieselManor - Clearance Items

Old 11-02-2009, 10:18 PM
bdrummonds
Post Fiend
I thought Dipricol went out of buisness last summer. Am I mistaken?

Old 11-02-2009, 10:25 PM
00Dave
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't know about them going out of business, but I got mine from Dennis at itpdiesel.com. He was great to talk with and has a good deal on packages. I would definitely look at his site and compare.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by bdrummonds
I thought Dipricol went out of buisness last summer. Am I mistaken?
They didn't go out of business but many companies stopped carrying them due to import issues since they are made in India. Good looking gauges but I also stopped carrying them due to up to 2 month waits for product and was less than impressed with there warranty.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:29 AM
strokersace
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bigb56
Is it an Optix, black dial?
Yes, black background, black bezel, green led lighting, red pointer. Exactly like factory.

Originally Posted by Riffraff Performance
They didn't go out of business but many companies stopped carrying them due to import issues since they are made in India. Good looking gauges but I also stopped carrying them due to up to 2 month waits for product and was less than impressed with there warranty.
Clay your 2 issues you pointed out are directly related. Companies didn't stop carrying the products just because they're made in India. But because some of their parts come from overseas, there were some lengthy delays in supply which leads to your 2nd point as to why you stopped carrying them.

IMO- they are a great gauge and the closest to factory match. Had zero troubles when I ran them (slideshow has them now). But I never had to use the warranty either.

I know everyone says the Isspro's are exactly like factory, but I've yet to see the EV2 or Performax actually lit up at night while in a truck to compare the stock gauges to them. I've seen a few pics, but I believe they were EV1's and the color contrast is drastically different. But they're made right here in the US of A and I've heard their service is excellent.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:28 AM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
When I replaced my gauges I went with ISSPRO Perfomax from Clay. I like the flexibility you get with Performax. Had a warranty issue and while I was talking to Clay he was simultaneously e-mailing ISSPRO to get me a new sender. Great customer service from Clay and great warranty from ISSPRO.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:15 AM
whitesdford
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If a guy just wanted the standard pyro, tranny, boost setup know, and possibly water temp, etc later, is there a huge advantage of going with the performax setup? That setup is really nice, but really pricy too.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by whitesdford
If a guy just wanted the standard pyro, tranny, boost setup know, and possibly water temp, etc later, is there a huge advantage of going with the performax setup? That setup is really nice, but really pricy too.
The advantage is the ease of install later and that you can data log and have a function they call Total Recall. Depending on your future plans it may be more cost effective to go with the EV2 series. Same gauge face, all electronic senders, but the gauges are directly wired to the senders. Give me a call if you want to talk about the differences in greater detail.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:32 AM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by whitesdford
If you are going to add gauges after an initial install go with the Performax. All the wiring you need to run into cab will have already been done with the initial install of the Performax gauges.

The gauges basically connect to a bus and the info for all the gauges is sent from the ESP out on the bus. Each gauge picks up its own signal off this bus like peripherals you add to your computer using a USB port. This allows you to move gauges from one hole to another, or from one pod to another, without rewiring.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:36 PM
hucka1a
Postmaster
I took a couple of pics for reference
Day.

Night.

Sorry for the fuzzy pics. I'm not much of a photographer...

Quick Reply: Anyone know of any Dipricol Optix gauge specials?