1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

frame primer pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 07:06 AM
54-4U2C
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is it when someone else makes progress on their truck I feel better? I'm still many months away from driving mine, it definitely inspires me.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:09 AM
nytling92
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Great looking frame!! What type frontend is that? Really like the treatment you are giving it with the smoothed out welds, the top color should look REAL good on there.

Bobby, you are a man after my own heart, although I don't drink many I have a frosty one everyday, actually and thankfully reccommended by my Dr. after I had a kidney stone.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:10 AM
19fifty4
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
John,

Really apprecaite the pics. Very nice work!

Mike

Old 09-16-2008, 08:14 AM
mt54
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John,
the frame looks great, nice job.
I see the portable paint booth worked out pretty well.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:08 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jniolon
fridge... that fan will push some air but can't find a alternator that will handle it.

John,
I got your alternator right here... Seriously, I do know of one that will do the job and it's not one of those bling-bl;ing thiks the deaf kids use to drive their thumper stereos. Back in the mid '90s Ford used a special alternator in their ambulance package vehicles. It is a 165 amp Leece-Neville, (now Prestolite I believe). I have a '93 Ambulance package 7.3 E-350 diesel van with one. Don't go to Ford for it because even with fleet discount it will be over $600.00. I have bought new ones for less than $450.00 but by now you ought to be able to find them in some junk yards. they were used on big trucks a lot. I don't know what engine you are going with but most likely you will have to fabricate a mounting bracket. Any good rebuild shop should be able to get you any type pulley you want. I put one on a the engine in the cabin cruiser I used to have and I drove it with two belts. I had a lot of electrical equipment I added and three big batteries. Thoe original 30 amp alternator could not keep up and it used to get really hot.

Later Man...

Old 09-16-2008, 09:47 AM
birdman1
Elder User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice job John. I'm like Havi--I like that "frame turning stand" you built. With the pipe and bolt at the center, it appears you can turn the frame 360 degrees? Sweet--Gotta like that, again that's nice work.
Mike

Old 09-16-2008, 12:09 PM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 726 Likes on 259 Posts
Originally Posted by 54-4U2C
Why is it when someone else makes progress on their truck I feel better? I'm still many months away from driving mine, it definitely inspires me.
Ron

the reason is because of cellular level chemical transfererance of blue oval endorphins.. it's common knowledge that organs and body parts when severed will seek out their own cell types and try to join thus repairing damage ... progress made by any Ford builder/owner/lover causes endorphins to be released and they are transferred through our computers thru the internet to "others" of the same cell type (read Ford builder/owner/lovers all over the information cul-de-sac where we reside.

You know sometimes when you have a rush or a good feeling when you're just sitting there wasting truck time surfing the net or looking at **** ??? well, some FTE guy got a bot threaded or a pinion angle set and them little endorphins are a swimming all over the net like packets on a token ring and they found you and pumped you up ... kinda like crack for a junkie... although be warned.... if you're looking at **** that rush might not be FTE endorphins... but that's another subject...

Mike...

time permitting this p.m. I'm gonna make a sketch of the cow cooker and some dimensions, material, etc and see if I can reverse engineer something that someone else can use... I've seen this same turner on the net 'somewhere' but I don't remember if there was a cut list with it or not... more to come......

nytling... that's a modified Heidt's crossmember

Old 09-16-2008, 05:41 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nytling
You've beenon this forum since 2001 and you ask that question?
Thats Funny!

Old 09-16-2008, 06:02 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Well, I asked at work how much a 24' piece of 2.5" square tube, 1/4" wall, would cost. I was quoted $190.00! Boy, has the price of steel gone up!

A frosty everyday for kidney stone prevention....hmm, I'll have to run that one by my wife, lol.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:59 PM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 726 Likes on 259 Posts
havi...

I think this is the set of plans that mine was made from.... pics kinda dark...but good detail...

http://www.2002tii-restoration.org/tools/rotisserie.pdf
later
john

Old 09-16-2008, 09:03 PM
nytling92
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Thank you John.

4tl8ford, I didn't know that membership time made a person an expert on identifying different makes of aftermarket parts. When I joined in 01 I had my 92 flareside and a 97 extended cab lowrider, this board was very small and different back then, as I bet you remember. Not much going on for the trucks I had so I hung out on different boards. Only after getting my 2 effies did I remember this board and came back to check it out just the end of last year. I lurk here often and check stuff out. I'm not touching my trucks right now as I'm trying to finish my garage so I just read and learn.

Havi, Doc said a glass of wine or beer would help flush your kidneys, not to be done in excess I know there are different types of stones and it has been so long since I had mine that I can't remember what mine were but I haven't had one since, can't say the frosty is what did it but I enjoy it just same.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:32 PM
B/B ford
Clean & Classy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ron

the reason is because of cellular level chemical transfererance of blue oval endorphins.. it's common knowledge that organs and body parts when severed will seek out their own cell types and try to join thus repairing damage ... progress made by any Ford builder/owner/lover causes endorphins to be released and they are transferred through our computers thru the internet to "others" of the same cell type (read Ford builder/owner/lovers all over the information cul-de-sac where we reside.

You know sometimes when you have a rush or a good feeling when you're just sitting there wasting truck time surfing the net or looking at **** ??? well, some FTE guy got a bot threaded or a pinion angle set and them little endorphins are a swimming all over the net like packets on a token ring and they found you and pumped you up ... kinda like crack for a junkie... although be warned.... if you're looking at **** that rush might not be FTE endorphins... but that's another subject...

Mike...

time permitting this p.m. I'm gonna make a sketch of the cow cooker and some dimensions, material, etc and see if I can reverse engineer something that someone else can use... I've seen this same turner on the net 'somewhere' but I don't remember if there was a cut list with it or not... more to come......

John your frame looks great!

I did see an article about an "Auto Twirler" in Nov. Classic Truck Mag. A lot of pics but no specs or price.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:33 PM
eman92082
Cargo Master
Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts
I'm a veteran of Full blown Kidney Surgery (born with a defect) They didn't address my Brain yet.... It's defective but I'll settle for Kidneys that work....

As I recall the best bet was Cranberry juice..... didn't say anything about mixing it with a little Vodka with it

Old 09-17-2008, 07:48 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,824 Likes on 1,831 Posts
Dawg,

I didn't think it was possible to drink cranberry juice without vodka. Isn't it some kind of rule or something, heck, I think if you even tried to drink it by itself you would probably have to fill out some kind of form or something......in triplicate.........

I've never had a kidney stone but I've been known to have my share of frosty beverages...............conicidence? Hmmmmmm

Bobby

Old 09-17-2008, 08:35 PM
eman92082
Cargo Master
Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts
That's how we both keep our stealth figures........

Quick Reply: frame primer pictures