Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner
View Poll Results: What Should We Do?
Flowers from FTE & RHN
54.24%
Donation through Pay Pal
59.32%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

What Should We Do For Marks' Rememberence?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 07:46 AM
zx250
Of the next Riffraff East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't even know if this is possible, but as much as Mark loved his truck and came to love this site, I think he would love it if we could figure out a way to do a FTE scholarship type program. Don't even ask me for details, cause I ain't got none. You smart people can figure out the details and what the money would go to. I'm sure it would have to be handled outside the FTE domain, but still could be used to purchase deserving members supported badges and such. I know how much it meant when someone helped Mark with his badge.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:47 AM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thats cool Jim and Pat, i remember something about that issue and just wanted to pop that in there without being ignorant. I,m with you guys as to the donation or care package you all decide, wouldn't miss this for the world. Let me know...

Old 03-01-2009, 07:57 AM
beanhead6D5
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For all the guys helping out and making arrangements,you guys are OUTSTANDING.and I know Mark is proud to call all of you friends.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:02 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
What ever the choice.. and I may even sound kind of stingy here ( because I want to witness it) but I hope that it could be given at the service.. Maybe through Dan.. he is the closes, and less chance of it not happening ( you know, incase one of us other break down on the way.. or whatever )

Old 03-01-2009, 08:39 AM
danskool
Go Bills !
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Yea, I can do it. I just looked @ my paypal is "O" So easy to track incoming. I can keep you all posted along the way. I never did a big group hug before but all i think you have to do is go into paypal and send money and enter my email address? I think that is how it works. But i have a question. How do i send myself a donation? So i can contribute. Let me know what you think.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:58 AM
Markssoninlaw
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Morning, I just wanted to provide the link for my dad's death notice. Have been logging on here and there to keep up with these incredible posts. Would love to see some FTE family at the memorial service on Saturday. Kristin
The Buffalo News

Old 03-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Texas Outlaw
Not a liberal...
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I like Cris' idea of flowers and a donation. I also like the Semper Fi fund. I have a Paypal account and am ready to donate. Just give me the address.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:04 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
A quick copy and paste

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark Douglas Strauch
STRAUCH - Mark Douglas Of Charlotte, NC, began his journey on the eternal highway on February 26, 2009. Born on September 8, 1943 to Weston and May Patricia Strauch (Sullivan). He is survived by his father, Weston of New Orleans, LA; loving father of Kristin (Phil) Puckett of Chicago, IL, Justin (Amy) Strauch of Lancaster, NY and Samantha (Brian) Pilote of East Aurora, NY; former wife, Sharon Grahner of Akron; brother of Kathy (John) Gennuso of Dry Ridge, KY and Laura Perkins of Owenton, KY; special PaPa to P.J., Aubrie, Ethan, Lauren and Paige; preceded in death by his mother, May Patricia Sullivan; stepfather, Harley Berglund; son, Mark Shannon and granddaughter, Grace; also survived by many nieces, nephews, lifelong racing friends and the FTE. Semper Fi Memorial Service and celebration of his life to be held on Saturday, March 7th, 2009 from 12:00-4:00 P.M. at the VFW Post 7275, 3741 Walden Ave, Lancaster, NY 14086.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:09 AM
danskool
Go Bills !
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Markssoninlaw
Good Morning, I just wanted to provide the link for my dad's death notice. Have been logging on here and there to keep up with these incredible posts. Would love to see some FTE family at the memorial service on Saturday. Kristin
The Buffalo News
Thanks for the Update.. I was just heading out to get the buffalo news to see if it was in there.. The car is running.. I know exactly were that is.. Less 5 minutes away. We are neighbors for sure... That was the info information i was looking for. Thank you for keeping us updated. .. Thoughts and prayers for you and family.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:14 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
263 miles.. 4 hrs.. 41 mins.. Should be less then a tank of gas round trip...Being that its over so early.. might just head home that night as well..

Old 03-01-2009, 09:38 AM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Great job on posting that up Pat.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:40 AM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
If a scholarship is decided, I can set one up at the Sierra College Foundation with one phone call (it is where I have taught for 20+ years). Anyway, I hope everyone signs Mark's Guest Book at this link.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:46 AM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Markssoninlaw
The Buffalo News
My deepest condolances to you and all your family, Mark was great, really gonna miss him. Great idea Neal..

Last edited by big poppa; 03-01-2009 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Marks GB from Neal
Old 03-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 844 Likes on 642 Posts
Is there something being set up so that people like me who live way too far away to make it, contribute something to the family?

Old 03-01-2009, 10:09 AM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Im in for whatever is decided. I just need to know how to get money from the great white north down there.

Quick Reply: What Should We Do For Marks' Rememberence?