1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

trailer queens

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 09:31 AM
ilovegamesandcars
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it a trailer queen when two weeks ago I towed my 58 Edsel with my 60 F100 to a local car show?

Old 08-27-2007, 10:12 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
were they both entered ? no we were discussing the people who claim to drive their six figure rides , resto musclecars what have you , when in actuality they trailer 'em in. i seen so many of them this weekend unload off the trailer { yes i was there watching my bud norm had his 70 runner there registering etc. which is driven quite frequently } then you go in and listen to 'em talk about how they drove the car there from timbuktu . 58 eh , norm has a 58 edsel pacer convertible he,s let turn into ferrous iron ore material as it has sat out with the top down for 20 plus in his storage yard . makes me sick when i see it .

Old 08-27-2007, 10:21 AM
ilovegamesandcars
Senior User
No 55 F350, I was just playing I knew what you guys we're talking about.

But it did happen to me. My husband was at Camp Pen doing his yearly 2 week manuvers when I was asked to bring the Edsel to our city's B-Day/Car Show. On the way there I blew a freeze plug. So not to disappoint I, literaly, ran two blocks home, grabbed the F100 and the dolly, and pulled the Edsel through the parade route.

I think I got more applause then anyone else that day ...

Old 08-27-2007, 11:33 AM
CIAF
Posting Guru
350, Can-O-Bugs? hummm........I think that you are on to something here. That is perhaps a product to sell to the posers. I could have collected a few hundred just from my grill on Saturday alone, but how would we get them into the can ?? On J-Leno's "will it sell?" there was a bug sucker from one inventor that could be the ticket. LOL

Old 08-27-2007, 06:59 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
gimme a lil while to try an' get inventive could be a real seller ! how about road grime in a spray bottle or aerosol ? we could refer to itas poser poopouri [ YES I MISSPELLED IT ON PURPOSE ! } p. s. i love broken car good excuse !!! you should patent that line so you can charge them for using it ! you ciaf and i might jus' get rich !! hah hah !

Last edited by 55 f350; 08-27-2007 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:01 PM
CIAF
Posting Guru
350: don't stop now man, you're on a roll. POOPOURI, Now that's gr8t!!!and fitting as well.Would it have an aroma?? Bugs for trucks fer 5 bux. CaCa in a Can.
Jon

Old 08-28-2007, 04:34 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
of course it would have an odor . we gotta let everyone know they're full of it right ? we can even get different aroma's , from baby poop to the manly i ate chili or mexican all depending on how full of it they are !

Old 08-28-2007, 02:51 PM
edsf100
Posting Guru
Boy what a topic. I know many who use the trialer BUT they care as much for the hobby as I do. Many ideas have come from the time and efforts put into some of these trucks that we enjoy today. If I were lucky enough to fund an awesome build I would trailer the truck to the major events then once done turn her loose to the pavement. I talked to one on Saturday who said to me that time is near. They have done the big shows and soon she's ready for the pavement. Love those trucks either way.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:30 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,836 Likes on 1,835 Posts
I can see both side of the issue and I have battled it in the past. No, my Frankentruck is nowhere near being ready to be towed anywhere but several years ago I took a long motorcycle trip where we did the trailer queen route with the bikes (first time for everything) We made the choice to go that route so we could haul the travel trailer/gear/ etc and really make time burning up the miles on the first leg so that we could take our time and enjoy the country once we got the bikes up where we were headed.
I can see the same thing being done with a truck/car/etc expecially if one is trying to drag the whole family several hours to a show. However, if that is what has to be done one shouldn't pretend that one drove said truck/car/etc to the show.

I did have to tow my truck once. That was down to the local DMV to have the VIN inspected (I figured if I drove it down they would yell at me....lol)

Its all good, don't let the posers get you down
Bobby

Old 08-28-2007, 08:03 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
see thats what im sayin' . dont be a poser !!!! the rest is just fun and i know there is someone out there sayin ' the same thing 'bout me an my ol' truck . difference is i dont care , and i aint pretending to be or do something i'm not .

Last edited by 55 f350; 08-28-2007 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:35 PM
eman92082
Cargo Master
Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts
To me I guess the question is... who cares ?

Why do we make such drama out of everything ? Look at the people in our Forum..... Some folks have money and shops, others are short on cash and out in the weather. The passion is the same. We bleed vintage Ford Trucks.....

I'm a pro-level musician. Most folks can't play was well as I do, but they still love music. Some folks can't build Trucks but they can afford to have them built. They still make our world better.

Too much bickering.......

Old 08-29-2007, 01:00 AM
B/B ford
Clean & Classy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by eman92082
To me I guess the question is... who cares ?

Why do we make such drama out of everything ? Look at the people in our Forum..... Some folks have money and shops, others are short on cash and out in the weather. The passion is the same. We bleed vintage Ford Trucks.....

I'm a pro-level musician. Most folks can't play was well as I do, but they still love music. Some folks can't build Trucks but they can afford to have them built. They still make our world better.

Too much bickering.......
Right on!!

Old 08-29-2007, 04:23 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
let's let this one die fella's they are right and i vented about a pet peave and had some fun . good night all !!!!!

Old 09-02-2007, 01:00 AM
rcav8or
If you use it, SUPPORT IT
Had to chuckle, reading this. I rode Gold Wings for years, got criticized by the "hard-core" Harley riders. Yet, when you get 50 miles from Daytona, for bike week, all the Harley owners are stopping at motels, to off-load the scooter from the trailer, so they can ride the last 50 miles, looking like they rode all the way! We'd pass hundreds going down on trailers. The only trailering the GoldWings see, is the little one they pull behind!!

Trucks are for PULLING trailers, not riding on them!!

R

Old 09-02-2007, 09:37 AM
imlowr2
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not going to beat this subject to death, but I will make a point here. Prior to having a truck as a project, I was very involved in Harley's and building custom made Harley's. I still recall, my fiancee(at that time) told me," if you want to buy a bike, it's a Harley or nothing" At the time I couldn't afford a Harley and was going to settle for a Japanese bike just to get on the road. Anyways, I got the Harley. I used to attend most of the biker run including the Laughlin Run in Laughlin Nev. I use to see the trailers hauling bikes, mostly because they didn't want to add miles to their precious motor vehicles. My bike was pretty custom which I did myself and large sums of money (Harley's aren't cheap to work on). Every year I drove my bike to and from Laughlin, regardless of the weather. True hardcore bikers will not be found dead on a trailer unless their bikes broke down. I feel sorry for the trailer guys, because they are missing out on making the trip, cruising down the highway and enjoying the feel and excitement of driving the vehicle, pulling up to someone else and giving them the thumbs up. and having a sense of commradery. That's what the whole run is about and is the best part of the event, not standing there looking at someone cleaning their bike that just came off a trailer. I personally don't care for Boyd Coddington, but I have to give him credit. He builds some very nice cars and high dollar vehicles for people who can afford them or don't have time to build one themselves. I can accept that. After he's done with a build, he initiates the build by doing a burnout and taking the car on the street to see how it handles before giving it to the owner. He doesn't put it on a trailer until he's sure its road worthy and free of any drivable defects. I just feel sadden by the fact that someone would own a vehicle, invest lots of money in it, and not enjoy the benfits of driving it. I prefer to see cars and drivers that enjoy their vehicles and get out and drive them. That impresses me!

Last edited by imlowr2; 09-02-2007 at 09:48 AM.

Quick Reply: trailer queens