Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Did I get the right injector???

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Futuresweets-10
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did I get the right injector???

I am having one of my injectors replaced in the AM and the new one just came. GOOD LORD that thing is HUGE compaired to what I was expecting.... Anyway, I just wanted to check with you guys and make sure I got the correct one. My truck is an 01 4wd crew cab. I got the AD injector. Thanks guys.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:38 PM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
You're good, that's the right one.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:10 PM
PETE'S_6.0PSD
Postmaster
LOL if it looks like alien spacecraft and weights bout 4# thats it, and as Chase said AD is the correct injector for your truck...

Old 10-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Futuresweets-10
Elder User
Next interesting question... Anyone who has been following my plight through my threads over the past few weeks knows that I am replaceing the injector because it got some trash in it and wont spray. If the injector is as big as it is, what the hell kind of trash would get stuck in it? A yacht maybe? An old tire possibly?

Old 10-29-2008, 06:13 PM
PETE'S_6.0PSD
Postmaster
well dirty fuel will clogged up the holes , which are thinner than your hair, bout 1/2 of it, you can faintly see them on the tip of the injector.
but it might be your lucky shot to block all 7 of them.
you sure its clogged , and you didnt have harness problem? and how did you test which one is bad?

Old 10-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Futuresweets-10
Elder User
Originally Posted by PETE'S_7.3PSD
well dirty fuel will clogged up the holes , which are thinner than your hair, bout 1/2 of it, you can faintly see them on the tip of the injector.
but it might be your lucky shot to block all 7 of them.
you sure its clogged , and you didnt have harness problem? and how did you test which one is bad?

If you search for my threads over the past two weeks you can get the entire story, but heres a summary. I know my fuel system was ****ed up from dirty fuel and it was running bad. I dropped the tank and cleaned it out, did the hutch mod, and put it backtogether. I put a scrw on baldwin filter right before the pump and flushed the lines. Then replaced the factory filter and cleaned out the bowl. The truck still had the same problem. A few guys on here said it was probably an injector. I took it to a buddys shop and he put it on scanner. The Buzz test came back fine (all 8 fired off), but when he did the cylinder tests (or what ever its called) it showed cylinder two not getting enough fuel. Through countless threads on here and through my buddy that checked it out we all determined that the injector must have crap in it.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:27 PM
PETE'S_6.0PSD
Postmaster
ok , that would explain it. did you get a set of O-rings for new injector? make sure you have them if they didnt come with it...(lube the injector with clean oil before you pound it in)
and changing one its a breeze, especially that you going to have new one in the other hand. after you replace it, take a braker bar and just crank the motor few revolutions just to get fuel and oil out of the cylinder, if it locks while you turn by hand, just remove GP in this cylinder and spin again(make sure put the rag over the hole otherwise you going to have a lot of cleaning). it should turn easy. thank crank it up , might run a little rough for a hour or so. you need to work out the air out of oil and fuel system..

Old 10-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Futuresweets-10
Elder User
Originally Posted by PETE'S_7.3PSD
ok , that would explain it. did you get a set of O-rings for new injector? make sure you have them if they didnt come with it...(lube the injector with clean oil before you pound it in)
and changing one its a breeze, especially that you going to have new one in the other hand. after you replace it, take a braker bar and just crank the motor few revolutions just to get fuel and oil out of the cylinder, if it locks while you turn by hand, just remove GP in this cylinder and spin again(make sure put the rag over the hole otherwise you going to have a lot of cleaning). it should turn easy. thank crank it up , might run a little rough for a hour or so. you need to work out the air out of oil and fuel system..

I assme the O rings are already on the injector. I am having a shop do the install so hopefully I wont need any of those pointers