1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

I'm back OT

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking I'm back OT

Hey guys/gals. I fell through the floor of a friend's truck a couple of weeks ago and havent been on here much or done much of anything. I tore up my shoulder pretty good and could hardly move it. So, I could not type very well or do much of anything. But I'm back and will try to get some stuff done in the shop too.

Also while I'm kind of in this mode, I thought we might try to get something going on the subject of " What if you died?" The reason I bring this up is we have some members of FTE that things happen to and they get sick or even die. So I thought if you fine FTE folks would maybe get your spouse's or someone who could tell us if something has happened to you then we (the FTE folks) could possibly pray for your families and such? What do you folks think?

Its just a thought? I know its kind of a morbid thought, but everybody eventually dies and this way we could know what happened to you.

GOD bless yall

Old 09-27-2009, 07:47 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
I had the same thoughts about a "Farewell list". There are a couple of folks on here that seem to have disappeared, I wonder what's up?

Old 09-27-2009, 07:58 PM
EffieFord
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being that most of my friends are online and that I do have health issues...I've always had a list of friends to notify in case something happened to me. I keep it up to date and my family knows there are people online that I would like told in case of my unfortunate demise.

And how do you fall through the floor? Were you try to Flinstone stop it, or what?! Sheesh...can't leave you folks alone for a minute! I'm glad you're doing ok and thanks for letting us know you're ok.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:11 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Some pass on, some step away for awhile, some sell and move on, and some are lurking. The anonymity of the internet makes it difficult to know which is which. There's certainly some I wonder what's happened to.

As an aside, my grandfather is terminally ill from cancer, my grandmother's suffering from Alz., and watching my mother, and her brothers and sisters, it's evident that not knowing what to do with all of his stuff is going to be a huge problem. It has given me awareness to figuring out a plan on what to do with all of my stuff, cuz I sure have a lot of rusty crap that the wife has no interest in keeping. And the two daughters are living with our former SO's many, many miles away. So if I should pass, I would hope some fellow FTE folks can benefit by taking my stuff. Not something I normally think about, but given the current circumstances, I do. Unfortunately a few years from now when everything is back to "normal", The cycle will likely start all over again. Such as it is.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/4...e-are-you.html
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...on-please.html

Old 09-27-2009, 08:17 PM
olebob4950
Freshman User
Yeh TRUXX you must think your old Fred. Glald your OK. I think that you have a good idea. I had to have 5 bypass surgrey and never had a chest pain. 1 was 99% one at 95% and three at 70%. My bad colestrol is 71. you never know.Lets all say a prayer for each other. Bob

Old 09-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by EffieFord
Being that most of my friends are online and that I do have health issues...I've always had a list of friends to notify in case something happened to me. I keep it up to date and my family knows there are people online that I would like told in case of my unfortunate demise.

And how do you fall through the floor? Were you try to Flinstone stop it, or what?! Sheesh...can't leave you folks alone for a minute! I'm glad you're doing ok and thanks for letting us know you're ok.

Thanks Melissa. The truck had only the front part of the floor in it and had a brace behind the door opening that was "supposed to be welded" into place. My buddy did NOT weld it just wedged it into place. I was leaning across the truck to get a pair of vice grips and put my hand on it to hold my self up and thats when it fell and I fell completely through the floor and on my head. No damage there, but it did a number on my poor arm and shoulder.

I would like to see some kind of thing for us to keep up with each other on the other issue so we would know about each other and our health issues.

Thanks for reading guys/gals and GOD bless

Old 09-27-2009, 10:12 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
I know exactly what would happen when I expire. My wife will call in a scrap dealer and have him haul everything away. I doubt she'd pay the guy anything to do it, she'd just be glad it's gone. I told my boys that the minute the doctor gives me a short prognosis I'm coming home and selling everything so I can enjoy the money I'll get for the "junk", as they put it, that I've been amassing over the years. If I can help it I'm not leaving anyone with the chance of cashing in my "junk".

