Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Out for a day or 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Skandocious
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Out for a day or 2

Hey guys, I'll probably be a bit scarce around here because I got my wisdom teeth out this morning

The procedure was cake. Felt a ***** in my arm and I passed out. Then, what seemed like half a second later I woke up with gauze in my mouth he said "all set!" Very strange experience to be honest. So I've been sleeping for a while and as of right now the pain is starting to set in, just took a vicodin so hopefully that'll help, but I'll probably sleep the good portion of this day away.

Anywho, someone go eat a big juicy cheeseburger for me, god knows I can't have one

Later guys.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Virto
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha, I had all four of mine pulled at once...and three were impacted.

The holes in the back of your jaw are distracting to say the least. It was almost a full week before I was back on my feet and ~100%.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:11 PM
Skandocious
Postmaster
Damn really?

I got three pulled, I dunno if this is gonna get any worse than it is now but... the numbing has warn off almost completely and I'm totally mobile walking around the house. My face doesn't look very bloated at all... I'm really not sure what to expect. As you can see I'm here typing at the computer

Old 10-26-2007, 06:15 PM
Skandocious
Postmaster
Getting sleepy from the vicodin... I guess I'll talk to you guys later, maybe I'll be better enough to post by tonight, if I'm awake.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:34 PM
tomtoc
Posting Guru
hope ya feel better. its weird how different people react so differently. my sis and i both had all 4 of ours taken out. she was out for a week. i was fine later that day.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:01 PM
89frankenford
Elder User
you'll get better soon. gives ya a chance to think up some ideas to do to your truck

Old 10-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Skandocious
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 89frankenford
you'll get better soon. gives ya a chance to think up some ideas to do to your truck
Let's home I DON'T get any ideas while I'm on vicodin. My truck might end looking like eco's pink van

Yeah I'm not feeling to shabby as of yet... It's 7:15pm here and the procedure was done at 9:15am... I'm hoping that I've seen the worse of the pain and swelling but who knows. KEEP TALKIN TO ME! You guys have to replace my friends and roommates while I'm bed ridden

Old 10-26-2007, 09:28 PM
89frankenford
Elder User
hahahahhaha

Old 10-26-2007, 09:29 PM
radialarm
Senior User
Be careful in your weakened condition. ECO is on a terror and cornering everyone who left a derogatory comment about his van. I don't know why he's after you, but he is.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Skandocious
Postmaster
How do you know he's after me?! I'm nothing but nice to him

Old 10-26-2007, 09:39 PM
quicklook2
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
skan, feel better and thought you would like to know the origins for the name wisdom teeth:

Etymology

They are generally thought to be called wisdom teeth because they appear so late—much later than the other teeth, at an age where people are wiser than as a child, when the other teeth erupt. The English wisdom tooth is derived from Latin dens sapientiae. The same root is shared by German Weisheitszahn, Dutch verstandskies, Belgian-Dutch wijsheidstand, Norwegian visdomstann, Danish and Swedish visdomstand, Finnish viisaudenhammas, French dent de sagesse, Portuguese dente do juízo, Spanish muela del juicio or muela cordal, Italian dente del giudizio, Romanian m?sea de minte, Slovenian modrostni zob, Croatian and Serbian umnjaci, Hungarian bölcsességfog, Czech zuby moudrosti, Polish z?by m?dro?ci, Russian ???? ????????, Bulgarian ?????? (meaning wise man), Estonian tarkusehammas, Hebrew ?? ???? (shen beena) and Greek ?????????? (fronheemeetes). There exists an interesting Dutch folk etymology that the Dutch word verstandskies is derived from "far-standing" (ver-staand) molar, and that mistranslations of the Dutch word (in which verstand translates to wisdom) are the root for corresponding words in other European languages.
Turkish refers directly to the age at which wisdom teeth appear and calls it 20 ya? di?i (20th year tooth). In Korean, its name is Sa-rang-nee (???, love teeth) referring to the young age and the pain of the first love. In Japanese, its name is Oyashirazu (????), literally meaning "unknown to the parents," from the idea that they erupt after a child has moved away.

Last edited by quicklook2; 10-26-2007 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:43 PM
radialarm
Senior User
Just the way he addresses you I guess. He doesn't seem to be as bad as I figured he'd be a while ago. I've been avoiding him since I read his reply about his van.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Skandocious
Postmaster
Originally Posted by radialarm
Just the way he addresses you I guess. He doesn't seem to be as bad as I figured he'd be a while ago. I've been avoiding him since I read his reply about his van.
Nah eco's not a bad guy, we just like to give each other a hard time. Don't take him seriously, we're joking around most of the time.

And ql2, thanks for the history lesson My mom and I were just actually talking about why they're called wisdom teeth today. Thanks for bein' nice to me buddy, I've had you on my ignore list since we last got in trouble from admin, and I just removed you yesterday. Hopefully this can be the start of better relationship 'tween us

Old 10-26-2007, 10:00 PM
mrl390
Elder User
What did you guys get in trouble about? Just curious.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Skandocious
Postmaster
Arguing like little kids about somethin' stupid, ql2 and I have done it several times. Refer here:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...-receiver.html

Quick Reply: Out for a day or 2