1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Purple people Eater?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 01:38 PM
BillyBob69
Lead Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Too funny!!!! I love it!

Maybe I can get 3 mil for my daughters truck. She just bought a 1970 250 with 48K original miles, clean body, (Minor rust) original interior with the big V8. Runs great! Drives straight.....hmmmm from $1500 to 3 mil. Thats a good run around!

Old 02-03-2008, 02:21 PM
19704X4F250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BillyBob69
Too funny!!!! I love it!

Maybe I can get 3 mil for my daughters truck. She just bought a 1970 250 with 48K original miles, clean body, (Minor rust) original interior with the big V8. Runs great! Drives straight.....hmmmm from $1500 to 3 mil. Thats a good run around!
Hey! Sounds good! If it doesn't sell, just think of the free advertising you got on Ford-trucks. I am sure there will be new thread started about it!

Old 02-03-2008, 03:47 PM
galaxie641
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I really think he thinks the "special" in special order means it truly is something rare AND desirable and not just a term. Cracks me up that since he couldn't find any info on the truck it is all the sudden the best thing in the world. Almost all of the rarest most desirable vehicles are heavily documented with a well told history. They are not some purple truck someone bought at some poor bas tards estate auction for $800 that no one knows anything about.

I can just about guarantee you I have the only '64 4 door blue with white top 352 4bbl Galaxie 500 with 55K miles on it but that doesn't make it worth any more than any other low mileage 4 door Galaxie, and an extended DSO wouldn't either.

I wonder what his excuse will be when there are no bids on that well worn ranch truck.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:31 PM
TomThrall
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm most curious to know if he truly believes it's worth that much. I guess i'm wondering if someone sold it to him for $250,000 but assured him it was worth 1 million or more. Surely not???

Old 02-04-2008, 10:58 AM
psquare7575
Posting Guru
Perhaps if the coach spent more time coaching and less time on this truck, they would have done better this season.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:06 AM
echobunny
New User
hate to admit it, but i've been following the post and the auction for the week. dunno why its so entertaining to watch this guy, who truly believes he's got a gold mine in his hands. for him, must be like the lotto ticket stuck to my fridge "oh boy, this week is gonna be it! really really realy gonna be it". wishful thinking. so dogdamn stubborn in thinking its RARE its amusing. "Extremely Rare, Highly Collectable, Unique, Authentic, One of a Kind, Original, Rare, Rare Piece of History, Rare Piece of Sports Memorabilia, Hard to Find & A Piece of Ford History, Historic, Vintage, Is Truly a Classic, Unbelievably Rare, Auto Mobilia." wonder if he ever sold vacuum cleaners door to door.

that auction touches a nerve cuz its so blatantly offensive to common sense, logic and sensibility. offensive to the average joe, the high-end collector, and especially ford guys. the chevy camp must be laughing even harder. but he doesn't realize it cuz i think he really believes the bull he's been fed.
(sigh)

Old 02-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Rufubar?
New User
Also Been Following this Guy on Ebay

Originally Posted by echobunny
hate to admit it, but i've been following the post and the auction for the week. dunno why its so entertaining to watch this guy, who truly believes he's got a gold mine in his hands. for him, must be like the lotto ticket stuck to my fridge "oh boy, this week is gonna be it! really really realy gonna be it". wishful thinking. so dogdamn stubborn in thinking its RARE its amusing. "Extremely Rare, Highly Collectable, Unique, Authentic, One of a Kind, Original, Rare, Rare Piece of History, Rare Piece of Sports Memorabilia, Hard to Find & A Piece of Ford History, Historic, Vintage, Is Truly a Classic, Unbelievably Rare, Auto Mobilia." wonder if he ever sold vacuum cleaners door to door.

that auction touches a nerve cuz its so blatantly offensive to common sense, logic and sensibility. offensive to the average joe, the high-end collector, and especially ford guys. the chevy camp must be laughing even harder. but he doesn't realize it cuz i think he really believes the bull he's been fed.
(sigh)

I been reading all the email this guy gets and there are a few that also say the truck is a collector & rare.

Worth what the guy is asking HELL NO!!

