1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Starting a bussines, factible?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Rolojero
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Starting a bussines, factible?

Hello, my name is Bruno and i write from Los Cabos, Mexico.

My home town is in Sinaloa state, and there are plenty of small countys of farmer people, very old houses and very large pieces of land.

Recently i was over there, and i was aware that there are huge amounts of old trucks and cars, old ones, very different makers and models, and i came with the idea of rescuing parts and start a bussines over internet.

Right now, i'm working in a Ford F100 1965 Pickup, and i have some parts that i haven't find (front windshield, grille, steering wheel, door of the box) and surfing trought the internet, i have found, that is not easy to find those parts, well i have find some, but i'm looking for parts in excellent shape.

Do you think, it could be a bussines? i mean, if there were a internet website selling original parts of trucks and cars, 1970 down, and sell them? or is not to much market for it?

I send you greetings from Cabo!! if you have some of the parts i'm looking for, please send me an email!!

Bruno.
brunolojero@hotmail.com

Old 05-08-2009, 04:43 PM
BorisPalance
New User
Que tal Bruno,

I think it's a great idea if you can get the parts to EEUU for cheap. How would you transport them? I live in Jalisco MX 2 months out of the year and have thought of doing the same thing. The only way I can think of getting parts across the frontera is by driving.

You would have to consider the cost of the trip against how much you would make on selling the parts etc.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:10 PM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Bruno, I say with respect, find someone with the best English to work with you. There are several people in the US that would take all the parts that you can deliver. I have a hard time understanding fully what you posted.

Getting them across the border would be a big issue. It is a long way as BorisPalance has suggested.

I can put you in touch with someone, and there are others in the north east of the US that can't get rust free parts.

Hope it works out for you,

John

Old 05-08-2009, 10:01 PM
gangstakr
Logistics Pro
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
I sent you an email rolojero.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:58 AM
drof46
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I personaly would not order parts from mexico over the internet. I would have no recourse if the deal went south. If you can get the parts to America as stated then do your business from there. I believe you would have a much better response. Your other option is to have people come down and buy a truckload at a time and then they haul it back to the US. I'm sure theres a way but these are just my thoughts.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:09 PM
BorisPalance
New User
The parts would have to be in the states before they could be sold. Otherwise, the buyer would have to pay additional shipping charges and possible boarder taxes etc. Hauling parts across the boarder could be a little stressful.

The way to do it would be to have a connection in the states that could "house" the parts, set-up an internet based biz and ship from within the states. Not too hard with the right system in place.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Rolojero
New User
Hello, Thanks for the quick responses!!

I see what you mean, i been thinking about it and i agree with you that the main issue, is to get the parts into the states, without becoming to expensive.

I'm working on my 1965 f100, and is very exciting, and right now i have found, that i can get almost any part over the internet!!

If i can find a way to send some parts over there, i will post the idea for you, i mean, that maybe not be my main activity, but, i'm kind of getting very interested in the renewal of cars and trucks.

Thanks again for the posts, and i will keep on asking you guys!!

Also i will try to explain myself better in english =)

Old 05-11-2009, 04:09 PM
daveengelson
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
First and foremost Welcome to FTE I did not have problems with your english, have read worse, and few of mine have not been all that good.

Over the past several years I have been buying parts for my (2) 65 Ford F100's and it seems these vintage trucks are becoming very popular, whether whole or in parts, and many of the items I bought off ebay. I have seen sellers from a number of different countries but don't recall seeing any from Mexico. Rolojero, I am not an authority on ebay, but it may be worth checking into. A sellers can set it up to where the price, and cost of shipping can be converted into any currency, and they can set it up for discount shipping for more than 1 item. To begin with, may want to sell small items for few months to build up a high' feedback' rating, I would not have a problem purchasing from ebay seller living outside the US. That being said, may be different buying from a resident of another country off Craig's list. Anyhow, I would be interested on your progress.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Elder User
i would think, that if you were able to get the parts into the "rust belt" that there would be very little issue selling the parts, ive heard many people not wanting to buy aftermarket parts if original parts are avaliable. i know id be interested in some front end parts.

ill admit i don't know anything about crossing the border with truck loads of parts. but if it can be done cheaply i'd say do it, and be sure to keep us posted on progress.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:29 AM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Bruno, I just Googled your address, shipping is going to be a challenge from where you are, but if you work at it I'm sure you can make it happen.

John