Sponsored by: DP Tuner

DP-TUNER turnaround.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 11:55 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DP-TUNER turnaround.

I know DP is closed today till monday, but does anyone know the time line to get the chip back after a reburn? I know they are busy with the F-6 deal, but have any of you guys heard from them the time to reburn and send back?

Old 11-21-2008, 11:57 AM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Finally getting it re-burned for the new shiny Turbo Rick? I have heard of 4 day turnarounds before in normal situations

Old 11-21-2008, 11:58 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Originally Posted by UP_There
Finally getting it re-burned for the new shiny Turbo Rick? I have heard of 4 day turnarounds before in normal situations

Not the turbo Travis, the sticks that are on the way.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Jody will turn it that day Rick, as long as there are no extenuating circumstances. It's just a matter of where you are and what kind of shipping you use. I used express and had mine back in like 3 or 4 days. Can't remember exactly...

Old 11-21-2008, 12:03 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Originally Posted by Izzy351
Jody will turn it that day Rick, as long as there are no extenuating circumstances. It's just a matter of where you are and what kind of shipping you use. I used express and had mine back in like 3 or 4 days. Can't remember exactly...
Thanks Joe. I don't want to send it to early, but I need it back around Dec. 4-5. Heck, while it's gone, I might brush the dust of the old Superchip.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:08 PM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by miller_feed
Thanks Joe. I don't want to send it to early, but I need it back around Dec. 4-5. Heck, while it's gone, I might brush the dust of the old Superchip.
That's sorta like feeding your favorite horse rotten hay!

Old 11-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
At least he can run SOMETHING Travis!! I ran around stock while mine was out getting reburned and HATED IT BIG TIME!!! No more of that though since I can just go meet Tony after work at his place...

Old 11-21-2008, 12:12 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

That's sorta like feeding your favorite horse rotten hay!
LOL, I know. It's either that or stock. I would like to have a chance to experence the difference again. Next time I run the DP, I will have the new sticks in. Not much hope for the Superchip.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:19 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

At least he can run SOMETHING Travis!! I ran around stock while mine was out getting reburned and HATED IT BIG TIME!!! No more of that though since I can just go meet Tony after work at his place...

Joe, I have thought about going to see TW. I have the DP now and I like the switch too. I just wish we didn't have to repay for reburns.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:41 PM
joegebff
Gone Fishin for Mark

Hmmmm.......

Old 11-21-2008, 12:42 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
I did like the F5, and now the F6 is a really nice solution, since you'll be able to burn your own tunes. No more waiting on shipping!! But yeah, the reburn thing I KNEW was going to get me, so that made the decision easy. I really don't miss the switch, but I definitely like the tunes!!! New turbo next week, then new sticks the following month (as long as everything falls in place), and we'll be in business. One thing I've noticed with stock sticks and turbo is that I run out of ballz at highway speeds very easily. I'm tired of stepping on the go pedal at 70mph and having not a lot left. This turbo & sticks should fix that...

Old 11-21-2008, 12:57 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Originally Posted by joegebff
Hmmmm.......
Joe, Dec. 6/7. And you know where.. I think Roland may be coming by himself, not sure yet. The fishing is still good here. Love to have you back.

I did like the F5, and now the F6 is a really nice solution, since you'll be able to burn your own tunes. No more waiting on shipping!! But yeah, the reburn thing I KNEW was going to get me, so that made the decision easy. I really don't miss the switch, but I definitely like the tunes!!! New turbo next week, then new sticks the following month (as long as everything falls in place), and we'll be in business. One thing I've noticed with stock sticks and turbo is that I run out of ballz at highway speeds very easily. I'm tired of stepping on the go pedal at 70mph and having not a lot left. This turbo & sticks should fix that...
I have been enjoying my turbo, but after Dec. 6/7, the sticks will be in place. This should be the last of the major mods for me. I think after this reburn of the DP, I should be good for a while. I don't see more reburns in the near future.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:05 PM
UP_There
Lead Driver
I New turbo next week, then new sticks the following month (as long as everything falls in place), and we'll be in business.
Temporarily you mean! Then onto big Oil.....then BTS....then....and then......

Old 11-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by miller_feed
Joe, Dec. 6/7. And you know where.. I think Roland may be coming by himself, not sure yet. The fishing is still good here. Love to have you back.

I have been enjoying my turbo, but after Dec. 6/7, the sticks will be in place. This should be the last of the major mods for me. I think after this reburn of the DP, I should be good for a while. I don't see more reburns in the near future.
You never know!! I had to reburn for the tranny mods, now for the turbo change, then when I get sticks. After that, who knows. Read on...

Temporarily you mean! Then onto big Oil.....then BTS....then....and then......
Don't need big oil with single-shot injectors. Because there's no "pilot shot" like there is on split shot injectors, all the available HP oil goes to the main injection event. Rich-WhiteBuffalo is running Swamps SS sticks on stock oil and maintains 3000psi all day long....

Tranny you have a point on...

Old 11-21-2008, 02:08 PM
nissandoc
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rick, I couldnt stand the thought of driving stock, so when I sold my F5 and was waiting for the F6 to arrive I just let the old gal sit. Didnt even put the pcm back in.

Quick Reply: DP-TUNER turnaround.