I have been reading the emails from the ebayer that are ripping the guy apart, He is holding his own.

There are a few that also say it is worth more than $2,000. and there are a few that agree it is RARE.

Dont know about the Chevy guys, but seen the Olds site.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Rufubar?
New User
I didnt find a chevy site but I did find this site.

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/your_g...ars/5373.shtml

With an rating of 3 out of 5

Old 02-05-2008, 09:01 AM
echobunny
New User
Ruf? - yep "he's holding his own" - gotta give him points for persistence. just that his faith in this thing is making everyone else feel played for the fool whether he intends or not. guess he's got faith like the pairs in suits that come bang on my door every spring.

i'd agree with it being worth more than 2K. not much more above 3.5K though. even tho purple's not a hot color around here, anytime any car crosses the state line into Cali, specially the southern part, the price seems to jump at least 60%.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Rufubar?
New User
Ebay guy Holding his own

Originally Posted by echobunny
Ruf? - yep "he's holding his own" - gotta give him points for persistence. just that his faith in this thing is making everyone else feel played for the fool whether he intends or not. guess he's got faith like the pairs in suits that come bang on my door every spring.

i'd agree with it being worth more than 2K. not much more above 3.5K though. even tho purple's not a hot color around here, anytime any car crosses the state line into Cali, specially the southern part, the price seems to jump at least 60%.

Like you say the guy has persistence.

I do not think the guy means to Offend anyone.

But put yourself in the poor *@$tards shoes, If you were getting all the $*it from everyone you might start to get alittle ORNERY.

It is like someone flipping you off when your just diving along thinking your having a good day.

Then BAM your day is ruined.

Pretty soon you start being a *rick to everyone. Do you mean to? No it just happens.

Went out to Sturgis with a guy that disted every bike out there just because it was not like his and every other silver Anniversary Full Dressed Harley out there.

It got alittle Old listening to the guy cut down everyones elese bike out there.

I would never of thought to dis someones pride and joy even if I thought it was a peice of *****.

It still means something to someone!

It is just like teasing the ugly kid. Why do you have to do it?

Old 02-05-2008, 10:37 AM
psquare7575
Posting Guru
Because this truck is like the fat kid in dodgeball waving his hands saying "Nahh Nahh you can't get me out!!"

It's too easy.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Rufubar?
New User
Nahh Nahh cant get me out!!

Originally Posted by psquare7575
Because this truck is like the fat kid in dodgeball waving his hands saying "Nahh Nahh you can't get me out!!"

It's too easy.
Cant argue with that.

That is a good one!

However your discription of the fat kid in dodgeball waving his hands saying "Nahh Nahh you cant get me out!!"" usually had snot running down to his lip also.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:44 AM
BillyBob69
Lead Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
And breathing through his mouth cause the nose too full of snot....

Old 02-05-2008, 12:22 PM
echobunny
New User
ruf? i don't think people are dissing his "pride and joy", but rather his skewed sense of reality. that truck is in better shape than either of the old fords i've owned - '66 2by and '79 4by. if that truck were priced at $795 - everyone here would be "wow what a gem". add 3 zeros to that price and yeah i agree, what's so special about a purple farm truck.
my '66 gives me tons of pleasure and to me its worth far more than market price, but when it comes down to it, i know market price for it is 2 grand. that's reality. trying to think of famous 70s ford trucks and of course what comes to mind but the original Bigfoot (74 F250). If bigfoot were to roll across an auction block i could see it bring 6 figures, but no where near 800K. don't know if it originally came with any kind of special order stuff, but most people would agree that that is a rare, documented and famous truck. then compare it to our friend here's truck.

heck what do i know, maybe there's some rich billionaire in those 3 states those trucks were available in who is an incredible vikings fan and has nothing else to invest his money in than an "incredibly rare" vikings promo truck. i'll keep playing lotto on my end.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:55 PM
echobunny
New User
wow, i get it, i just woke up. this was all a fat joke. $50 bucks in fees to play a hoax - damn good one i gotta admit.
dang man u got me and a couple hours of my time this week reading posts!!
congrats

Quick Reply: Purple people Eater?