6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Wow....

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 07:00 PM
horsepuller
Post Fiend
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by blazeone
OK, here's my truck.
Very nice truck. I recognize it from other threads you've posted it to. Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound like I was questioning your participation here. My point was we respect your choice of a non Ford vehicle, hell, I even admire your choice in sports cars. So I'm just saying why not be friendly with everyone, regardless of what they drive without having to question them about their motivation for being here. If a GM truck owner wants to be a Ford Truck Enthusiast that's fine by me. The only qualification to be here is to agree to abide by the Guidelines.

Last edited by horsepuller; 09-14-2007 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:05 PM
DMAX-HD
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blazeone
I didn't say he said Ford's suck. I don't care about that, I just wondered why he's on the Ford forum so much. I'm sure that over on the d-max forums he would not have to defend his truck make.
I post on several GM/Chevy sites. I'd be curious to see how you do by posting 'duracrap' on those sites. I guess that would be like me saying 'Powerjoke'. I don't need to defend my purchase - it is what it is - a homely truck with a reliable drivetrain, rides nice, tows good and it's comfortable. Had good luck with the last dmax so it did sway my opinion this time. However, I will not limit my choices to to just GM the next time I buy.

We have several posters with other brands on the other sites and it's always interesting to hear their points of view. The 'long-timers' usually have some good input just in diesel and trends in genreral. I personally think we need a Dodge guy here as well.

Old 09-15-2007, 11:53 PM
rednek01
Junior User
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbl ahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbl ahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbl ahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

ps opinions are opinions and facts are facts.

Old 09-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Lead Head
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DMAX-HD
I post on several GM/Chevy sites. I'd be curious to see how you do by posting 'duracrap' on those sites. I guess that would be like me saying 'Powerjoke'. I don't need to defend my purchase - it is what it is - a homely truck with a reliable drivetrain, rides nice, tows good and it's comfortable. Had good luck with the last dmax so it did sway my opinion this time. However, I will not limit my choices to to just GM the next time I buy.

We have several posters with other brands on the other sites and it's always interesting to hear their points of view. The 'long-timers' usually have some good input just in diesel and trends in genreral. I personally think we need a Dodge guy here as well.
I'm a dodge guy as well, I have never owned one, but my father used to drive a 97 RAM 2500 up until 06 when his boss sold it to a friend. I can tell you that it was definitely a solid truck, although it was the 5.9 gas, so it could tow decently, but slow as *****

Old 09-16-2007, 12:33 AM
powerstroked162
Postmaster
Originally Posted by DMAX-HD

Well I appreciate your info, input, and your overall enjoyable presence here on FTE

Dont let these boys get to ya. They sometimes feel threatened when in the presence of either a Dodge or Chevy owner. What're you gonna do? Guess we better start passin out blankies with FTE subscriptions

Cowboy Steve

Old 09-16-2007, 01:02 PM
horsepuller
Post Fiend
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by rednek01
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbl ahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbl ahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbl ahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

ps opinions are opinions and facts are facts.
Yep. And some folks can't express either one. Here's your blankie.

Last edited by horsepuller; 09-16-2007 at 01:05 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:10 PM
16diesel
Senior User
i personally know of 2 dmaxs that cracked heads in my area(one did it twice)

Old 09-16-2007, 07:43 PM
powerstroked162
Postmaster
And I can name off about a dozen 6.0s that have lifted heads, your point being?

Cowboy Steve

Old 09-16-2007, 09:26 PM
PSD6litre40
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by powerstroked162
And I can name off about a dozen 6.0s that have lifted heads, your point being?

Cowboy Steve
Make it 13 mine lifted the heads twice.......

Old 09-16-2007, 09:48 PM
meanv10
Elder User
I dont buy the whole aluminum heads over heating business. I know a lot of people including myself that drive Fords with aluminum heads and have never heard of overheating them. Maybe its a different story with diesels over heating aluminum heads when running such a high compression? But thats my only guess as to what you guys are talking about.