Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Dp Tuner Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 10:28 PM
crum71
1/8 mile Oval Track

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dp Tuner Questions

Ok, I have a guy I work with that is wanting to buy my Edge Programmer. I told him I would sell the program only,so I could keep the box to read codes. But anyways, I don't tow anything,but if I ever decide to pull something,maybe 5k , would the 80e tune be ok to do this? I don't really want but just a few tunes, the NS, STOCK, 80, AND SMOKE...... I just want to see what everyone else thinks, before I call Jody on Tuesday.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:39 PM
BanksPSD
Senior User
Originally Posted by crum71
Ok, I have a guy I work with that is wanting to buy my Edge Programmer. I told him I would sell the program only,so I could keep the box to read codes. But anyways, I don't tow anything,but if I ever decide to pull something,maybe 5k , would the 80e tune be ok to do this? I don't really want but just a few tunes, the NS, STOCK, 80, AND SMOKE...... I just want to see what everyone else thinks, before I call Jody on Tuesday.
Sell the programmer, it is worth NOTHING! I had a Edge w/ Additude and I was so upset when I finally got a Tuned programerI was suprised how much it changed my truck.

Get the DP tuner or a Tuned chip and end all this nonsence!

Old 05-23-2008, 10:56 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't believe you have gauges, correct? Get a 40 tow if you don't want to get gauges, but tow small. Then 80e, and smoke if you want it. People are always preaching about how damn badly you need gauges for a chip... but if you have an open exhaust, the EGT's dont get that high on stock injectors, to hurt a damn thing, if you are not towing. There is just simply not enough load on the engine without something hooked behind you to push the temperatures to a dangerous limit. Sure you can get there, wide open throttle, but how long can you stay at that until you run out of road, top out, or barney shows up behind ya?
*steps down*

Sorry....

Old 05-24-2008, 12:06 AM
crum71
1/8 mile Oval Track

Originally Posted by strokin_it7.3
I don't believe you have gauges, correct? Get a 40 tow if you don't want to get gauges, but tow small. Then 80e, and smoke if you want it. People are always preaching about how damn badly you need gauges for a chip... but if you have an open exhaust, the EGT's dont get that high on stock injectors, to hurt a damn thing, if you are not towing. There is just simply not enough load on the engine without something hooked behind you to push the temperatures to a dangerous limit. Sure you can get there, wide open throttle, but how long can you stay at that until you run out of road, top out, or barney shows up behind ya?
*steps down*

Sorry....
I have IssPro Boost&Pyrometer gages in it

Old 05-24-2008, 01:17 AM
floridadude
Junior User
I have the edge juice with attitude. It does make a big difference but after being on here the last month of so I'm definitely getting the dp. How do you use the gauge(attitude) and not use the programmer? And not to sound to green, what is the tugger shift. I'm new when it comes to the mods and I want to get anything that will help my truck in the long run, and to help with my abuse. Thanks

Old 05-24-2008, 04:12 AM
crum71
1/8 mile Oval Track

Originally Posted by floridadude
I have the edge juice with attitude. It does make a big difference but after being on here the last month of so I'm definitely getting the dp. How do you use the gauge(attitude) and not use the programmer? And not to sound to green, what is the tugger shift. I'm new when it comes to the mods and I want to get anything that will help my truck in the long run, and to help with my abuse. Thanks
You can use the programmer in any 7.3 to check codes.Just plug it up under the dash . Kinda like taking it to Autozone and they hook it up to their machine.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...l-article.html

Old 05-24-2008, 06:55 AM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by strokin_it7.3
*steps down*

Sorry....
Very well put Kris, very well put.