2009 - 2014 F150 Discuss the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Truck Trend Reports New Horsepower Ratings

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 09:41 AM
LxMan1

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
0-60 times and 1/4 mile times are also an indication of how well you can merge into highway traffic, not just drag racing.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:50 AM
Markcuda
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

You are correct sir, but who really cares about all that little stuff?LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
As long as the seats are all good and stuff, it don't matter LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Old 10-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Big Bad
Elder User
Originally Posted by Markcuda
Dude, you are very funny, you keep telling your self this stuff, sonner or later, you will start to believe itLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.
After the new 150 keeps getting It's butt spanked time and time againg, just thank the Ford people for all your pain10 horse over last years, what a joke
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO and yes, I would buy a Tundra over a Ford 150 LOLOLOLOLOL, it is made in America, rightLOLOLOLOLOL
You Ford guys are halarious
So you would take an otherwise inferior truck just to run the 1/4 mile 1 second quicker? The Tundra also spanks everyone else on acceleration, not just the Ford.

The new 390 horse 09 Ram only beats the 09 F150 only by 3-4 tenths in the 1/4 mile. Despite the small performance deficit, everyone who has reviewed the two trucks prefers the 09 F150 to the 09 Ram.

Performance is only one part of the equation. I wish Ford would have provided more horsepower for the F150, I wish they would have matched Toyota with a 5.4 4V with VCT.

But what I would not do is settle for an otherwise inferior product just to have the most power.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Markcuda
Junior User
Talking

What I would not do is settle for an otherwise inferior product
This is the funniest thing I read so far today, I mean the last two wordsLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLO L
OLOLLOOLOLOLOLLOOLLOOLOLLOLOOLOLLOLOOLOLLOOLOLLOOL
Dude, pull you head out now, before you smother to death LOLOLOL

Old 10-20-2008, 10:49 AM
tjthegreat
Elder User
This is the funniest thing I read so far today, I mean the last two wordsLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLO L
OLOLLOOLOLOLOLLOOLLOOLOLLOLOOLOLLOLOOLOLLOOLOLLOOL
Dude, pull you head out now, before you smother to death LOLOLOL
i have to go with the f150 over the tundra,the tundra has crappy low end torque,but u are pretty funny markuda,and ull pry **** a lot of people off

Old 10-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Big Bad
Elder User
The Tundra doesn't have crappy low end, and I'm surprised Markuda knows how to use a computer.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Fishin76
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stop Bickering

Markuda, If you like your Toys so much, then go brag about them to someone who cares. This forum does not need people like you.

If you want to be a ford critic, go do it on a another site.

The reason the F-150 has been the best selling truck is not because of most power, best mileage, most towing capacity, best interior, or (inject your own best, more, or most something). It's the total package. There's enough good stuff (not best mind you) to make the whole package worth the purchase price. Everybody looks for something in there mind that makes the purchase worth the price.

For me, it was a 4 real door truck that could haul 6 people, could tow anythng I had to tow presently , the heavier frame (safety), 4wd for the snow, and (IMO) more metal for the money. The MPG rating is right in there with the competition. (apples to apples of course)

Also, I CHOSE a truck for commuting, I drive around 70 miles a day back and forth to work, so comfort is a little important, but not as much as safety. If they still made 'em, I'd buy big cars (like 78 t-birds and such), because now it would be bigger (more mass) than most cars on the road, and still more than a few of todays light trucks. All the airbags,crumple zones, and traction systems in the world will not help you if your involved in an accident with a much bigger vehicle. I'm not saying these innovations in safety are useless by any means, just that they do have their limits when it comes to effectiveness. Just by having mass on my side, that means the car or vehicle that hits me (heaven forbid, I would hit someone) is likely to be lighter than my truck and therefore take more (or at least be affected by more) of the forces of impact than I.

I'll pay the pretty price at the pump, and I can live with 16mpg. For heaven sake, it's a truck, not a Toyota Prius

Old 10-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Fishin76
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not made in America, but helps our economy anyway.

... and yes, I would buy a Tundra over a Ford 150 LOLOLOLOLOL, it is made in America, rightLOLOLOLOLOL
You Ford guys are halarious

No car company that I know of produces a 100% manufactured and assembled car or truck in the U.S. anymore. But thats no reason not to buy American Assembled cars and trucks. Buying American, to me, means that the company selling the products wants the U.S. economy to thrive. The companies will invest millions in builidings, products and services that create jobs over the long haul. We (being the U.S.) have the largest economy in the world, and many companies are willing to invest lots of money to compete in our markets. You may argue that the profits that these companies make go over seas. Well, that money has to come back to the U.S. to re-invest in new products and services, including buildings, and to create more jobs to support more diversified product offerings. If those same companies did not re-invest in the U.S., they would not be a competitor for long. Our market would have driven them out business.

Oh, and I'm sure other countries feel the same way about U.S. companies selling our products (even though made in (name another country) is on the label) in their country. But the same thing happpens worldwide now, Things are different than they were in the 70's. It is truly a global market.

Many American companies are investing huge amounts of money overseas, especially in china. And they are not moving jobs to china neccesarily, they are creating new ones. Those new jobs overseas sometimes create new white collar jobs here. The point remains, it is a global economy. If your not a global player, your growth as a company is limited.

Now, i know someone is going to post examples of companies that defy the statements above. There are exceptions, don't get me wrong. Exceptions, by the meaning of the word, means that the situation above is much more common now, than your exception example is.

I honestly don't like writing a paper in a post, but some things have to be corrected and made understandable.

I hope I accomplished this goal.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:24 PM
V8EXPLR
Elder User
Dang, a lot of bickering back and forth.

After reading all the reviews, edmunds, autoblog, autoweek, leftlanenews, pickuptrucks, thetruthaboutcars and popularmechanics .com, every one has basically come back with the same review, not exactly in these words but try to say "The F150 is still the best overall 1/2 ton on the market". Not the fastest (which who cares) but the best overall truck.

Love how the Tundra was the 2008 Motor Trend Truck of the Year, but in the Popular Mechanics review it came in dead last, #5 behind everyone else. Only real praise was the power which we all knew about. Otherwise the the rest of the truck didn't compare.

Loved their quote:

"We want more than an appliance for $41,820."

That's priceless!!!

Old 10-20-2008, 03:41 PM
B's FX4
Senior User
lets hurry up to 60 with 2k in the bed, while towing a 5k trailer just to see which truck will cause more damage to that little smart car when we rear end it, then we will see whos boss....hell my o2 5.4 has 130 less hp than that new ram, id put it up against a 09 ram with the hemi and give us each equal tasks of hauling,towing, stump pulling, 4x4ing, ya know, things trucks are supposed to do, not drag race till 0-60...ok so your dodge,chevy,toyota,nissan whatever is faster, big deal ya know??

Old 10-20-2008, 04:04 PM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
You are correct sir, but who really cares about all that little stuff?LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
As long as the seats are all good and stuff, it don't matter LOLOLOLOLOLOL

You my friend are clearly an idiot. Go troll on your normal forum www.webkinz.com goodbye