Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Out for a day or 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Skandocious
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I read more into it today and found out I wasn't supposed to be swishing my mouth :\

My friend told me to swish my mouth with salt water, then I read I wasn't supposed to do it the first day and yelled at her

So I chewed on a tea bag earlier, as suggested by the web and a few other people. The tannic acid in the tea bag helps stop bleeding and promote healing.

Last edited by Skandocious; 10-27-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:59 PM
quicklook2
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i suggest doing what the dentist/doctor said to do.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Skandocious
Postmaster
Originally Posted by quicklook2
i suggest doing what the dentist/doctor said to do.
Well unfortunately I wasn't conscious enough to comprehend what the doctor told me when I left... So I read up on the internet on what I'm supposed to do, as well as took advice from others who also had this procedure done. I'm following the post-op procedures to the T.

Old 10-27-2007, 03:02 PM
netscaner
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dry socket is pure hell,.......................only ten times worse.

Bone splinters, (which is why you pay an oral surgeon) can be real bad too.

Old 10-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Skandocious
Postmaster
Originally Posted by netscaner
Dry socket is pure hell,.......................only ten times worse.
So I've heard... I hope I don't get it.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:54 PM
92mnfordtrk
Senior User
Had mine out a couple years back, they gave me gas, they actually had to keep me awake for about 10min because they couldn't fine the vein for the I.V. LOL. I healed, the 2nd day i was fine, 4th day I could eat normally. I didn't get dry socket, I had instructions you know the post op stuff. I followed them, I think I still have a bottle of vicadin somewhere. I never used any. I only used the anti-biotics. Good luck with the not having dry socket.

Hey to keep u company. Does anyone know where to get a cheap radiator? Took my truck to the mechanic to check up my tuneup job, and get the tranny fill plug unstuck. He said the truck was really good, but there was a leak in the radiator on the drivers side and I would need a new radiator. It is the weak plastic-metal connection. Anyways, new radiator 195 dollars with install around $250. He said it is easy to do, with it being manual and all, and said I could do it myself but I need the heavier duty radiator because it has AC. He said the lower one was $175 anywasys.

What do you all think? Good deal? Where can I find anything cheaper if there is any? Thanks!

Hope u get better Skan.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Skandocious
Postmaster
My brother repaired his radiator by shoving a radiator repair putty into the fins near the leak, saved him a bunch of money and it has held up great even on his heavy duty PSD pulling our 7k lb boat... Something to consider.

Thanks for the good wishes 92mn.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:30 PM
mr. Charles
Senior User
Talking

........Hey Chris ! ! just go for the Banana-Split with the work's .......uhhh, oh yeah, minus the nut's tho......LOL......

........{ jst tryin ta cheer ya up a bit...... ....... } . . . .

mr. Charles

Old 10-27-2007, 09:39 PM
92mnfordtrk
Senior User
I second the banana split

Hey Skan, thanks for the idea. I've never liked the stop leak stuff, but putty might be good. I will check into it, although it seems like an easy install for a new one. If I get this second job I keep applying around for .... I will probably put a new one in, but if not then the putty will be a great idea.

It depends too where exactly it is... I will let u guys know what happens. I've checked advance and napa and they are all around 195.

Hey Skan, be careful with that Vicadin...... I don't want to read a post about a scratch on the hood of ur f150.

Or worse ending up like my old truck.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:42 PM
eco
Posting Guru
I had my wisdom teeth (all I had was the upper 2) pulled about 3 years ago. They had not even come out of the gums yet at this point, so cutting open my gums then pulling out the teeth was the only option. I was awake the whole time, which was only about 30 minutes. They instructed me to take a buch of advil prior to showing up....I took none. They injected some kind of novicane when I showed up, so I felt some pressure duringthe procedure, but thats it. When I left, they gave me a perscription for some kind of strong pain killer (codien I think), I never retrieved it. About 3 or 4 hours after the procedure, the novicane wore off. After that I went about my normal business....no pain, I ate whatever, I felt fine. I anticipated a day or 2 of recovery time thinking I would be in pain so I planned ahead and took that day off of work and as I would find out, that was pointless, I could have easily gone though a work day.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Skandocious
Postmaster
Thats quite the fantastic story eco. I don't wanna call you a liar but its pretty hard to believe LOL

Old 10-27-2007, 10:07 PM
quicklook2
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i have heard some people snap back after this procedure in a day or two and others that have a week or many weeks of pain and problems.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:27 PM
92mnfordtrk
Senior User
I have heard of similar stories like Eco's. I was fine the day of , except that I was barred from working due to the after-effects of anesthesia. Plus, I was really tired from it, and wanted to take it easy on my mouth. Man, I just remembered all the ride home!!! The road was up high, everything was blurry, my dad had me rest on against the A pillar. He said I wouldn't sit right in the seat, everytime he shifted I would fly forward, so he rested me against the a pillar. They had a hard time getting me in the car! LOL. Good thing it was the 85 pontiac, if it was the f150...... I don't think I would have gotten in there. The caravan maybe.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:05 PM
BEWOLD
Senior User
I Had all four removed and had no problems or pain at all. I never used any of the pain meds (Like 50 codine!) I got either. I was prepared for the worst though. A friend said he was out for a month laying on his couch eating soup (He said something about the dentist with his knee in his chest and a pair of pliers..... cowboys? I asked him if it was their vet). I got put under because they apperantly had to impact and grind on my jaw bone? Anyway, after the procedure I went over to my friends house, he couldnt believe I got it done, no bruising or swelling. I had to show him all the stitches to prove it. He then proceded to call me a pansy for getting put under. Then we had a drink. Then we went to the bar. Wouldnt recomend that. woke up with a pillow full of blood. that was quite a few years ago, Ive gown up since then..............

Old 10-27-2007, 11:23 PM
Skandocious
Postmaster
Yeah they warned me about no alcohol. Not a problem, I don't drink

Quick Reply: Out for a day or 2