As for notifying this board about my departure, my wife wouldn't care the least. Some day some one will just have to notice I'm no longer posting. No one else other than Dumtrkr, knows me personally and he's moving out of state so I guess we might lose contact after a while so I'll be on my own. If I can I'll pound out a final message with my last dieing breath to let you all know I'm leaving.

Old 09-28-2009, 02:24 PM
9teen56f100
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Truxx1956
Hey guys/gals. I fell through the floor of a friend's truck a couple of weeks ago and havent been on here much or done much of anything. I tore up my shoulder pretty good and could hardly move it. So, I could not type very well or do much of anything. But I'm back and will try to get some stuff done in the shop too.

Also while I'm kind of in this mode, I thought we might try to get something going on the subject of " What if you died?" The reason I bring this up is we have some members of FTE that things happen to and they get sick or even die. So I thought if you fine FTE folks would maybe get your spouse's or someone who could tell us if something has happened to you then we (the FTE folks) could possibly pray for your families and such? What do you folks think?

Its just a thought? I know its kind of a morbid thought, but everybody eventually dies and this way we could know what happened to you.

GOD bless yall

Truxx,
Sorry to here of your accident. God speed on your recovery.

As for the other thought; I think it is a good idea to ask someone to post on your behalf. There are a couple folks out there unaccounted for who I hope are just lurking in the shadows.
brian...

Old 09-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Talking

I agree Brain, I just didnt know how to bring up the subject? I've been on here a little "lurking" but not posting since he accident. Plus I've been very depressed with not getting any work done between the shoulder and just "stuff" I'd like to hear from some of the ones that have not been posting lately.

Thanks guys for the nice words. I'm tryin to "recover" and behave myself and not lift too much or anything.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:05 AM
EffieFord
Senior User
Thanks guys for the nice words. I'm tryin to "recover" and behave myself and not lift too much or anything.
You would probably be ok lifting Krispy Kreme donuts. Donuts don't weigh much and would make you feel lots better I bet.

Sounds kinda rough falling through the floor like that. Hope it gets to feeling better soon so you can get out there and work on your trucks. I better see you with one at the show next year.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:21 AM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Talking

If nothing bad happens, I'm goin to be there next year in Pegysu. I have some small changes to make in her, but we'll be there (GOD willing)

As for the donuts, there are no Krispy Kreme's around here

Old 09-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Hammer53
Freshman User
Truxx,
Glad you are Ok! Thoses kind of things happen so fast! and you never think it will happen to you.

Take the time to heal completely, Pegysu will wait.
John

Old 09-29-2009, 07:54 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Truxx, I have one question, how do you fall through a floor with your feet and hurt your shoulder, huuuuuuuummmmmmm, I think Melissa"s idea should make you feel better for sure, probably what he was thinking about when he fell through the floor, I can see you now Truxx
with visions of Krispy Kremes running through your head.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:24 PM
eman92082
Cargo Master
Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts
I agree Brain, I just didnt know how to bring up the subject? I've been on here a little "lurking" but not posting since he accident. Plus I've been very depressed with not getting any work done between the shoulder and just "stuff" I'd like to hear from some of the ones that have not been posting lately.
About a year ago I slipped and fell in the shower which destroyed both of my wrists breaking my fall. As a Musician I was done, and as a Fabricator, I could not hold a pencil. It was really depressing. I am about 80% now but not without cost. It is a tough subject to bring up. I didn't, and I'm glad you did.

These folks are a generous lot and you don't need to lurk......

Old 09-29-2009, 09:38 PM
cmoritz
Posting Guru
Terry,..good to hear you didn't break your neck..but I do think your idea is morbid..LoL!

I'll try and see If I can get Momma Bear to let you all know when I go...so FTE will get
1st choice thru my junk pile...don't say I wasn't thinking of ya'll...Welcome Back!

Quick Reply: I'm back OT