2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Control buttons

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 10:27 PM
BigBlueMacDaddy
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have an "07" XL, and the buttons which I added were square like the fake buttons, a Ford item right from the parts department at the local Ford Dealership. They even light up, and the cruise control symbol comes on in the dash! Like BlueOvalFitter, I kept my Fake Buttons, and my original steering wheel is still where Ford put it. It was a "Plug and Flash" operation. Are we saying that the Oval buttons like shown in the Link shown, will fit, just as the square ones fit? If so, I guess that I'd have to give them Kudos for making things easier to interchange! LOL

Old 06-13-2008, 12:22 AM
HankMurphy
Tuned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Arrow

I don't either party here is a liar. The configuration of speed controls appears to have changed over the 2004-2008 model years -- at least the way they sell it has.

My 2005 XL did not have speed control. I had to buy the accessory, which came with an entire steering wheel, and pay for the re-flash. I think the wheel was $165 or so.

My 2008 XL did not have speed control, and Ford did not offer it as an accessory any more. However, the parts guy told me that one could now just buy the switches. He ordered them, and after a little haggling about how long this should take the tech, I had them installed Wednesday. Peachy keen.

So...no one is lying here, I don't think, just talking about different model years.

Hank Murphy
2008 F150 XL

Old 06-13-2008, 12:09 PM
FTE/PARTS-GUY
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
The cruise control switch hhott71 posted is the correct one for your truck.My Ford tech friend installed the same switch in my XL and flashed the pc also,for $100.00!
BTW,the Motorcraft part number is;
SW-6256
4L3Z-9C888-AAJ

4L3Z9C888AAJ Switch assy, black, less redundant controls,XL,XLT,STX
LIST $88.20

i'll sell you them all day long for $100

Ed

Old 06-13-2008, 01:17 PM
xjcamaro89
Posting Guru
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
I got a good used steering wheel on ebay with the buttons for $65 shipped

Old 06-15-2008, 02:48 PM
air1jpg
Tuned
Doesn't the actuator part of the cruise control that pulls and holds the throttle have to be installed too? Or is that already on all of the trucks whether the truck has cruise or not?

Old 06-15-2008, 05:56 PM
BlueOvalFitter
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by air1jpg
Doesn't the actuator part of the cruise control that pulls and holds the throttle have to be installed too? Or is that already on all of the trucks whether the truck has cruise or not?
Like the throttle body,its electric; no more cables!

Old 06-16-2008, 07:18 AM
xjcamaro89
Posting Guru
All through the computer now

Old 06-16-2008, 12:42 PM
air1jpg
Tuned
Ah....ok thanks.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:27 AM
xjcamaro89
Posting Guru
ok, i just called the dealership just to see how much it would be to get the steering wheel installed and the computer flashed, and the guy that answered the phone said that "its not that easy" "you just cant do that" and he mumbled some stuff about there are sensors and all that crap. So i told him that other people i know had it done and that i researched it and that is all that is needed, so im going to actually take the wheel to the dealership and tell them to put it on. They are retarded at the dealership those service writers, they dont know crap.

But before i go do that are you guys sure that on my 2004 STX without cruise that all i need is the steering wheel and the computer flashed?

Old 06-17-2008, 02:02 PM
FTE/PARTS-GUY
Former Vendor
We did a F250SD yesterday, new steering wheel and a reflash, also did a Focus same deal. real simple!

Ed

Old 06-18-2008, 07:16 AM
xjcamaro89
Posting Guru
Went to the dealership yesterday with the wheel and they told me the same crap as they did on the phone, so i argued with them, and showed them some printouts from this board of people that have done it and they are still saying you cant do it. The steering wheel i got i got from ebay and it is brand new in the ford box, wrapped in a ford plastic bag with directions on how to install it and what exactly to change in the computer! And they still look at me and tell me that its just not that simple. So finally a guy from parts took my name and number and is going to call the guy from the local ford accessories department that they have come in and do all their custom electrical stuff and see what he says. But im about to take it another dealership, its like this place doesnt want my money. They arent even saying "we can try it and see what happens" , or "we have never done that before, let me look into it" They are just flat out telling me to my face "no" So im waiting to hear from the guy from parts to call me and tell me yes they can do it, and then im going to have a few words with some people down there.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:10 AM
xjcamaro89
Posting Guru
Ok, just got off the phone with the dealership and they found out that it is as easy as installing a new steering wheel and flashing the computer, just like i argued with the one retard there about twice yesterday. I should work at one of these dealerships cause everytime i go in there and explain something to them and what i think it could be, or want something done and they dont think they can do it, i am always right and i think i know more about vehicles than alot of these stupid people that work in service. So Irritating. So im talking to the service writer about getting this set up (This guy was off yesterday and is usually the guy i deal with and he treats me good) I cant wait to have cruise!

Old 06-18-2008, 10:19 AM
xjcamaro89
Posting Guru
Ok, just got off the phone with the dealership and they found out that it is as easy as installing a new steering wheel and flashing the computer, just like i argued with the one retard there about twice yesterday. I should work at one of these dealerships cause everytime i go in there and explain something to them and what i think it could be, or want something done and they dont think they can do it, i am always right and i think i know more about vehicles than alot of these stupid people that work in service. So Irritating. So im talking to the service writer about getting this set up (This guy was off yesterday and is usually the guy i deal with and he treats me good) I cant wait to have cruise!

Old 06-19-2008, 08:05 AM
xjcamaro89
Posting Guru
Alright took the steering wheel down to the dealership last night and the guy i usually deal with was real nice, took my steering wheel, told me that they would take care of it, just like the other guy should have done to begin with, and i would have told this guy about the guy i had to deal with the day before but he was sitting right there, and he never even lifted his head when i walked in the door, never said a word or took his eyes off the book he was reading. What a juice bag. But its being taken car of and i cant wait.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:02 PM
BlackJack607
New User
Does any one have a link for the cruise control button install with pics?

Quick Reply: Cruise Control buttons