Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Toyota slipping

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 06:59 AM
Fordsflylow
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NumberDummy
Please define Domestic.
Thats easy, the country of origin and where the headquarters for that particular make resides.

Toyota Camry, Corolla, Sienna, Matrix, 4 Runner, Sequoia, Tundra, prolly others, are made in the US of A. So are Nissan Maxima's, Armada's, Sentra's, Titans, Xterras, Frontiers. Ditto for Honda Accords, Ridgelines, Odysseys and Civic's. Ad Nauseum: Add Hyundai, VW, Infiniti QX56, BMW, Mercedes-Benz to the list of US made vehicles.
All made here because of lop-sided shady trade deals made by bought off stuffed shirts who are selling this country to the highest bidder.

Where is the Ford Fusion made?
The better question is "why" are they made there. Do the big three really have any say in the matter!?! IMO Nope, it's a sink or swim deal! They have to compete in these lop-sided trade deals somehow and the quick fix is to seek out lower paid workers just like the other manufacturers do.

Aisin (japanese co. who supplies car parts for toy) here in south IL just "forced' there "American employees" to take a $1/hr cut, if they don't like it there's the door!

Old 11-23-2007, 07:06 AM
Fordsflylow
Postmaster
Originally Posted by thorseshoeing
I don't know that it hurt the american economy
You don't know!?! Is our economy looking good? I think not! Unfortunately we're all about to know though. Look at china and what they've done and continue to do to this country and the world in general.

US manufacturing jobs down 3 million in the past decade and that's just the tip of the iceburg.

Hang on the ride is about to get real bumpy!

Old 11-23-2007, 07:08 AM
Fordsflylow
Postmaster
Originally Posted by sglaine
The last profit Dollar does stay in Japan..Who are you kidding

As far as I'm concerned that Toyota, Nissan, Honda etc are anti-American cars. JUNK JUNK JUNK..
You're not alone!

Old 11-23-2007, 07:09 AM
Fordsflylow
Postmaster
Originally Posted by THE KING
You and me both. IMO they might be cheaper, but you get what you pay for. and im glad to hear the problems with toyota and i still dont feel sorry.
Thing is they've had problems all along, it's just that we're actually starting to hear about em is what's new.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:18 AM
Fordsflylow
Postmaster
It's a Global Economy today...like it or not.
I don't like it, it was done and it can be undone! I don't give a rats **** what the stuffed shirts in DC say. We have the "market" NOW, but if this trade deficit continues at the rate it has for years the market will shift to china, and the US will have no leverage at bargaining and you can kiss our way of life good bye - plain and simple.

Send em packing!

Old 11-23-2007, 07:22 AM
Fordsflylow
Postmaster
And this thread is about Toyota slipping not about appliances and electronics
True but, the same can happen across our economy. They've already eroded into our economy so much that it will take a lot of effort and determination by the US people to demand this be turned around NOW.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:39 AM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Fordsflylow
What only people who drove a Ford with Firestone's on it died!?! Give me a break!

Look at the stats from mid-sized suv's for the 08's;

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/summary.aspx?class=55

or large 08 suv's;

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/summary.aspx?class=50

In fact you can search any make any year. Go right ahead, be my guest tough guy!!?!
Well, if your are labaling me as a "tough guy" you must be a "genius" because in your 2 links above, it states nothing about FATAILITIES. You just proved to me nothing. ( as usual )

and while you're at it go right ahead and compare rollover stats and pick the year across the makes at;

http://www.safercar.gov/Index2.cfm

Shivy was no better, and in many cases they weren't even close to Ford yet who gets the bad pr pasted all over the headlines!?!
Once again Einstein, where are the fatality figures. Everyone knows that these SUV's aren't the most stable vehicles on the road and Ford received all the negative pr only because in the majority of reported roll over cases with Firestone, it was the tires blowing out causing the rollover. Now whose fault is was that the tires were blowing out is also debatable but the fact is Ford had a recall and your beloved Shivy never did.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:42 AM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
Fit and finish, initial quality, safety, etc.
As published by whom? ( geniune questions )

Old 11-23-2007, 09:50 AM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
Ohhhh I agree with you there and to see other people driving that trash makes me wonder if they are really American..
Wow, truly a mind numbing statement. Tell that to the man or women who is in the middle east fighting for your freedom and has a Nissan or Toyota sitting in their driveway at home....

Well my point is that I am
Ford proud to the Bone like you and when I see others talking how good Toyota is on a Ford site I find that pretty Lame... ..

First off, FORD vs THE COMPETITION. Easy concept to grasp.

Lastly, these facts have been presented here time and time again and seeing that some or most of the facts don't favor our beloved Ford, I can see how one can take it has Pro-Toyota propaganda.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:55 AM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
Thats easy, the country of origin and where the headquarters for that particular make resides.
So tell me, you make no mention of where the profits of this company goes. You tell me where Ford got the money to build plants overseas and even in Canada and Mexico.

Old 11-23-2007, 12:56 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by SMIGGS
Wow, truly a mind numbing statement. Tell that to the man or women who is in the middle east fighting for your freedom and has a Nissan or Toyota sitting in their driveway at home....

Like I said and what I said is my opion..Buy a foregin car to me is being Anti-Amaerican. That is my opion please understand that..

We in America have lost the ways of supporting our own..And as for companys that have out sourced job's over sea's Shame on them..

And if it ever came to me to have to buy a Foregin car. Guess what .. I would ride my horse instead..

Old 11-23-2007, 05:45 PM
THE KING
And if it ever came to me to have to buy a Foregin car. Guess what .. I would ride my horse instead..
LOL! If i had a horse i would also... I dont see what the arguement is? IMO Toyoto is a Japanese company and therefore buying a Toyoto POS you are supporting the Japanese company. I saw a bumper sticker today that said, Dont like your job? Keep buying foriegn! So does this bumper sticker not mean anything?

Edited by FTE Staff - No racial epithets please

Last edited by FTE Ken; 11-25-2007 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:48 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by THE KING
LOL! If i had a horse i would also... I dont see what the arguement is? IMO Toyoto is a Jap company and therefore buying a Toyoto POS you are supporting the jap company. I saw a bumper sticker today that said, Dont like your job? Keep buying foriegn! So does this bumper sticker not mean anything?

Now if everyone felt like us our country would be stronger..But I guess things are getting soft these days..

Old 11-23-2007, 05:56 PM
THE KING
Now if everyone felt like us our country would be stronger..But I guess things are getting soft these days..
Crazy aint it? I was young and could barley remember the good ol' days. Back in 1996-99 when ford was doing awesome. People went out and bought boats, new houses, they had money in the bank to do whatever they desired. Then the tides changed, now there boats and trucks are getting reposesed, they go through multipule plant closings and get kicked around, try doing everything they can to keep there house and food on the table. And people are trying to tell me that its not bad to buy foriegn. I dont know but i will always beg to differ when it comes to this subject. No more american pride.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:57 PM
THE KING
And you might not think that its effecting you becuase you dont work for the big three, but look around! It is!

Quick Reply: Toyota slipping