Check Engine Light - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Check Engine Light

Old 01-08-2008, 02:04 PM
New User

LostMayhem is starting off with a positive reputation.
Check Engine Light

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%">I have a 2002 Lightning that has the check engine light on because of the air raid intake i have in it. I took it to the dealer and they said the light is going off because the engine is running to lean. Could this be bad on the engine if i leave it? I also have flowmaster exhaust on it and i dont know if that could be setting the light off also. Any help on this would be nice, thanks.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old 01-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Senior User

antony25 is starting off with a positive reputation.
possible oil and dirt on the mass air sensor. these type of air filters let alot of dirt in.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Avid Winter Hater

MisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputation
Lets back up a second here. What is the actual code that is being set?
Old 01-08-2008, 04:48 PM
The Nekkid Super Mod

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCMK
Lets back up a second here. What is the actual code that is being set?
Yep. Scan it and post the actual DTC.

Stewart
Old 01-08-2008, 08:03 PM
New User

LostMayhem is starting off with a positive reputation.
It recieved codes P0171, P0174, P1229 Lean on banks 1 and 2. Im not sure what all of that means I would appretiate some help.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Avid Winter Hater

MisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputation
P1229 Supercharger Intercooler Pump Not Working (Ford)
P0171 System too Lean (Bank 1)
P0174 System too Lean (Bank 2)

I would start by looking at the intercooler pump.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:17 AM
The Nekkid Super Mod

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMayhem
It recieved codes P0171, P0174, P1229 Lean on banks 1 and 2. Im not sure what all of that means I would appretiate some help.
Check and recheck all your vacuum lines to make sure they are in good shape and are still properly connected.

Is your MAF housing seated and sealed properly on the Air Raid housing?

If, when you check your IC pump you find it isn't working, take it out and clean it. A lot of guys have had good luck by cleaning the gunk from the pump.

Stewart