Sponsored by: DP Tuner

4 dtc codes at once????

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 04:18 PM
xccxsinnerx
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 dtc codes at once????

i was drivin down the freeway yesterday at 70mph and felt like seeing how fast i could go so i goosed the gas pedal and hit 90mph when i looked down and seen the check engine light so i get to my destination and read the dtc codes and this is what i got *0238-turbo charger boost sensor A circuit high....*0603-internal control module keep alive memory error.....*0732-gear 2 incorrect ratio and *0733-gear 3 incorrect ratio......now the check engine light stayed on for about 20 second and went off then after i read and cleared the codes they havent come back on the truck seems to drive ok i think the turbo might be a little noisey but not sure if i am just being paranoid .....what do you guys think? do the transmission codes mean i should probably do a tranny service on the truck? ive only put 3k miles on it since i bought it and whats up with the turbo error?

by the way this is a 2002 f-350 130kmiles afe 2 stage intake and 4inch staight exhaust and power pup set on 75hp

Old 12-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
If the codes didn't come back after normal driving, I wouldn't worry about it.

From the sounds of it, you got an overboost code. Does your truck have a chip or programmer?

Old 12-07-2008, 05:45 PM
xccxsinnerx
Junior User
yes i have a power pup installed on it at 75hp ( im getting a dp-tuner for xmas)...also have a boost gauge but i believe it does not work properly because it usually only reads around 5lbs under w.o.t

Old 12-07-2008, 06:03 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Does your boost gauge register anything when you're not at WOT? Check the little tube to make sure it's not cracked at one of the fittings.

I'll agree with Curtis on the CEL issues.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:21 PM
xccxsinnerx
Junior User
yeah exactly i can be at 2k rpm and it will show no boost but if i floor it then it will register 5 maybe 8lbs of boost i plan on chasing the air line and seeing if there are any crackes or leaking fittings tomorrow in the day light i just wanted to make sure my turbo wasnt gunna take a dump or my tranny go out although i still plan on servicing my trans and transfer case next pay day ..... i should use 18 qts of mercon right?

Old 12-07-2008, 09:46 PM
cangim
Postmaster
Here are my thoughts: I would check the lines to the gauge as you already indicated. My guess is you don't have any type of shift kit in the tranny. The codes thrown are probably from excessive slippage when you mash the pedal. If you are going to change the fluid, I'd recommend putting in a transgo tugger while you are there, it is around 100 but will definately firm up the shifts. Do you know if the trans has ever been rebuilt? Did it have the mods on the truck prior to you taking over ownership? Trans in stock form are definately the weakest link.

Old 12-08-2008, 05:25 PM
xccxsinnerx
Junior User
yeah i bought the truck already with all the mods on it and i have been slowly fixing and replacing everything on the truck one thing at a time it seems like ..as far as i know the tranny is stock never rebuilt it doesnt shift like it has a kit in it ... is that a shift kit or some sort of module that you are recomending?

Old 12-08-2008, 08:00 PM
cangim
Postmaster
There are two main options, you can choose for yourself, the transgo tugger is a shift kit that you would install the parts into. A BTS Valve body you can order from brians truck shop.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:27 PM
xccxsinnerx
Junior User
what would be the betterway ? is the shift kit some thing i can install myself or does it need to go to the shop?

Old 12-08-2008, 09:56 PM
cangim
Postmaster
If you are fair to middle in mechanic skills, then you could definately do it yourself. Read this thread it has quite a bit of questions answered in it.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...shift-kit.html

Old 12-08-2008, 10:07 PM
bdrummonds
Post Fiend
I ran a power puppy for a long while after they first came out.

603 is a normal code for a downloader (Keep Alive Memory is what KAM stands for)

the boost code is because you are pushing over 22PSI of boost from the turbo, and do not have a MAP fooler, look here Overboost Annihilator - Reviews

did you have the puppy program the tranny when you uploaded the 75Hp tune? if so then your trans is slipping.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:20 PM
xccxsinnerx
Junior User
yeah i did have the power pup program the tranny too but my tranny hasnt been acting wierd also my power pup decided it wants to reject my truck now and say mismatch ecm or something do right now i dont know whats going on with the programming

Old 12-09-2008, 09:05 PM
xccxsinnerx
Junior User
hey guys i was checking out my air line from turbo to gauge and the line looks ok but there is some play back and forth in the line where it connects to the gauge could this be my problem with the boost gauge not working right????

Old 12-09-2008, 09:30 PM
bdrummonds
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by xccxsinnerx
hey guys i was checking out my air line from turbo to gauge and the line looks ok but there is some play back and forth in the line where it connects to the gauge could this be my problem with the boost gauge not working right????
yep, could be. It sounds like the ferrule has come loose. Is the nut cross threaded, can you tighten it?

Old 12-10-2008, 04:30 PM
xccxsinnerx
Junior User
looks like everything is tight and has thread sealer on it but the airline just doesnt seem to be held in tight enough

Quick Reply: 4 dtc codes at once????