1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radiator Shroud & Header Panel Pic Request / Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Munkey
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radiator Shroud & Header Panel Pic Request / Comparison

I took my truck in for service due to the A/C not cooling intermittently, and while looking hooking up the a/c gauges, the tech asked me if I had made any modifications to the radiator support. I replied that I had not, but the truck had been in an accident needing a header panel replacement, and the replacement part was off of a 7.3 diesel (I hate that insurance policy).

He said that it was kinda strange that:
  1. There was no plastic, rubber, or other material sealing off the side of the radiator to the header panel, creating a complete shroud for the fan to pull off of.
  2. The condenser is spaced so far away from the radiator, and almost touching the grill, he cannot see how the fan can pull air through the condenser with it being so far away.
  3. 'High side' pressure was high, causing the pressure switch to trip not letting the compressor kick on; tech said it was caused by a soon-to-fail fan clutch?
I started to think back...waaaay back to before the accident, and I vaguely remember there being two rubber curtains on either side of the radiator, and even a plastic piece that snakes through the lines going to the A/C condenser!

I also looked through all the pictures of my truck, and can't find one that shows the sides of the radiator, or a clear shot of the truck showing the condenser through the grill.

And can a bad fan clutch really cause the A/C problems I'm experiencing?

Could you guys either post up any pictures you might have, or just look at my pictures and compare them to your trucks? Keep in mind, my truck is a '02 V-10 so anything other than '99-'04, and other engines, are bound to have a different setup.

Thanks guys.

Driver Side Radiator:

Pass Side Radiator:

Front Condenser:

Old 05-22-2008, 06:15 PM
FTE/PARTS-GUY
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
look like you are missing a few things to me.

Ed