Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Dp Tuner Hum

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 07:40 AM
roger99
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dp Tuner Hum

I CALLED JODY A FEW WEEKS AGO WITH A TEC ? HE SAID HE WOULD GET BACK WITH ME NEVER DID AND NOW MY BROTHER -INLAW CALLD JODY MONDAY TOLD HIM WHAT HE WANTED AND JODY GIVE HIM A PRICE TOLD HIM HE SHOULD SEE IT THIS WEEK BUT JODY CALLED HIM BACK ON FRIDAY AND TOLD HIM THE PRICE WAS SOME WHERE AROUND$140.00 MORE HE HAD MADE A MISTAKE NOW THAT IS BS . I KNOW WHEN I LOOK AT A JOB AND GIVE SOMEONE A PRICE IT WIL BE THAT NO MATTER WHAT I GUESS WE SHOULD HAVE WENT WITH A TONY WILDMAN .
I KNOW OF 6 PEOPLE THAT WAS GOING TO ORDER A DP I GUESS NOW WE WILL SEND THEM TO TONY

Old 10-04-2008, 08:18 AM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I have asked questions of other vendors and didn't get a response either. Some took awhile to answer back, but did respond. I realize that running a business is time consuming. Sometimes, I get fustrated and go somewhere else. Even though I sent an email to Jody (per Diane's request) about single shot injector programming a few weeks ago and didn't get a response, I am still confident in their company and will continue to deal with them for my tuning needs . I can't explain the pricing problem, but at least he called back.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:18 AM
bdrummonds
Post Fiend
Roger, not that I am defending Jody, but, to come on in a forum that they sponsor and start bashing them is very uncool. Everybody makes a mistake now and then.

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A VENDOR, CALL AND TALK WITH THEM DIRECTLY AND GET IT RESOLVED.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:21 AM
bkcowboss
Posting Guru
This is the first complaint that I have heard about Jody....right now they are real busy with changes going on, but I can garantee that they do not realize that you have an issue with products or questions because they (Jody and Diane) are not like that. I think you will find that you are almost the only person who has had a negative experience with them. Take a minute on Monday and call Diane, let her know the issues that you have with them and I garantee she will at least attempt to make it right, and that it will be more than fair. The are great people, very very busy, but they will not leave your issues unresolved if it is at all possible to resolve them.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:31 AM
roger99
Junior User
Im Not Bashing Just The Truth So I Guess The Truth Is Un Cool
I Run A Business Also And If I Make A Mistake And I Do
I Suck It Up And Go On Just To Make Them Happy Because I Want Them To Come Back

Old 10-04-2008, 08:39 AM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you know what you want why don't you just order it through the online order forum instead of trying to call him or call Dennis at ITP. Jody and Diane are a small company like maybe one or two peope besides them they handle hundreds of customers a day, they make mistakes and sometimes they slip, it took me a couple of days to get a hold of them one time. Just e-mail them, PM Diane from here and they will get back to you.

Its rather immature to just come right out bashing them and acting this way.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Markadeck
Gone, but not forgotten
Originally Posted by bdrummonds
Roger, not that I am defending Jody, but, to come on in a forum that they sponsor and start bashing them is very uncool. Everybody makes a mistake now and then.

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A VENDOR, CALL AND TALK WITH THEM DIRECTLY AND GET IT RESOLVED.
I read this post almost the instant it appeared. I just went ho-hum, and figured that with the Tipton's reputation here at FTE no one would even respond to this post. But folks did anyway. You can bet it will be resolved. There is something else going on down there right now as I sent them an e-mail completely unrelated to their tuner business and have not received a reply. That tells me they are tied up with something else right now.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:51 AM
roger99
Junior User
Im Not Saying I Dont Like My Dp Tuner It Works Grate On My Part I Had A ? He Never Got Back With Me And I Tell A Few About Dp Tuner THEN He Calls Jody And Gets A Price And Tells Jody To Make It Then Price Jumps A Bunch So Would You Think

Old 10-04-2008, 08:55 AM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
You are right Justin, they ARE small, and they actually are even smaller than you said. They are only Jody and Diane as far as I know. They used to have another guy that was helping but he was on a contract, since then I believe it is just Diane and Jody doing it all. Call them and discuss your issue with them Roger. They are a great customer service company and will work your problems out.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Markadeck
Gone, but not forgotten
Originally Posted by roger99
Im Not Saying I Dont Like My Dp Tuner It Works Grate On My Part I Had A ? He Never Got Back With Me And I Tell A Few About Dp Tuner THEN He Calls Jody And Gets A Price And Tells Jody To Make It Then Price Jumps A Bunch So Would You Think
Trying to make any sense out of your posts is a little difficult. For me anyway. The above really says nothing.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Automator
Elder User
Roger99: I understand your frustration and perhaps a different approach was in order in the initial posting, perhaps starting with not shouting (CAPS). I am going through an issue with a resource found through FTE as well.

Aside from the approach, I question if we need to not say anything about a sponsor here. Don't know about the rest, but I don't believe that "buys" me.

On the DP tuner issue, I don't have a chip yet and what I have heard here and elsewhere says that they will straighten this out fairly. They do seem to have a great reputation, and that is the reason they have been successful. I doubt that approach will change.

Time for all to "chill out" and let the problem be solved.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:08 AM
roger99
Junior User
I Understand They Are 2 People And I Have Talked To Them And Im Not Saying They Are Not Nice People But Maybe They Need To Add Some Help To Keep Things Like This From Going On Now How Many Of You Would Not Be Mad If You Ordered Something Then The Price Jump Over 100.00 That Is Why My Brother-inlaw Is Mad. He Taked To Jody On The Phone Told Him What He Wanted. He Called Me Told Me He Had Just Ordered A Dp And Could Not Wait To Get It I Jsut Hate That I Was The One Who Told Him To Call Jody

Old 10-04-2008, 09:11 AM
roger99
Junior User
PS IM NOT shouting did not know that ment that

Old 10-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Automator
Elder User
Online etiquette dictates that CAPITALIZATION is yelling.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:15 PM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend

Roger99-You came off as trying to bash Jody and Diane and get people to go to tony instead of them. Jody and Diane are good friends of everyone here and frequent this board regularly. Everyone understands frustration when a company isn't on top of it as you expect.

Quick Reply: Dp Tuner Hum