1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

Air suspension problem HELP

Old 07-30-2008, 08:33 AM
American Air-1
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by turborich
Is this Eddie from American Air?

I will wait to say anything else to make sure.
Yes it is. Are you one of our Mark VIII friends?

Eddie Spinks
Owner of American Air Suspension
Air Suspension Parts & Conversion Kits
www.americanairsuspension.com

Old 07-30-2008, 09:15 AM
Jimmygunz3
Senior User
I am going to replace the compressor and take it from there.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:11 PM
turborich
Senior User
Originally Posted by American Air-1
Yes it is. Are you one of our Mark VIII friends?

Eddie Spinks
Owner of American Air Suspension
Air Suspension Parts & Conversion Kits
www.americanairsuspension.com
Yeah, I have a mark VIII. Although I haven't had to purchase anything from you yet (because my air ride still works) knock on wood. I have only heard great things about you & your company. Everyone on LVC speaks very highly of you & your prices are very affordable.

If my bags or compressor ever do decide to take a crap, you will be the guy I go to for new ones!

Old 07-30-2008, 02:31 PM
American Air-1
Tuned
Jimmygunz3, good luck on your arnott purchase.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Jimmygunz3
Senior User
I just looked at you site, I am sorry i didnt look at it before, but I def will purchase other parts from you. like the spider jr i think is an awsome idea, but if there is still a problem I am gonna change the rear air bags and I willl buy the hoses, Thank you for all you help, and like I said YOU WILL HEAR FROM ME TO PURCHASE PARTS

Old 07-31-2008, 11:01 AM
sacodecordova76
New User
i have a 2001 lincoln navigator. i replaced one of the shocks the air ride compressor relay now this morning i noticed that the truck is lowered dwn to the frame and it really has a rough ride. i checked and the pump is not wrkn at all. does anyone no how to fix this problem temp till i get the the new air ride compressor. also is it better to keep the air ride or is it better to use a conversion kit to coil springs please let me know if any one has an idea or also if there is a way to inflate the air bags temporarily till i recieve new comppressor

Old 07-31-2008, 11:53 AM
American Air-1
Tuned
Well, usually on these types of vehicles, the compressors pull allot of amps when they start going bad. Enough that it'll push a relay over the edge pretty quick. In other words, you replaced the relay, which probably was bad, but the actual problem that started this whole mess was probably the compressor itself. It remains to be seen whether the old compressor killed the brand new relay.

Theres no provision "from the factory" (this is why I designed the Spider Jr.)to pump up the system in an emergency, but assuming the problem isn't electrical(sensor, wiring,etc), you can take the dryer loose and inject compressed air in the male end(the end that locks into the comp) of the dryer, while someone else turns on the ignition(remember, all doors need to be closed). If the problem is the compressor, the solenoids will open up and allow air into the rear air springs and lift the vehicle. After you get it up to normal ride height, turn the suspension switch off and get the parts coming or convert. If you don't have any leaks in the air springs, you should be able to drive the vehicle for 3-4 weeks before it needs to be aired up.

Whether to keep the air ride or do the conversion should be based on what "YOU" want out of the vehicle. In my opinion, if you don't pull a boat or trailer of some kind, the air is almost a waist. If you do pull something, the air ride is very nice to have. (Keep in mind that most Expeditions don't have air anyway, and I never thought they rode bad) http://www.americanairsuspension.com...ucts.php?cat=2

Old 07-31-2008, 12:14 PM
sacodecordova76
New User
air ride problem

hey there peeps wats up my name is isaac padilla i am from cordova new mexico i have an 01 navi i replaced the compressor relay the air shock and also i got a compressor from the junk yard it worked for about a week then i t gave *** does any one here have a recommendation as to saty wit the air ride or go to a conversion kit plaease let me know also does any one no if its possible to manually put air into the system to lift the truck up it really has a rough ride please any one that can help please let me know thank you all for ur time and help

Old 07-31-2008, 12:17 PM
sacodecordova76
New User
hey thanx for the info american air 1 so then there is no way to pump air into the system without the spider jr correct

Old 07-31-2008, 12:18 PM
sacodecordova76
New User
also where can i buy a spider jr