6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

truck's acting weird..

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 01:38 AM
fordstroker
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
truck's acting weird..

hey guys, well i was driving today and when i take off from a stop or roll and get on the throttle pretty hard, the truck falls on its face and shakes and sputters..almost like a miss..i know it wasn't just the regen because it just went through one earlier in the day and plus i know what it feels like driving during regen and this was different..it only does it when on the throttle fairly hard...dont know if it could be an injector problem or what? any of you have any ideas on this??

Old 09-06-2007, 01:49 AM
greythorn3
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
take it to the stealership im sure they will be more then happy to help you.

Ray

Old 09-06-2007, 01:58 AM
fordstroker
Junior User
well i know that...can't get there for a couple days...i'm trying to see if anyone else has maybe had the same problem...

Old 09-06-2007, 05:39 AM
firehawk198
Elder User
My buddy had it happen to his. It was an electrical connection to the injector. They replaced the connector and it it has been perfect since then. Just an possibility.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:48 AM
pugster
Senior User
Smile Check Injector

Sounds like mine at 600 miles. An injector was loose, eventually shutting down the engine. Get it checked, but not at Joe Myers.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:24 PM
fordstroker
Junior User
i had an appointment to take it in to the dealer today, and low and behold it stops acting up..weird...thats always the case, can't get it to act up when you need it to..probly should have went ahead and took it in to get the pcm updated...guess we'll see if it does it again anytime soon...weird..

Old 09-09-2007, 12:29 PM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by fordstroker
i had an appointment to take it in to the dealer today, and low and behold it stops acting up..weird...thats always the case, can't get it to act up when you need it to..probly should have went ahead and took it in to get the pcm updated...guess we'll see if it does it again anytime soon...weird..
Whats the build date on the truck?

Old 09-09-2007, 03:08 PM
reddawg7
New User
shutter at take off

My truck does the same thing but only when I am pulling my 5th wheel. From a stop it will shutter and vibrate . took it to the stealership and they could not find what the problem was. A couple of weeks later I was by the stealership with my trailer so I stopped in and had the service mgr get the best diesel mechanic and we took off in my truck. the mechanic says its the drive line shutter when loaded. he futher said if I put air bags on the rear it would not do it. I thought it was the tranny and that concerned me but they assured me it was drive line shutter.

Last edited by reddawg7; 09-09-2007 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:41 PM
mrxlh
Postmaster
Originally Posted by reddawg7
My truck does the same thing but only when I am pulling my 5th wheel. From a stop it will shutter and vibrate . took it to the stealership and they could not find what the problem was. A couple of weeks later I was by the stealership with my trailer so I stopped in and had the service mgr get the best diesel mechanic and we took off in my truck. the mechanic says its the drive line shutter when loaded. he futher said if I put air bags on the rear it would not do it. I thought it was the tranny and that concerned me but they assured me it was drive line shutter.
If it were me I would have them put that it writing on the service ticket, and carry that back to Ford. Make them pay for the airbags, if that is whats going to correct their problem. Hate to be nitpicky, but Ford has gone out of their way to make it a pain to get anything done under warranty, chipped or not. I would by all means hold them accountable to hold up their end of the bargain.

Old 09-09-2007, 11:11 PM
fordstroker
Junior User
the build date on my truck is 6-07. earlier in this thread i said that the truck stopped doing what it was doing, but today i was driving and it started again..when get get on the throttle hard it starts sputtering and i noticed today that when it was doing that it was blowing white smoke out of the tailpipe...don't know what could be going on, im for sure going to take it in tomorrow whether its messing up or not..my luck it'll run fine and they won't be able to find anything wrong with it...

Old 09-10-2007, 11:45 AM
se7en30
New User
driveline shutter usually only happens when you install a leveling kit; reddawg7 do you have a leveling kit on yours?

Old 09-10-2007, 02:00 PM
BowTieHatr
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
there are some trucks that have a driveline shudder on hard accell, more noticeable when loaded or lifted. there is a tsb out to install some shims on the center support to help out with the shudder.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:36 PM
kimminau2
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine did that when it was loaded, but then the differential crapped out and they replaced it. Have not had the problem since.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:42 PM
fordstroker
Junior User
i know mine isn't driveline shutter..mine loses power and blows white smoke out of the tailpipe..the truck will run fine for a little while and then it will start acting up..doesnt do it all the time..

Old 09-11-2007, 06:51 AM
BowTieHatr
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
try to find a more competent dealer.

Quick Reply: truck's acting weird..