1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

uplifter switch wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 03:17 AM
FishFord
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bpounds
You will find the pass-thru wires under the hood, on a harness on the firewall, next to the brake master cylinder, driver side. Usually they are just hanging there and look like someone cut something off. Find those wires, and then look for the other end in the cabin, behind the fuse block. It helps to unbolt the fuse block and lower it down to reach all the stuff behind it.

The pass-thru wires and the blunt cut upfitter wires are all in the same general area. Yes, if you want to use them, you have to make the splice yourself.

You should be good with 10A using those wires. I wouldn't go much more than that. They look like only 16ga wires to me.

Welcome to FTE!!!
Thank you bpounds. Success today. Installed nice rear mounted floodights off of aux 3 switch. Worked fine. The pasthru wires are red, white, blue, and black and they're maybe #10. Pretty stout.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:41 PM
FinnishGuy
New User
Hi folks! I just bought 2009 f250 super duty and im very keen install led work lights on the back of truck, they might make reversing much easier..
I've thought add maybe 3 or 2 pieces 10 watts mini led lights to back.. My only problem which I've wondered its do i need to add relays between upfitter switches power cable and my worklights? Or it is just enought to just connect up fitter switches power cable to to worklight and bolt ground wire to some good place in truck..?

And do u guys have any good tips how to wire cables from the cab to the rear of truck?..

http://www.lakeudenkone.fi/tuotteet.html?id=57/318 this model lights im going to add, helps a lot when dark..

i apologize my bad english.. im finnish guy, and super dutys are very uncommon in here Finland, so have to ask u guys.. Thx for answers!

Old 12-24-2013, 01:59 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Welcome.

Those draw 3/4 amp each, if I'm reading that page correctly. You could wire a bunch of those to any of the upfitters, without needing a relay. Just run a power wire from a switch output, and ground each lamp. Done. Easiest would be to use one of the pass-thru firewall wires.

Originally Posted by FinnishGuy
Hi folks! I just bought 2009 f250 super duty and im very keen install led work lights on the back of truck, they might make reversing much easier..
I've thought add maybe 3 or 2 pieces 10 watts mini led lights to back.. My only problem which I've wondered its do i need to add relays between upfitter switches power cable and my worklights? Or it is just enought to just connect up fitter switches power cable to to worklight and bolt ground wire to some good place in truck..?

And do u guys have any good tips how to wire cables from the cab to the rear of truck?..

Työvalo led 10W flood | Lakeuden kone ja maataloustarvike Ky this model lights im going to add, helps a lot when dark..

i apologize my bad english.. im finnish guy, and super dutys are very uncommon in here Finland, so have to ask u guys.. Thx for answers!

Old 12-24-2013, 02:03 PM
FinnishGuy
New User
Great! that was all what needed to hear! Thank you for quick response and merry xmas from here snowy Finland

Old 04-20-2023, 03:48 PM
MR350
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Upliffer Switches in 06 F350

I have read the previous posts about the switches. I have a question still, are the switches pre wired? They light up when raised. Is the power attached to the switches from the factory, or do I have to install wires into the back of the switches?
How do I remove the switches from the dash?
I ran a test light and the 4 wires (red white blue and black) have no power in the engine compartment.

The following users liked this post:
Old 04-20-2023, 04:32 PM
cmcolfax
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by bpounds
Those ARE the wires, and you should find them behind the CJB. They will be bundled with a slew of blunt cut wires for upfitting applications. Here is a pic of them on my '06.

That photo comes from this page below, which might help orient you:
Installing Upfitter Switches - Ford 2005-2007 Superduty

The colors are not the same as the upfitters, because they are not necessarily intended for use with upfitters. And if fact, the pass-through wires are not large enough for upfitter #1 or #2. So be careful and don't overload them. Use relays for your lights, or else don't use the pass-through wires. You could run 4 x 50W (17 amps total) lights directly off of a 30A upfitter, but NOT if you use the pass-through wires.
I know this is a REALLY old post, but that is a GREAT writeup!