1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Shim and 10k

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 07:10 PM
iduger
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was looking at the cure. How do you like it? Does it cure,no pun intended , the long shifrts between gears? I was also was looking at the coons mods any info on his?

Old 03-30-2008, 07:34 PM
kawa
Postmaster
Originally Posted by iduger
I was looking at the cure. How do you like it? Does it cure,no pun intended , the long shifrts between gears? I was also was looking at the coons mods any info on his?
They should hire me as a spokes person. It turned my truck into an brand new rig. I can't stay out of it and that is BAD!!! Have you noticed the fuel prices??

The CURE worked for me and there are several other members that are using it and happy as a squirrel in a nut factory.

Look at the different signatures and ask the individuals how they like the CURE.

Rog

Old 03-30-2008, 07:58 PM
bobpat204
Junior User
coonhunterjoe, i was just looking at the pics of the 14.7k mod you did the last of the three pics ,the lenght of the taped area doesnt look long enough for two resistors in series. did you double them over each other or are they in paralle?

Old 03-30-2008, 08:25 PM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the picture there is of the 10k only, the 4.7k isnt installed in that picture. the wires are plenty long enough on the truck wire harness to fit both.

i am surprised madvan hasnt chimed in on the cure yet... i think he would agree with me in saying that while the cure is a great addition to the e40d, it is not enough, it needs to be linked with a good shift kit to have a great trans.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:11 PM
iduger
Senior User
I did mine side by side , did i just screw something up?

Old 04-01-2008, 12:06 AM
jimwilsonmasonry
Elder User
hey c00n i was just experimentin brother and my truck didnt like the 33k to much

Old 04-01-2008, 09:48 PM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by iduger
I did mine side by side , did i just screw something up?
Electricity will flow to the path with the least resistance. If you put a 10K and 4.7K side-by-side by, (I'm assuming this part), twisting the resistor together end-to-end and then install that into the ICP wire, the electrical current will attempt to flow through the 4.7K only.

It doesn't matter which resistor is first or which end you start with, but the resistors need to be in-line not side-by-side.

I'll look around for a picture of the way I did it, to help clarify.

No pictures, but this site has good information, too:
Tips - Idea - Hints

Still looking for the stuff I wanted to show you.

This is what started alot of the discussions. Thanks for your ingenuity on this Joe.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...on-my-10k.html

I'm still not finding the one I wanted. Does anyone remember where the install was done by splitting a BIC pen (the old style) and placing the resistors and connectors inside, then taping it up to give the resistors some rigidity? I thought I bookmarked it, but I didn't.

I'm still looking.

Last edited by IDMooseMan; 04-01-2008 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Adding links
Old 04-01-2008, 10:36 PM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Sorry dude. I can't find what I'm looking for. Try the links I posted previously. Basically, the difference is once you have the resistors and connectors together, you take apart an old-style BIC pen, split it in half, put the resistors/connectors inside the two halves of the pen, and tape the halves together with electrical tape or heat-shrink tubing.

This adds rigidity to the component lessening the chance of breakage.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:37 PM
iduger
Senior User
Thanks "moose" my electrical shop class was a good 26 years ago, and a little dusty by now. I have to abmit with everyones help i can say my ol 97 has more getup and go than ive seen in along while.