1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

trailer queens

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 10:14 AM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
I admire the work people put into their vehicles, regardless if it's trailered or not, regardless if they payed to have it done or labored it all themself, or it's still falling apart, or the build was of poor quality as long as the effort was there, It's all good to see them. It just bugs me that someone claims it to be something it's not, and has to put down somebody elses (in this case 55f350) that happens to be something it is. Of course this isn't limited to just vehicles. But when my truck is done, I'm the one going to be enjoying it, and if someone wants to give me a thumbs up, great, if not, good enough, someone like the guy that begrudged 55f350, I'd just tell him, "thanks, it's a driver." OK I'll get off my pedestal now.

I remember the 80's all too well and the Jelly-Bean cars, something different is to be appreciated from my point of view.

Old 09-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by imlowr2
I'm not going to beat this subject to death, but I will make a point here. Prior to having a truck as a project, I was very involved in Harley's and building custom made Harley's. I still recall, my fiancee(at that time) told me," if you want to buy a bike, it's a Harley or nothing" At the time I couldn't afford a Harley and was going to settle for a Japanese bike just to get on the road. Anyways, I got the Harley. I used to attend most of the biker run including the Laughlin Run in Laughlin Nev. I use to see the trailers hauling bikes, mostly because they didn't want to add miles to their precious motor vehicles. My bike was pretty custom which I did myself and large sums of money (Harley's aren't cheap to work on). Every year I drove my bike to and from Laughlin, regardless of the weather. True hardcore bikers will not be found dead on a trailer unless their bikes broke down. I feel sorry for the trailer guys, because they are missing out on making the trip, cruising down the highway and enjoying the feel and excitement of driving the vehicle, pulling up to someone else and giving them the thumbs up. and having a sense of commradery. That's what the whole run is about and is the best part of the event, not standing there looking at someone cleaning their bike that just came off a trailer. I personally don't care for Boyd Coddington, but I have to give him credit. He builds some very nice cars and high dollar vehicles for people who can afford them or don't have time to build one themselves. I can accept that. After he's done with a build, he initiates the build by doing a burnout and taking the car on the street to see how it handles before giving it to the owner. He doesn't put it on a trailer until he's sure its road worthy and free of any drivable defects. I just feel sadden by the fact that someone would own a vehicle, invest lots of money in it, and not enjoy the benfits of driving it. I prefer to see cars and drivers that enjoy their vehicles and get out and drive them. That impresses me!
All I can say is AMEN!!!! I agree completely with all you said.I'm into bikes and trucks and cars.I don't have cheap hobbys, but I do drive and ride all my toys!! Not driving your truck or car or bike, is like building a house and not living in it

Old 09-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Kurt G.
Laughing Gas
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Hey guys, I know this isn't really on subject but in a way it is. A few weeks ago my 2 sons and myself were taking my 54 to Wendy's in Kennewick , on Friday night they have an all old car gathering. My oldest son,14, made an observation. He said the 54 made people happy. He said when we pulled up to stoplight ect people would look around usually with a sour face. Then they'd see the truck and their face would soften and when I'd pull away they'd have a smile (30 yr old glass packs on a Y-block sound fantastic!!! really they do). So the t/c may spend money on the trucks to show them but people we FTE'rs in the words of my son "we spread happiness." Kurt G. Y-blocks rule.